heckinT

Jan 2, 2019
Anyone know of any up-to-date tutorials on getting started making a mod for HS2? I want to make some tattoos (ones that will show up in the 'Paint' list) but I haven't been able to find a good example

Last edited:

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Anyone know of any up-to-date tutorials on getting started making a mod for HS2? I want to make some tattoos (ones that will show up in the 'Paint' list) but I haven't been able to find a good example
Making tattoos is a thing of Overlays - ad hoc I can offer a little guide a friend pnd me for making clothing overlays.
You have to make you familiar with a photo editor program like Photoshop or Gimp (Freeware).
View attachment Overlay-guide.7z
If the WordPad file doesn´t work I can try to insert the pn copy direct in a post.

Btw. you can find tattoo overlays on Illusion Discord

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Sorry yeah I meant to ask if the jump from HS1 and 2 is a noticeable difference.
Read here

When I started with HoneySelect 1 year ago ist was still said there are more mods existing for HS1, but I`m thinking this is history now. ;)

NOTE: character cards from HS1 and HS2 are NOT compatible - you can´t use your HS1 cards in HS2.

Reactions: meanmike

ProGamur

Aug 16, 2022
HS2 and AI Shoujo share things each other, but some mods does not. Thats why the HS2 only mods are put inside that folder.
I see. But it still doesnt fully make sense to me. What is the point of a zipmod file with a character's name in there if I cannot get that character in game? I am able to get the skin type and some things like that in the create menu but how do I get the entire character?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I see. But it still doesnt fully make sense to me. What is the point of a zipmod file with a character's name in there if I cannot get that character in game? I am able to get the skin type and some things like that in the create menu but how do I get the entire character?
I see what you mean.
Most of these zipmods are including face and makeup skins of very popular character cards. I guess these mods are already included as bonus feature on hold until you load one of these character cards.
Also some studio stuff.

Indeed they are unnecessary if you don´t use these cards.

Nov 24, 2017
Saw a post from a while back regarding the issue I am facing and I am not finding anything related to the issue. Essentially anytime I switch into or away from the nose tab the face and body resets. Any of the extra XYZ stuff remains as well as bone mods, however any sliders from the base game reset.
This is also true when trying to save the card. As soon as I even try to save the card by clicking save, not even confirming, the face and body sliders reset.
This issue only started happening when recently upgrading from either DX R07 or DX R08 to the most up to date version DX R10 (downloading each patch, from the mega folder, chronologically and installing them)

Does anyone know how to fix this or how to downgrade versions?
inb4 someone says re-download a 104gb game

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Saw a post from a while back regarding the issue I am facing and I am not finding anything related to the issue. Essentially anytime I switch into or away from the nose tab the face and body resets. Any of the extra XYZ stuff remains as well as bone mods, however any sliders from the base game reset.
This is also true when trying to save the card. As soon as I even try to save the card by clicking save, not even confirming, the face and body sliders reset.
This issue only started happening when recently upgrading from either DX R07 or DX R08 to the most up to date version DX R10 (downloading each patch, from the mega folder, chronologically and installing them)

I don´t exactly know what you mean (a screenshot could help?), but anyway it´s known that the way with upgrade patches sometimes is buggy, especially if you need more steps to upgrade.

I myself always prefer a full clean download and install of a new version. Also then you can keep the old version as backup til the new version is running well.

Btw the BetterRepack R10 (=game) is ~ 50GB to download, but it´s worth.

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021

I don't know what causes it or how to fix, but I noticed similar in the past. I'd change some characteristics of a character in the Character Maker, then find what I had changed had "reset" to the previous values (I think) after a time.
It didn't happen all the time and sometimes I noticed it after an autosave, but I was never able to pinpoint the cause.
I don't recall it happening recently - since a clean download and install of the latest BR. Sorry I can't be of more help. Just thought worth adding, as I found it frustrating and got to the point of wondering if I was imagining it.
Best of luck finding an answer.

heckinT

Jan 2, 2019
Making tattoos is a thing of Overlays - ad hoc I can offer a little guide a friend pnd me for making clothing overlays.
You have to make you familiar with a photo editor program like Photoshop or Gimp (Freeware).
View attachment 2047402
If the WordPad file doesn´t work I can try to insert the pn copy direct in a post.

Btw. you can find tattoo overlays on Illusion Discord
While this is certainly useful (I do already know about making overlays), it's not what I'm looking for. I use the in-game "Paint" feature to play around with tats to decide on placement, rotation, combination, etc. I am interested in making a few simple tattoo collections for use as a zipmod, as overlays are 100% static and cannot be moved or altered unless I edit and save the overlay file . Tat mods are more utilitarian and much more dynamic for design purposes. The overlay is just the means to the end result.

Nov 24, 2017

I figured out the issue.
After a clean install of the R10 version and testing the sliders everything worked. After adding the optional mods the issue started happening.

The issue stems from "[Prolo] Character Morpher" . After removing just this mod everything worked fine, adding it back in made the issue reoccur.

EridianX

Jul 24, 2018
So how the hell do i exit the tutorial shit? It keeps staying on screen and nothing i seem to do makes it go away so i can progress past the literal very beginning.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
So how the hell do i exit the tutorial shit? It keeps staying on screen and nothing i seem to do makes it go away so i can progress past the literal very beginning.
Stuck in tutorial - you´re not the first, but unfortunately I didn´t found a general reason/solution for this yet.

Best I know so far is: delete your save.dat so the game starts again from beginning and skip the tutorial.

Anyway read here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r7-illusion.53457/post-7585365 and the following discussion.

Last edited:

FlyingAnimals

Mar 11, 2022
Hello!
I have a problem that I can't find anything about, it's a problem in Neo studio 2 and it's also a problem that, if I load a map and after 3 characters I add a 4th one, Neo studio 2 crashes saying that there is no more gpu memory. It plays the same way with graphical mod and DHH. No, I don't think the video card performance can't handle it since I have an RTX 2060 superrem with 8GB of memory. All of that is in addition to 16gb of system memory. I also play Cyberpunk 2077 on ultra graphics so I don't understand how the memory can fill up just using Studio neo 2 with barely adding anything.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Hello!
I have a problem that I can't find anything about, it's a problem in Neo studio 2 and it's also a problem that, if I load a map and after 3 characters I add a 4th one, Neo studio 2 crashes saying that there is no more gpu memory. It plays the same way with graphical mod and DHH. No, I don't think the video card performance can't handle it since I have an RTX 2060 superrem with 8GB of memory. All of that is in addition to 16gb of system memory. I also play Cyberpunk 2077 on ultra graphics so I don't understand how the memory can fill up just using Studio neo 2 with barely adding anything.
There is something in the Studio Neo architecture that causes that. The bug is elusive, sometimes depends on what other programs you are running at the same time, and sometimes even depends on whether you loaded the scene right after a reboot or if you ran some programs already. This is kinda a well known issue.

You can check what your absolute maximum character count is by disabling all the mods first. You can go into KKManager, Mods tab, disable all.

Now, let's see if we can reproduce your crash - can you save your scene just before the crash then post it here together with the character that causes the crash once added? Because despite what I said above about the SN2's bug there might be something about your particular scene that makes it crash.

I also have a few scenes like this, from various creators, that make the SN2 crash when trying to load the scene, despite the scene having only ~3 charas.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
There is something in the Studio Neo architecture that causes that. The bug is elusive, sometimes depends on what other programs you are running at the same time, and sometimes even depends on whether you loaded the scene right after a reboot or if you ran some programs already. This is kinda a well known issue.

You can check what your absolute maximum character count is by disabling all the mods first. You can go into KKManager, Mods tab, disable all.

Now, let's see if we can reproduce your crash - can you save your scene just before the crash then post it here together with the character that causes the crash once added? Because despite what I said above about the SN2's bug there might be something about your particular scene that makes it crash.

I also have a few scenes like this, from various creators, that make the SN2 crash when trying to load the scene, despite the scene having only ~3 charas.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
well I'm glad I'm not the only one that has their studio crashed by this scene XD

Reactions: Sepheyer

nlnkkbm

Mar 10, 2019
I torrented BetterRepack R10 and cant get it to start modded. Im using initsetting. Everythings in japanese and the console doesnt show up when I have selected Active Console

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
I torrented BetterRepack R10 and cant get it to start modded. Im using initsetting. Everythings in japanese and the console doesnt show up when I have selected Active Console
Does the problem occur for both the HS2 game and Studio NEO or just one of them?
What happens? Nothing? White screen and no further? Would help to know a bit more.
One thought would be where you have located the programme. Try locating it as high as possible e.g. X:/HS2/ etc
Also try shortening the name of the directory. Mine is g:/STNHS2DXBR10/ G is my drive, STN for Screw This Noise, HS2DX obviously and BR is Better Repack and the number
Other tips suggest the shorter the directory path the better.

Hope this helps. If not a bit more information may help others more knowledgeable than me to help solve your problem.

Best of luck.

Reactions: turbojoe

RodimusPrime

Mar 7, 2020
I am having issues with the download of updating mods, I cant get it to go faster then 295KB at max no mater what I do, it just wont get past that. Has anyone else run into this issue and has anyone else come up with a solution to this, thanks.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I am having issues with the download of updating mods, I cant get it to go faster then 295KB at max no mater what I do, it just wont get past that. Has anyone else run into this issue and has anyone else come up with a solution to this, thanks.
Never mind, the "update" downloads are normally very slow - depending more on the sideloader server than the speed of your internet.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes