halkice

Apr 16, 2021
Can I pwez get a HoneySelect Full download Link...AI vet here...think ima try this Honeyselect Betterrepack...might try discord :Edit Yea the discord worked

Patioduck

Jul 17, 2019
What Repack version did you install? The recent version is R8.1.
If you have an older one but updated the mods maybe newest ones conflict with older BepInEx.

Otherwise a new clean install may help.
Thank you for your answer Turbojoe!
I made a clean install of the repack from page 1 in this thread, and followed the instructions in the FAQ. That was the R7 Repack, so you're correct....that made the result not very usable after I had run the Inisetting update. A rookie mistake on my behalf.

I will update to R8.1 and try again.

Patioduck

Jul 17, 2019
I made a clean install of the repack from page 1 in this thread, and followed the instructions in the FAQ. That was the R7 Repack, so you're correct....that made the result not very usable after I had run the Inisetting update. A rookie mistake on my behalf.

Unfortunately, an update to R8.1 with reg.fix, as well as running the update through inisetting gave almost similar error messages. Still stuck on the white screen. Did run the "fix folder persmissions" in the manager app, also without any different result.

One possible cause of this that I have been wondering about...Could there be other files outside of the install forlder, that I should delete to be able to do a clean install (that I would have missed the first time)?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021

I recommend a clean new install R8.1 cuz there where essential changes since R7. If only updating (there are Repack update only files available) you may take along issues from old install.
Follow this little guide from Sykosis here https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...lect-2-card-sharing-thread.44248/post-7876189, you can do this also with your R7.
Keep your R7 as backup til R8.1 is running well, if you have drive space enough.

Reactions: Patioduck

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Can I pwez get a HoneySelect Full download Link...AI vet here...think ima try this Honeyselect Betterrepack...might try discord :Edit Yea the discord worked
is there a link to download the vanilla version?

On the left side click on HoneySelect2 DX and choose a downlod link.
Most reliable way is torrent download.

Patioduck

Jul 17, 2019
I recommend a clean new install R8.1 cuz there where essential changes since R7. If only updating (there are Repack update only files available) you may take along issues from old install.
Follow this little guide from Sykosis here https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...lect-2-card-sharing-thread.44248/post-7876189, you can do this also with your R7.
Keep your R7 as backup til R8.1 is running well, if you have drive space enough.
Again thank you Turbojoe! I will download a full R8.1 repack and also read up on Sykosis's guide.

Reactions: turbojoe

halkice

Apr 16, 2021
Does HS2 have better Animation properties "sorta say" Than AI using StudioNeov2. Or are they basically the same as in Quality Except AI just has more realistic Graphics. I have AI fully updated with Optional+Untested Mods, im just wondering If im really missing out on anything not using HS2.

halkice

Apr 16, 2021
Hi. Is there a way to fix pixelated texture on dick when use monochrome male body?
View attachment 1774371
Hit F1 and go to "better penetration" tab and set males default skin to a different dick but be careful bc I think cur 3 or something are the only ones that use the penetration mod. might not want to quote me on that but atleast i pointed you into the right direction. I cant get the betterPen mod to work right in studioneo.

Reactions: NukaCola

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Does HS2 have better Animation properties "sorta say" Than AI using StudioNeov2. Or are they basically the same as in Quality Except AI just has more realistic Graphics. I have AI fully updated with Optional+Untested Mods, im just wondering If im really missing out on anything not using HS2.
They are basically the same system, just with different assets available like maps (use AI Shoujo for beach scenes, for example, but HS2 for some others). The biggest differences are in the game itself.

Reactions: turbojoe

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
They are basically the same system, just with different assets available like maps (use AI Shoujo for beach scenes, for example, but HS2 for some others). The biggest differences are in the game itself.
I wanted to add here: more often than not, the differences in the game itself are kind of irrelevant because the mechanics in something like AI Shoujo are just...dumb...at least to me.
Remember playing that a long time ago thinking I'll be able to build something cool.
Ended up building something really bad because the building system is really scuffed, and it still lagged my game to all hell...never again, Illusion...

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I wanted to add here: more often than not, the differences in the game itself are kind of irrelevant because the mechanics in something like AI Shoujo are just...dumb...at least to me.
Remember playing that a long time ago thinking I'll be able to build something cool.
Ended up building something really bad because the building system is really scuffed, and it still lagged my game to all hell...never again, Illusion...
Part of it was an optimization issue, most likely. I still can't get above 20 FPS and I was originally getting a solid 60 before the first DLC hit, which leads me to believe that there was something in that DLC that changed how the game handled the code under the hood. I even had a giant mansion on the housing island that SHOULD have been lagging the game well before the first DLC with how much and how often I added to it.

As far as relevance, in this case, they are relevant due to being what make up the differences between the games in their design, which was the main part of what was asked, differences in the studios, which are small at best compared to the games, which are practically polar opposites in design.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Hit F1 and go to "better penetration" tab and set males default skin to a different dick but be careful bc I think cur 3 or something are the only ones that use the penetration mod. might not want to quote me on that but atleast i pointed you into the right direction. I cant get the betterPen mod to work right in studioneo.
Thanks, I will give it a try. Btw, do you know how to download character card from pixiv? I can't find any place to download and saved png images didn't work.

DigitalWind

Nov 18, 2019
I'm having trouble getting it to load in VR - regular works, but it's just a permanent load screen. Help?

Steam VR is on, Quest 2, and I can run Honey Select 1 in VR.

Reactions: zkn1021

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
When you click the exit button, nothing happens.
Tried a new install yet?
When did this issue appear? Suddenly or after update? What Repack number?

Man - when you want help you should give a little more informations...........o_O

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes