shadowbane456

Dec 2, 2018
Need someone with Tech know how. For awhile now, I have asked a few times if anyone knew a way keep the characters eyes open at all times during animations, without a response. Would it be possible to edit with note pad+ this in the Better H Scenes Mod:

## Close girl eyes
# Setting type: OffWeaknessAlways
# Default value: Off
# Acceptable values: Off, WeaknessOnly, Always
Force close eyes = Off

Change the word Close to open and Force open eyes = on

Or is there a way to edit certain animation properties, where ever they are in the files. I suspect eye control may be linked to the animations themselves as some of the animations have, for example, one eye would close and then open, then the other would do the same, and repeat, with all characters used in that specific animation.

Manly Marko did have a mod, for AI Girl I believe, that apparently allowed for this preference, but it was never updated or added to HS2.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Need someone with Tech know how. For awhile now, I have asked a few times if anyone knew a way keep the characters eyes open at all times during animations, without a response. Would it be possible to edit with note pad+ this in the Better H Scenes Mod:

## Close girl eyes
# Setting type: OffWeaknessAlways
# Default value: Off
# Acceptable values: Off, WeaknessOnly, Always
Force close eyes = Off

Change the word Close to open and Force open eyes = on

Or is there a way to edit certain animation properties, where ever they are in the files. I suspect eye control may be linked to the animations themselves as some of the animations have, for example, one eye would close and then open, then the other would do the same, and repeat, with all characters used in that specific animation.

Manly Marko did have a mod, for AI Girl I believe, that apparently allowed for this preference, but it was never updated or added to HS2.
No, editing a mod like that carries an extreme risk of breaking the mod entirely, it should be the absolute last resort when nothing else works because of that. To do it in a way with less of a chance of breaking the mod would be to go into the code and make it work the way you want, in other words modding the game again by editing the mod in the same way it was made the first time, but this does require some knowledge of C#, the language Unity uses.

Reactions: turbojoe

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I've moved it to a shorter path and updated it fully, but I only downloaded the R7 pack from the torrent, where can I find 8.1? Thanks for the help by the way.
For torrent I prefer this address , but is leading to the same torrent file

shadowbane456

Dec 2, 2018
No, editing a mod like that carries an extreme risk of breaking the mod entirely, it should be the absolute last resort when nothing else works because of that. To do it in a way with less of a chance of breaking the mod would be to go into the code and make it work the way you want, in other words modding the game again by editing the mod in the same way it was made the first time, but this does require some knowledge of C#, the language Unity uses.
Thanks for the info! Looks like my limited knowledge with coding won't get me anywhere as far as having that open eye preference. It is kinda sad when some people put so much effort into creating beautiful eyes, only to have them closed half the time during animations. Not to mention it does kinda ruin the immersion aspect somewhat.

Reactions: alex2011

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
unfortunately my connection is slow and it takes too long to download the last patch..
You mean Better Repack R8.1 (this is no patch, this is the newest version of the game and all recent mods) - game without Studio Modpack ~ 47GB Download?

Then I recommend torrent download.
Start the torrent, go to bed, go to work next day and so on until download is completed...............no matter how slow your connection is.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
is there a way to have futa on male action?
As long as it isn't the player character being penetrated, though not sure how to make a male card into a female card so it can be an NPC, don't remember if this game ever got drag and drop capability like Koikatsu.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I am asking 3rd time , pls anyone can have wide slider mod :cry:
Wide Slider is default HS2 DX (Better Repack)

Customize: hit F1, then Plugin settings and open "Slider Unlocker"
SliderUnlocker.jpg

The only WideSlider mod I know is for HS1 only ( )

Last edited:

noonehere18

Nov 19, 2019
so ive finally got the game installed and running.. up to the "InitSetting.exe" I can't actually launch the game or studio at all they just go to not responding any help?

seesed777

Jun 24, 2021
Hey, thanks for the help, but I got a new issue: in character creation, for whatever reason, if I hop into the eyes or nose tab, it completely resets the face of the character. Unsure what's causing it, any ideas?

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Hey, thanks for the help, but I got a new issue: in character creation, for whatever reason, if I hop into the eyes or nose tab, it completely resets the face of the character. Unsure what's causing it, any ideas?
I occasionally hit a similar problem where I have made some changes then it seems to reset to before. I don't know what causes it - sorry, I'm not that technically gifted. The only workaround I could thinkk of using was to save often so can revert to that if needed.
Hope you get a answer that solves your problem.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
so ive finally got the game installed and running.. up to the "InitSetting.exe" I can't actually launch the game or studio at all they just go to not responding any help?
Depending to your hardware the game launch can took up to several minutes!

Otherwise I recommend a completely new install, also observe to place the game folder on top of the drive and avoid unnecessary subfolders for short file path.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
No idea, should not happen and I didn´t never had this issue at any install since starting with HS2 (Repack R4).
Try a completely new install.
I guess you have the latest Repack R8.1 (you didn´t whether answer nor "like" my response here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r7-illusion.53457/post-8197764 )?
Did you run "update" in InitSetting yet?

Last edited:

T_Abraxas

Jun 26, 2020
Hate to be a whiney bitch, but does anyone have any resources they found helpful for making custom animations? Anything I've seemed to find here, reddit, or just searching has been long, unclear, seems to skip steps, and seems to require plugins I don't have or don't know, despite having a pretty good repack installed. I don't have discord...... Hopefully that's not the only place....

Thanks in advance etc etc everyone on here has been awesome so any replies are extremely appreciated as usual.

I'm trying to make a crappy RenPY VN type thing with a couple decisions that's mostly animation based, and the frame by frame approach I started doing is garbage and takes too long esp. compared to how much free time I have.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Hate to be a whiney bitch, but does anyone have any resources they found helpful for making custom animations? Anything I've seemed to find here, reddit, or just searching has been long, unclear, seems to skip steps, and seems to require plugins I don't have or don't know, despite having a pretty good repack installed. I don't have discord...... Hopefully that's not the only place....

Thanks in advance etc etc everyone on here has been awesome so any replies are extremely appreciated as usual.

I'm trying to make a crappy RenPY VN type thing with a couple decisions that's mostly animation based, and the frame by frame approach I started doing is garbage and takes too long esp. compared to how much free time I have.
What are you trying to animate?

Simple animation is easy (i.e. camera movement, repeating movements, etc.) and fast. Complex animation is extremely time consuming, hence the moment a developer gets any money they do motion capture.

Below is VNGE-based animation. If you need true, long form animation then using VNGE will require a lot of time.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: T_Abraxas

noonehere18

Nov 19, 2019
Depending to your hardware the game launch can took up to several minutes!

Otherwise I recommend a completely new install, also observe to place the game folder on top of the drive and avoid unnecessary subfolders for short file path.
Sorry I found the issue, i was missing a file and I had to run the registry fixer.. tbh that last part is probably really important for people to know, anyway time for me to learn how to make characters! as I have no clue what im doing! i'll watch a tutorial or something

Aug 11, 2020

My advice:
  • Take an existing animation. The ones at the top of the list are usually the best. The "tired" ones are usually crap, as are the ones labelled with a 2.
  • Use a HooH penis with the dick navigator and a vagina that can deform
  • Use the animation sliders to avoid clipping bodyparts
  • Use the node constraints plugin to fix stuff like hands clipping through the body. Watch out for spaghetti arms here, because it's not a perfect solution
  • Don't deviate too much from the default character lengths, this messes up your animations
  • Use smart camera angles to hide stuff that you can't fix. Remember there's buttons to tilt your camera to fit more in one shot
  • And please, use webm's instead of using an image sequence in Ren'Py. There's a good video recording plugin in the optional mods, which you can access with ctrl+R if you put it in the bepinex folder. Playing a 2 MB webm video is a lot more efficient than loading 500 MB worth of images in the computer memory to accomplish the same thing.
  • Not everything has to be an animation. Good writing and decent still images are not inferior to animations.

There's plugins like VNGE and HooH's gimmicks, but those are largely undocumented and not worth it if you don't have a lot of time.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes