turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Yea, i put it in C drive: C:\Honey2\HoneySelect 2

I'm not sure how to put it "on top of a drive"?
Yet you are nearly "on top" (meaning not to hide the game folder deep in several unnecessary subfolders like C:\Games\IllusionGames\Honey Select\...........), the only I see is you don´t need the "Honey2" folder. Move the game ("HoneySelect2") direct to C:\ and skip the "Honey2".

If your issue continue try a new install (= extracting) and use 7-Zip.
Your downloaded file should have this size
TorrentR10-size.jpg

As Velcrofly recommended try also to start the Character Creator ("Create" instead of "Play") respectively look if StudioNEO ("Start Studio") is loading correct.

Last edited:

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Hello,

Can anyone confirm if the following character card from chernobog95 contains a weird visual texture under the eyes?

View attachment 2041902

This is within the ScrewThisNoise Repack. I can't tell if this intentional.

Is there a method of removing that undereye texture?
Sry for the late answer.

I didn´t find this card in my chara/female/Modpack, so I had to download from your posting.
I see what you mean and found via HS2PNGInfo that the Eye Wrinkle mod is responsible to the weird look.

Gal-CardInfo.jpg

Change the Wrinkle tex to the next left and voila
Eye-wrinkles.jpg

Anyway this is a very old card (11-2020) and maybe the used mod is outdated now and no more included in the BetterRepack. And that maybe the reason this card is no more included in the recent BetterRepack (we have R10 now).

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Whats the difference between the steam version and the parted base game
Excepting you have to pay for the Steam version there is no difference to BetterRepack (recent R10), if you also download and install the SB3 Patch from ScrewThisNoise to your Steam game - read here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r7-illusion.53457/post-8919162

Btw you need not to download the original game in splitted packs, there is also the torrent way with one 50GB zip file (recommended, look here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r7-illusion.53457/post-8174651)
The torrent file for the recent version R10 u get here
NOTE: the 80 GB Sideloader Modpack Studio is ONLY for Studio and not for the game! If you don´t intend to work intensive with StudioNEO u can deselect this Pack before starting the torrent download.

Last edited:

coctus

Sep 13, 2022
Yet you are nearly "on top" (meaning not to hide the game folder deep in several unnecessary subfolders like C:\Games\IllusionGames\Honey Select\...........), the only I see is you don´t need the "Honey2" folder. Move the game ("HoneySelect2") direct to C:\ and skip the "Honey2".

If your issue continue try a new install (= extracting) and use 7-Zip.
Your downloaded file should have this size
View attachment 2043802

As Velcrofly recommended try also to start the Character Creator ("Create" instead of "Play") respectively look if StudioNEO ("Start Studio") is loading correct.
So i unzipped/reinstalled it to another drive at the top level, still same error.... yea, i downloaded from the same torrent.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Anyone know why rotating prop not chara FK, past 0 point e.g from 350 to 5 in the clip manager always resulting in rotation from 350 to 300, 180 and end up in 5 (not passing 0 at all).
I watched the VNGE's guide about it saying its bcs version issue and the example used was chara FK.
So I tried the same thing on chara FK, but on chara FK it functioned properly just as VNGE's guide.

meanmike

Apr 1, 2019
Anyone have side by side comparison of the graphics? 100gb is a lot to download on metered connection not sure if upgrade is worth it. I tried google couldnt find anything like I wanted.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Anyone have side by side comparison of the graphics? 100gb is a lot to download on metered connection not sure if upgrade is worth it. I tried google couldnt find anything like I wanted.
As noelle answered it´s not quite clear what you want to compare o_O
If you mean the latest version R10 against earlier versions there are no significant changes in graphics, the main development happens on the mod side.
If you want to use newest character cards it´s always a good idea to have the latest version.
Maybe a R10.1 is coming soon.

Anyway the HS2 game alone (with a bunch of mods as "BetterRepack") is about 50 GB to download.
The "Sideloader Modpack Studio" (~80 GB) is ONLY for StudioNEO and NOT for the game.

Reactions: meanmike

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
hello guys, is there a way to download only the vanilla game without any mods ? i got low disk space
That´s an interesting question o_O
I don´t think you have much fun with this game without all the amazing mods. Also you get troubles with most character cards created with less or more mods. And the base game is censored.

Where to get the base game I don´t know, I always used BetterRepack (since R4) - you have to google for "Honey Select 2 Libido DX".

For your space problem I only have the idea to use the Steam version, this needs only 15GB disc space.

Reactions: dororo7777

coctus

Sep 13, 2022
So i unzipped/reinstalled it to another drive at the top level, still same error.... yea, i downloaded from the same torrent.

So, there's no installation for this version, right? Just extract? I noticed that the previous versions of games I had to install and they registered in the windows system. Not sure if this could be the prob.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
So, there's no installation for this version, right? Just extract? I noticed that the previous versions of games I had to install and they registered in the windows system. Not sure if this could be the prob.
Hmmmm.....this is weird.

Anyway you´re right, the BetterRepack is only to be extracted as I showed you above https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r7-illusion.53457/post-8976109
If you want a recording in the windows registry you can run the RegistryFixer - I myself never did and run the game beside windows without issues.
RegistryFixer.jpg

Did you compare the size of your downloaded zipfile with my screenshot?

Reactions: coctus

coctus

Sep 13, 2022
Hmmmm.....this is weird.

Anyway you´re right, the BetterRepack is only to be extracted as I showed you above https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r7-illusion.53457/post-8976109
If you want a recording in the windows registry you can run the RegistryFixer - I myself never did and run the game beside windows without issues.
View attachment 2045479

Did you compare the size of your downloaded zipfile with my screenshot?
Yea, i did, same size. I ran the registry bat, didn't make a difference. I'm giving up now, too much time wasted already. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: turbojoe
Jan 27, 2022
If you mention "50gigs mods" and "bonemod" I guess you have the Steam version to play.
Sry to tell you that if you want to play most of the shared character cards without troubles you will NEED the usual modpacks.
For Steam it´s the SB3 pack from ScrewThisNoise (the full version)
View attachment 2030136

Read also here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r7-illusion.53457/post-8285851 what you get.
alr thanks bro, sadly i had to delete the game since its like 100gigs

• Sad
Reactions: turbojoe
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes