turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Hey, I'm new with this game and I'm a little confused about something, maybe someone can help me. I would like to have the all in one thing except everything concerning the studio for making content.

So if I understood correctly, from the torrent of the release 11 available on the better repack website, I only need the base game Honey Select 2 DX Better Repack R11 and I can ignore Sideloader Modpack Studio wich is related to making content with studio neo etc

View attachment 2149626

Now what I don't understand is how can I get those mod packages, I think they are named Sideloader Modpack etc, are those included in the archive of the repack ? Is there an all in one torrent ? I couldn't find it on BR website, I only found pages where you can download them 1 by 1 for people who whant to update specific mods, but what about people who start from scratch is there a torrent to download them all in one ? Thanks by advance, I'm a bit lost with this any help would be appreciated
You´re right, and all mods you need for the game are included in BetterRepck R11.

You will see the Sideloader folders after extracting the 7z.

By the way: if you have extra mods or will ever download from a patreon, which is not included in Sideloader packs, you have to store them in mods/MyMods - NEVER in a Sideloader folder. If there it will be deleted by Sideloader if you run "update"!

Artificier

Jun 18, 2017
You´re right, and all mods you need for the game are included in BetterRepck R11.

You will see the Sideloader folders after extracting the 7z.

By the way: if you have extra mods or will ever download from a patreon, which is not included in Sideloader packs, you have to store them in mods/MyMods - NEVER in a Sideloader folder. If there it will be deleted by Sideloader if you run "update"!
Thanks a lot for the answer and also for the advice !

Reactions: Mr-Fox and turbojoe

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
I want to do some scenes/animations, I saw that ai shoujo has better graphics, do you recommend using it to do the scenes? And since I don't have a good graphics card, I plan on using DHH anyway, so I have some presets here.
Im not sure about that.
HS2 and AI are kinda use the same architecture, so most of their mods, plugins, cards and scene are usable on both title.
Some says AI has more thing in the main game rather than HS2.
But I think it doesn't really matter if you are planning to use the studio.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
wait, when you say performance, do you mean any better FPS or just better loading times?
Sry, overlooked your question :oops:

My experience belongs to my old Desktop with only 4 GB DDR2 and the game on a HDD. FPS was playable (40-50), but the loading time was disastrous. Starting the game, open character groups, open Charmaker, start a H-Scene - always enough time to go for a beer or to toilet ;).
Then added a SATA SSD and installed the game on it the loading times excelerated significantly, nearly as fast as on my gaming laptop.
FPS increase less 10%.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Sry, overlooked your question :oops:

My experience belongs to my old Desktop with only 4 GB DDR2 and the game on a HDD. FPS was playable (40-50), but the loading time was disastrous. Starting the game, open character groups, open Charmaker, start a H-Scene - always enough time to go for a beer or to toilet ;).
Then added a SATA SSD and installed the game on it the loading times excelerated significantly, nearly as fast as on my gaming laptop.
FPS increase less 10%.
I see. I have the game and studio on an HDD myself (although modern, like 1 year old I think, almost the cheapest 1TB I could find).

It does take around 1 full minute to load a big scene (I'm talking about the scene you can find marked as a Map in the post that is linked to my sig if you want a quick look for scale - everything is an object and not actually part of a map) starting from the desktop.

Once it's loaded in everything sticks to around 30fps depending on the direction I'm looking in the map.

The scene by itself probably takes 20 seconds out of that minute to load.

For any normal scene that doesn't have hundreds (or thousands?) of objects in it, the load time is around 5 seconds though.

I think part of your issue was that DDR2 ram as well XD

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
народ у меня вопрос. как девушки задерживают шкалу усталости?
"people I have a question. How do girls delay the fatigue scale?" английский перевод (English Translation).

Please use google translator. This is an English speaking forum.
Пожалуйста, используйте переводчик Google. Это англоязычный форум.

Last edited:

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I think part of your issue was that DDR2 ram as well XD
That´s what I was thinking first, but what surprise after only moving the game from the (older) 1,5 TB HDD to an 1TB SATA SSD. Without changing any other hardware component suddenly the game was playable.

That was an interesting experience, but now History: I upgraded my old Potatoe with a new AM4 board, Ryzen 5600, 32 GB DDR4 and a 1TB M2 SSD onboard :p

Btw your map is loading within 2 seconds on my gaming laptop, there is the game on a 2TB SATA SSD.
I´m just not there where my "new" Desktop is.

Charona

Jan 14, 2020
народ у меня вопрос. как девушки задерживают шкалу усталости?
Do you mean how to make her orgasm take longer? Can't do it, It's not possible, at least I think so

cell943

Oct 14, 2017
Even after downloading and fully updating, I still get errors about missing or out of date mods--most notably it fails to load the NextGen skin. This is also true in AI Shoujo. I double checked that it's present in the mod folder, and I even individually downloaded the mods it said it was missing and overwrote the existing ones.
Can it really be called a "better" repack if so much of the stuff included in the pack fails and generates errors?

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
Do you mean how to make her orgasm take longer? Can't do it, It's not possible, at least I think so
Yes, with a trainer type mod or you could just take a break and fondling her tits between the humping... :D
It's called finesse... :p

Reactions: Charona

Faded2131

Oct 24, 2022
does anyonen else have an issue where some of the options just hgihlight instead of doing what they are supposed to like 'search for partner' and 'sleep'

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
That´s what I was thinking first, but what surprise after only moving the game from the (older) 1,5 TB HDD to an 1TB SATA SSD. Without changing any other hardware component suddenly the game was playable.

That was an interesting experience, but now History: I upgraded my old Potatoe with a new AM4 board, Ryzen 5600, 32 GB DDR4 and a 1TB M2 SSD onboard :p

Btw your map is loading within 2 seconds on my gaming laptop, there is the game on a 2TB SATA SSD.
I´m just not there where my "new" Desktop is.
yea yea the load times are 100% impacted by the storage, was thinking more about that <10% fps improvement you mentioned when I said part of it was the DDR2 memory

Zork234

Nov 26, 2019
i dont own the game on steam. does the download contains the full game plus mods ? i got the message "Failed to load mono" I dont know what does it mean.. :(

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Even after downloading and fully updating, I still get errors about missing or out of date mods--most notably it fails to load the NextGen skin. This is also true in AI Shoujo. I double checked that it's present in the mod folder, and I even individually downloaded the mods it said it was missing and overwrote the existing ones.
Can it really be called a "better" repack if so much of the stuff included in the pack fails and generates errors?
You should know that you get always this message if the version of the mod version saved on the character card is not the same as you have installed!
If you have your game fine updated, your version will usually be newer.

First solution is to activate this mod (mostly accessories or clothes) again in Charamaker and save the card.

Look this https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r10-illusion.53457/post-7886850

Reactions: Mr-Fox

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
i dont own the game on steam. does the download contains the full game plus mods ? i got the message "Failed to load mono" I dont know what does it mean.. :(
I´m not quite sure what you mean.
Failed to load Mono means that the Unity scripting framework isn't being loaded. So it seems your game installation is not correct.

If you downloaded the BetterRepack (now R11, ) there are all popular mods included.
Extract the .7z (one big via torrent, 16 splitted packs via Mega) into a gamefolder nearest top of a drive (e.g. D:/HONEYSELECT2) and run the game via InitSetting.exe.

Steam version (if I understood right you have NOT Steam) needs a special Modpack called SB3, not compatible with BetterRepack.

Reactions: Mr-Fox

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes