turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
how do i update the sideloader modpack? and do i even need to, like are new clothing etc that get added to it once in a while?

edit - i'm on version r7. what's different with r10? the change log in main post goes up to r5...
You´re outdated - makes no sense to update only the mods, better making a clean new install of recent R11

INeed2BModded

Jul 1, 2020
I've really been looking for an answer to this but, I can't find it. I must be blind. I can't figure out where to put the Hanmen next gen textures from R7 to R11. I put them where I thought they belong but, I get the error message and end up with the characters skin being pitch black from the neck down. It's showing that they are installed in the menu to change meshes but, not when I go through the different texture list. I've read just to copy the needed folders from the userdata folders. However, evidently there are mod folders that need to be coppied as well? Then if I do and there is a conflict, how do I know whether to override or not in order to avoid those missing mod errors? Thanks in advance.

INeed2BModded

Jul 1, 2020
I guess a better question to ask is, what folders does one need to move to ensure that all of their previous mods were working? If it asks me to override a mod should I or is it better to go with the ones in the latest version?

I know I'm not doing something right because a mod that allowed me to use several rooms isn't working and it's starting me over on the Achievements despite remembering the first five rooms.

Thank you in advance.

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
I've really been looking for an answer to this but, I can't find it. I must be blind. I can't figure out where to put the Hanmen next gen textures from R7 to R11. I put them where I thought they belong but, I get the error message and end up with the characters skin being pitch black from the neck down. It's showing that they are installed in the menu to change meshes but, not when I go through the different texture list. I've read just to copy the needed folders from the userdata folders. However, evidently there are mod folders that need to be coppied as well? Then if I do and there is a conflict, how do I know whether to override or not in order to avoid those missing mod errors? Thanks in advance.
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...lect-2-card-sharing-thread.44248/post-9237280
same as in my signature..

Last edited:

18Scythe

Jan 16, 2021
You´re outdated - makes no sense to update only the mods, better making a clean new install of recent R11
For the updates section do i just run the exe for all the version upgrades? 7 to 8, 8 to 8.1, etc. Do i need to backup my userdata folder?
Also, how do i track progress on making a copy? idk if gdrive is doing it at all...

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
For the updates section do i just run the exe for all the version upgrades? 7 to 8, 8 to 8.1, etc. Do i need to backup my userdata folder?
Also, how do i track progress on making a copy? idk if gdrive is doing it at all...
I don´t recommend the upgrade way, it´s often causing conflicts.
And to upgrade from R7 to R11 you have to do each single upgrade step by step, so it´s far easier to make a new download and install of R11.
You should keep your R7 as backup until the new R11 is running well.

After a first test of the new R11 follow this https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r10-illusion.53457/post-9452306

Reactions: Mr-Fox

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I guess a better question to ask is, what folders does one need to move to ensure that all of their previous mods were working? If it asks me to override a mod should I or is it better to go with the ones in the latest version?

I know I'm not doing something right because a mod that allowed me to use several rooms isn't working and it's starting me over on the Achievements despite remembering the first five rooms.

Thank you in advance.
I have a little Addon to Mr-Fox`answer.

Basically each mod (zipmods, as Hanmens tex) you download by yourself from anywhere and isn´t included in BetterRepack should be stored in mods/MyMods.
This is important cuz otherwise if you put it in Sideloader Modpack it might be deleted if you´re running "update", if this mod is not in the Sideloader mod list.

If you change to a new version of BetterRepack from an older running one you have to transfer your old "personal" stuff into the new install. Mainly whole "UserData" and "MyMods".
Read here this miniguide of Sykosis https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...lect-2-card-sharing-thread.44248/post-7876189
But: if your old version is much lower than the new one (like R7 to R11) it makes no sense you´re running update on your R7 first as Sykosis described. Do only the update after your R11 is ready.

Last but not least: I always recommend a clean new install of a newer version and keep the old running one as Backup until the new version is running fine.

3 0 1 2

Mar 10, 2021
nvm. reinstalling the game lol, the sideloader modpack update eta is 8 days
how do i bypass the gdrive quota?
You can mark all SPLITS and download them in one big zip file , gdrive will then split it into several smaller archives again and renames them by adding extra numbers for the download. So you'll have to rename them back in order to unpack the original sideloader SPLITS.

Here's STN's instruction:
1669593013713.png

If you need more info, please read or search this thread.
This renaming / "corrupt" archive issue has been discussed here like a million times already. ;)

Last edited:

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
nvm. reinstalling the game lol, the sideloader modpack update eta is 8 days
how do i bypass the gdrive quota?
Oh man - why you´re trying the hard way?
It´s much easier and more fail safe to download from torrent.
May took more time to download (mine always > 12 hours), but you can leave it alone over night or while you´re working and afterthen you have one 7zip file ready to extract/install.

18Scythe

Jan 16, 2021
i don't have a paid vpn to torrent, nor do i live in a country where torrenting is allowed.

google drive keeps cancelling my download midway, what's up with that?i've tried edge, chrome and firefox, same issue
i've tried getting j downloader but it's stuck at 0mpbs

• Sad
Reactions: Mr-Fox and turbojoe

18Scythe

Jan 16, 2021
i don't have a paid vpn to torrent, nor do i live in a country where torrenting is allowed.

google drive keeps cancelling my download midway, what's up with that?i've tried edge, chrome and firefox, same issue
9BF072BF-3AEA-4FAE-9630-77BDD6AF85DC.jpeg

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021

That´s a pity.
If torrent is not possible for you my next recommendation is MEGA.
Normally it´s limited to 5GB or so per day, but you can avoid this with a download manager.
Read this guide from ChubbyCheek https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r10-illusion.53457/post-9376633

How to work with splitted files look here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r10-illusion.53457/post-8174651

=Havoc=

Nov 25, 2022
alright 2nd day trying to make this work and still no success :( am a noob when it comes to unity. I cant find the modding tools anywhere in unity. 1669638872000.png

=Havoc=

Nov 25, 2022
trying to do some modding for hs2, wanted to start slow with accesories, but yeah, using Hooh Modding Tools v0.7.0. Any help wwould be great

=Havoc=

Nov 25, 2022
installed Git-2.38.1-64-bit, UnitySetup64-2018.4.11f1, have VS trying to make Hooh Modding Tools v0.7.0.0 wwork in unity, but without any success. had errors in unity solved all of them, by just refreshing the highlighted folders and unity applied something to them and solved the errors : /. feels like the tutorial is very outdated or am just very dumb. Cant join discord cuz they require phone verification that am not able to provide. No sighs of any integrated hooh tools in unity except for the packages.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes