turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
so that is a ~110GB download. compressed. just to start a game.
Does that seem right to you?
Well, with this question you are not wrong. Compared to real complex games like Skyrim or Fallout4 (100 - 140GB incl. many extracted mods) the game engine of HS 2 seems really not to be the all the rage.

But what the hell - the torrent download was running over night and didn´t bother me. Next day extracted the game while breakfast, activated some mods from [optional] and here we go!

You have to decide for yourself whether it´s worth it............

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
so that is a ~110GB download. compressed. just to start a game.
Does that seem right to you?
Yes, actually. It is a torrent containing the entire set, not just the game, but a second archive called the Sideloader Modpack. This is where the majority of that size comes from and the modpack is unnecessary for the game itself, so you can just disable that file in your torrent client.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Yes, actually. It is a torrent containing the entire set, not just the game, but a second archive called the Sideloader Modpack. This is where the majority of that size comes from and the modpack is unnecessary for the game itself, so you can just disable that file in your torrent client.
Sideloader Modpack alone is 20GB - you really don´t need?
But whats about cards from here using some mods from this Modpack?

linus.quotes

Aug 27, 2021
If you missed that; ~110GB download, plus minimum ~55GB unzip of the ~43GB game file is, what 165GB of disk space to play a game.

Thais a kinda big point to miss...
Man, that's huge, holy sh.... the thought of having almost 20% of the hdd spent on one single game makes me kinda sad and discouraged to try it...

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Sideloader Modpack alone is 20GB - you really don´t need?
But whats about cards from here using some mods from this Modpack?
As has been told to me by STN, the creator of Better Repack, himself, the Sideloader Modpack is only for the studio. I once mentioned there being things in it for the game myself, but he corrected me.

Reactions: turbojoe

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
As has been told to me by STN, the creator of Better Repack, himself, the Sideloader Modpack is only for the studio. I once mentioned there being things in it for the game myself, but he corrected me.
That's only partly true... The base game is heavily modded itself....

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That's only partly true... The base game is heavily modded itself....

Yes, and the Sideloader Modpack isn't part of that preexisting modding, it is extra stuff for the studio alone. The folders in the modpack are specifically labeled "Studio" and "Maps," both of which are studio only functions. Studio adds objects to be loaded while Maps adds locations to load instead of the ones that are there already or the default black.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Yes, and the Sideloader Modpack isn't part of that preexisting modding, it is extra stuff for the studio alone. The folders in the modpack are specifically labeled "Studio" and "Maps," both of which are studio only functions. Studio adds objects to be loaded while Maps adds locations to load instead of the ones that are there already or the default black.
Yes it is... did you even look at the screenshots?
The Sideloader Modpack is literally in the folder....
The Sideloader Modpack Studio isn't....

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yes it is... did you even look at the screenshots?
The Sideloader Modpack is literally in the folder....
The Sideloader Modpack Studio isn't....
I did, hence why I explained the whole Studio and Maps folders thing.

Extract it into the mods folder. I include a readme in the torrent as of R3.1 to explain that :)
It includes mods that are only useful for studio, you can disregard it if you don't use studio

That's the weird thing, it works for some people I get reports of... I am looking into alternatives though, but all services I check have their own problems, so just keep using google for the time being
This is a quote directly from STN himself, post #5,249, January 15th, 2021 on page 263.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I did, hence why I explained the whole Studio and Maps folders thing.
Yeah but why explain it to me... :KEK:
I know that already....
This thing started with how big the game is now we are at folder structure....
Want to go to file extensions next? ;) pls no...

This is a quote directly from STN himself, post #5,249, January 15th, 2021 on page 263.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Thanks for the enlightening discussion between alex and Uthuriel.

Let me resume to avoid any missunderstanding:
"Sideloader Modpack-Studio" and "Sideloader Modpack-Maps" is ONLY for Studio.
But these folders I haven´t installed with the game only - in the folder "mods" there are 5 different Sideloader Modpack xxx folders as the screenshot "basegame" from Uthuriel is showing.
And these I´m needing for my character-cards, right?

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021

But these folders I haven´t installed with the game only - in the folder "mods" there are 5 different Sideloader Modpack xxx folders as the screenshot "basegame" from Uthuriel is showing.
You can ignore the optional Studio/Maps without a problem.

1637704692526.png

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yeah but why explain it to me... :KEK:
I know that already....
This thing started with how big the game is now we are at folder structure....
Want to go to file extensions next? ;) pls no...

The folder structure is an important distinction since there are some Sideloader folders that are not part of the Sideloader Modpack, but the folders in the modpack are Sideloader folders. As for the size, also important because it is the majority and the issue of size can be solved by not getting the Sideloader Modpack through the use of blocking that file in the torrent client being used to download the game.

Anything that isn't separated out of the game files, that means the Maps and Studio Sideloader folders, might be needed, yes.

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
I have a problem, I don't know if it has happened to anyone, and it's that out of nowhere the character editor doesn't read my cards, nor my clothes, nor anything else.
I've lost the route, but nevertheless things are where they should be, if I want to change the clothes, I press and nothing happens.
If I want to edit a character that I had previously made, it comes out as if it was empty.
Did this happen to you?
I have version R4.0.1, thanks!

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes