samparker

Oct 18, 2022
If you have BR R10 from ScrewThisNoise (torrent file from here ) the game should start English out of the box.
You unpack the 50GB .7z file (recommended with 7-ZIP) into a folder on top of a drive (recommended NOT C:/) and start via InitSetting.exe.
Should look like this, all in english
View attachment 2137391

Look if you have these folders/files in your BepInEx
View attachment 2137442
got it working, i had experimental mode unchecked. thanks a bunch dude!

Reactions: turbojoe

INeed2BModded

Jul 1, 2020
If one has ver R10, is there any reason to keep the older versions? The only reason I could think of keeping an older version is if the newer version either has more bugs (sometimes one "swats" a bug only to have two or more "emerge") or if there are certain mods that have been removed from the repack (for example, due to the mod creator not wanting their mod to be a part of it any longer). Is this the reason it seems as it seems as though there are more error messages about missing parts or "outdated" parts (ironically only after the update was done)? Then it would make sense to take the components of said removed mod and replace it although the mod owner wouldn't be too happy about that idea. I'm not sure how often, if ever, this happens so it's just speculation on my part. I also understand possible reasons why a certain mod owner would request a removal although unfortunate.

INeed2BModded

Jul 1, 2020
Oh, I also was wondering if there are any better character creators and sex simulators out there than HS 2? I know sometimes people knock it for not being a real "game" but, it does seem to fill a void of sex simulators out there that have so many positions and ways to control them. I know there are Patreon produced games like Wildlife and others trying to do this but, are a bit rougher around the edges. This being said, I can understand why people would knock if for not being a "real" game since, it doesn't even have what KK has. I think KK is great but, some prefer the more realistic style over the anime style although they are both great.

INeed2BModded

Jul 1, 2020
Questions about questions - I wonder I could answer all, but I´ll try and start:

1) Nope! I don´t think that these basic game mechanics will ever changed by Illusion. And the BetterRepack is only a modding platform and doesn´t affect the game itself. Maybe someday good Modders do the work adding new animations and story adds.
But you can try a look on the newest game Room Girl https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-room-girl-character-sharing.132181/ and also yet on BetterRepack

2) No clue what you mean, but an Autoplay mod I didn´t see so far

3) Don´t know - never used Cheats. But there is a chaeting mod, but no clue what it´s doing

4) no new Hanmen beyond that https://f95zone.to/threads/next-gen-skin-textures-v1-01-hanmen.91701/, but this isn´t forced the top, others prefer the skins of K1T0-K1TN or Nyaacho, all part of BetterRepack.

5.1) I know, you´re looking after something as "Batch Build" in Skyrims BodySlide. ;)
Nothing heard about and I´think impossible. Cuz the skin is saved on the card you ever have to overwrite it with a new save.

5.2) Well, HS2 IS NOT Skyrim! Otherwise see Item 1) "Room Girl".

6) I have a mod (Plugin) called "CumOn" that can control male cumming, but unfortunately didn´t store the link

Nevermind - :D it´s a helping thread
Thank you for replying to my post. Referring to the limitations that HS 2 has regarding how far it can be modded, and while it is not Skyrim, Room Girl makes HS 2 look like Skyrim in contrast. What I'm referring to is since Illusion decided to change things up regarding how the game interacts with the CPU and the GPU in a completely different way, it's unlikely for it to be modded much at all until the modders learn everything from scratch. At least according to this

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
is there any reason to keep the older versions?
personally i dont think its necessary to keep it if you only play the main game
but if you are more sided to the studio, i recommend keep the stuff neat by making a list of mods and plugin that doesnt included in the repack or just make a dedicated folder inside /Mods and /Plugins folder
and your userdata too
bcs some mods are very sensitive with the installing order like hooh's stuff
my current hooh's stuff is working as it should be, but in the KK Manager's eye, those stuff need to be updated
but if i do update it, it would mess up the order of installation which end up resulting a bug
i havent found any mod/plugin that sensitive, but thats my point

Reactions: Kaseijin

DocToska

Oct 18, 2018
I apologize if this isn't the right place to ask. I once had "Honey Select 2 Libido DX3.1" from Fitgirl and over the years I upgraded it to DX10 with the updates from BetterRepack and the KK updater. Worked pretty well - no issues.

Recently I had to reinstall HS2 due to a disk crash. So I chose the "[ScrewThisNoise] HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R10" version straight away. Unpacked the DX-R10, unzipped the optional Sideloader Modpack into the right place according to the instructions, ran IniSettings.exe and made the initial configuration as usual:

Fullscreen (1920x1080)
Experimental
Enable GraphicsMod

My problem: In my prior install of HS2 when I configure the graphics mod via F5 the settings for SSS and the presets had to be configured only once and lasted through all session changes until I exited and restarted HS2.

Now with the fresh install of the BetterRepack DX10? I'm in the player's room, use F5, tick SSS on, load my preset. Graphic looks fine. When I leave for the lobby the SSS is turned off and the preset is reset. So I need to hit F5 again and re-do it. Select a girl and a room, enter the room: SSS is *again* toogled back to off and the presets are reset. As I mostly use cards with Hanmen skin and shaders (paid for 'em) this is pretty annoying, as it leaves the girls skin way too dark unless SSS is enabled (and preferably stays on).

Like said: This setting used to "stick" in my prior install, now it doesn't. Is there any way to fix this and "make it stick" that I'm unaware of? Like editing a config file or something? Missing mod or mod-conflict? Thank you!

Reactions: Wanere

DocToska

Oct 18, 2018
Like said: This setting used to "stick" in my prior install, now it doesn't. Is there any way to fix this and "make it stick" that I'm unaware of? Like editing a config file or something? Missing mod or mod-conflict? Thank you!
SOLVED! Answering my own question for anyone else with the issue: What was needed was to install

Now my F5 menu's "Preset" tab has the option to save the chosen settings as default. The HS2Graphics that shipped with BetterRepack didn't have that.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
SOLVED! Answering my own question for anyone else with the issue: What was needed was to install

Now my F5 menu's "Preset" tab has the option to save the chosen settings as default. The HS2Graphics that shipped with BetterRepack didn't have that.
Thanks for sharing your solution with us.

Anyway it´s weird cuz I have my R10 running since release date (https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r10-illusion.53457/post-8636239) but never had this issue.
The files from your link are all located where they should.

Is it possible that this mod gone lost in newer R10 packages by a mistake?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mr-Fox

pixelfetisher

Jun 19, 2021
I've just downloaded the game and can't get past the help tutorial due to the arrow being unresponsive, is there a fix to this? thanks.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
If one has ver R10, is there any reason to keep the older versions? The only reason I could think of keeping an older version is if the newer version either has more bugs (sometimes one "swats" a bug only to have two or more "emerge") or if there are certain mods that have been removed from the repack (for example, due to the mod creator not wanting their mod to be a part of it any longer). Is this the reason it seems as it seems as though there are more error messages about missing parts or "outdated" parts (ironically only after the update was done)? Then it would make sense to take the components of said removed mod and replace it although the mod owner wouldn't be too happy about that idea. I'm not sure how often, if ever, this happens so it's just speculation on my part. I also understand possible reasons why a certain mod owner would request a removal although unfortunate.
This is what I´m doing always and always recommend to those who like it or not.
https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r10-illusion.53457/post-8636239

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Oh, I also was wondering if there are any better character creators and sex simulators out there than HS 2? I know sometimes people knock it for not being a real "game" but, it does seem to fill a void of sex simulators out there that have so many positions and ways to control them. I know there are Patreon produced games like Wildlife and others trying to do this but, are a bit rougher around the edges. This being said, I can understand why people would knock if for not being a "real" game since, it doesn't even have what KK has. I think KK is great but, some prefer the more realistic style over the anime style although they are both great.
That´s why I stick at HS2. With a little skill and experience you can create characters very near to real persons and there is a lot of mod stuff to use.
Sometimes I´m still surprised that the character creator in HS2 make it easier to create a beautiful woman than in Skyrims Bodyslide and Racemenu. And the physics is not so bad.

The other Illusion games are to anime like for my taste.
And Room Girl will take a while til all the mods are converted to the new Engine.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Thank you for replying to my post. Referring to the limitations that HS 2 has regarding how far it can be modded, and while it is not Skyrim, Room Girl makes HS 2 look like Skyrim in contrast. What I'm referring to is since Illusion decided to change things up regarding how the game interacts with the CPU and the GPU in a completely different way, it's unlikely for it to be modded much at all until the modders learn everything from scratch. At least according to this
Nevermind - I´m a fan of 2B and cuz you took her as Avatar you must be a good fellow :D

Last edited:

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
That´s why I stick at HS2. With a little skill and experience you can create characters very near to real persons and there is a lot of mod stuff to use.
Sometimes I´m still surprised that the character creator in HS2 make it easier to create a beautiful woman than in Skyrims Bodyslide and Racemenu. And the physics is not so bad.

The other Illusion games are to anime like for my taste.
And Room Girl will take a while til all the mods are converted to the new Engine.
I agree with the magnificent turbojoe. :) There are old games such as 3dSexVilla, it has a ton of modded characters and celebrities etc but it's old and dusty. Other alternatives are renpy games such as Holiday Island etc. There was a demo of a very realistic sex game that I tried out long ago but I can't remember the name. I'll see if I can sniff it out and post here if I find it. Oh and of course Virtual Mate.

samparker

Oct 18, 2022
sorry to be a bother again, i was just wondering if there were custom animations? kinda like skyrim or sims 4. if so where could i get them and a install guide would be greatly appreciated!

pixelfetisher

Jun 19, 2021
I don't understand why when i select a map it doesn't do anything, I've even reset my game and still nothing works, sleeping and calling a girl doesn't work either, is there any fix to this? thanks.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes