=Havoc=

Nov 25, 2022
so i downloaded the older version of tool mod ModdingTool-0.5.0.1 and this one shows in unity and consoles shows 0 errors. so now am pretty sure that its the mod ModdingTool-0.7.0 that is faulty, tho i may be wrong
1669643634393.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mr-Fox

=Havoc=

Nov 25, 2022
so somehow i made 0.7 modding tool show itself in unity, the only thing that i did differently is i changed the folder location of the modding tool and used 0.5 modding tool in a different "project". tho still having some errors that idk how to get rid off
1669652420746.png

=Havoc=

Nov 25, 2022
tho now i still dont have the option to initialize mode components thus cant creat a prefab if i understand that correctly
1669653007804.png

=Havoc=

Nov 25, 2022
now trying modding tool 0.6 and yeah this from the start, dowwnloaded multiple times from github and exctracted more times 1669657125725.png

=Havoc=

Nov 25, 2022
yeah 0.6 no hooh tools at all as did the 0.7 before i used 0.5. man i really wish am just stupid and the way to solve it is super ez but am just too of a noob to see it :( 1669658700837.png

=Havoc=

Nov 25, 2022
0.5 seems to be alright ngl already i see the moding tools even tho they are grayed out cuz i guess its just an example and 0 errors 1669659389530.png

INeed2BModded

Jul 1, 2020
It's funny how other times I went from an old version to a fresh copy of a better repack I never had these issues. I copied the /my mods folder as well as the userdata folder. Well, it doesn't seem like the mod settings for things like translating kanji into what I decided to name them is working any longer. I also recall Roy12 using the abadata folder with his character creations so, do I need to copy it over? I could have sworn that there was a detailed explanation of how to move from one build to another in part of page 1 of this thread. But, I'm probably imagining things.

INeed2BModded

Jul 1, 2020
Oh, and I'm all for new more accurate translations for things However, the new translations in 11 seem to have radically changed the personality, traits, and mentality from what was basically on this guide:

to completely different sometimes similar but, even then they are out of order so I can't just assume that they match by just based on their previous locations and names. Am I the only one having this issue?

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
trying to do some modding for hs2, wanted to start slow with accesories, but yeah, using Hooh Modding Tools v0.7.0. Any help wwould be great
All information regarding hooh mod tool seem to be old and in a big need of updating. FYI, you don't have to use hooh modtool or edit in unity. You can do what most modders do and use blender or maya or 3dmax etc. Blender is free so yay. It is not very beginner friendly though but no 3d editor is. I find that it is not the 3d editing that is difficult, that is the creative fun part. The difficult part is armatur and creating the zipmod and getting it to work. I'm in the same boat as you. I have yet to get something actually showing up ingame properly. I have several things 3d edited just waiting for the last pieces to fall in place, namely the zipmod stuff. My goal is to be able to port awesome content from DS, clothes and accessories and hair etc, potentially creating headmods and custom characters too.
A guide that is also old info but useful, that I look for when I try this stuff is the porting tutorial by Starlene.

=Havoc=

Nov 25, 2022
my issue is finaly solved, 0.5 works very well
All information regarding hooh mod tool seem to be old and in a big need of updating. FYI, you don't have to use hooh modtool or edit in unity. You can do what most modders do and use blender or maya or 3dmax etc. Blender is free so yay. It is not very beginner friendly though but no 3d editor is. I find that it is not the 3d editing that is difficult, that is the creative fun part. The difficult part is armatur and creating the zipmod and getting it to work. I'm in the same boat as you. I have yet to get something actually showing up ingame properly. I have several things 3d edited just waiting for the last pieces to fall in place, namely the zipmod stuff. My goal is to be able to port awesome content from DS, clothes and accessories and hair etc, potentially creating headmods and custom characters too.
A guide that is also old info but useful, that I look for when I try this stuff is the porting tutorial by Starlene.

oh yeah i have been using blender for like 10 years and yeah rigging will alwways be a pain untill AI is implemented to rigg for us, that may take sometime : /. but yeah my roadmap rn is to learn to mod, 0.5 seems working very well ngl : D wwas able to upload the test glasses into the game : D took 2 day to find the way, now trying to make my own accessory to get into the game ... correctly. After that my main goal is animating, ngl the HS2 is shit wwhen it comes to animating, but yeah i ll do that before exporting chars into blender to be animated. Dam now i feel stupid that i didnt start by that and skipp the whole modding part. But yeah i guess am going first for the loww hanging fruit, cuz as i said rigging is a pain. rn am like wut is more painfull ? rigging in blender or animating in hs2 studio ? XD the smart thing i guess would be to rig in blender but i want to see something done as soon as possible so doing this.

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
A little teaser or taste test.
Render made in Dazstudio. Honeyselect 2 figure with some clothes and hair that has been fitted. XL Tank Top Lollipop Hair.png

Next step. I ported the HS2 figure and created a "morph" sometimes also called blendshape for DS to make make it faster and easier to fit clothes and items.

HS2 Figure Cheerleader Bimbo.png
Ignore the stupid smug smirk. This is indeed HS2 figure in DS but I have played a bit with some other morphs that exist in DS while testing my HS2 figure morph. But to me this is the easy creative and fun part. The difficult part is actually getting it into HS2 in a zipmod. To create the HS2 figure morph I used wrap4d and "wrapped" genesis 8 around HS2 figure and then imported as a morph in DS. You also need to edit the armatur of genesis 8 to fit the new morph. Now I can simply put on a clothing item or hair etc and it will get fitted to HS2 figure. It is not perfect but it's a good starting point. I can then edit in blender etc to adjust it to perfection.

Reactions: =Havoc=

=Havoc=

Nov 25, 2022

tho solved the rigging part being a pain in blender long time ago, but yeah i guess rn i just want to do this, cuz chars rigged and alright animations and poses already ready to use

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
my issue is finaly solved, 0.5 works very well

oh yeah i have been using blender for like 10 years and yeah rigging will alwways be a pain untill AI is implemented to rigg for us, that may take sometime : /. but yeah my roadmap rn is to learn to mod, 0.5 seems working very well ngl : D wwas able to upload the test glasses into the game : D took 2 day to find the way, now trying to make my own accessory to get into the game ... correctly. After that my main goal is animating, ngl the HS2 is shit wwhen it comes to animating, but yeah i ll do that before exporting chars into blender to be animated. Dam now i feel stupid that i didnt start by that and skipp the whole modding part. But yeah i guess am going first for the loww hanging fruit, cuz as i said rigging is a pain. rn am like wut is more painfull ? rigging in blender or animating in hs2 studio ? XD the smart thing i guess would be to rig in blender but i want to see something done as soon as possible so doing this.
Blender is very superior in animation over neo studio as far as I have seen. Though I don't want to discourage you from creating awesome mods for HS2.;) :D

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
Oh forgot one thing. You might already be aware but HS2 is using a much much smaller scale than other games and software so you might run into scaling issues at some point doing this stuff. It is 0,1 percent compared to DS for example... So imorting anything to DS you need to put the scale to 10 000. lmao
Like wuut?.. Why?!.. It is almost like they believe it will keep the file size smaller. omfg Stupid Illusion :FacePalm:

Last edited:

=Havoc=

Nov 25, 2022
A little teaser or taste test.
Render made in Dazstudio. Honeyselect 2 figure with some clothes and hair that has been fitted. View attachment 2200599

Next step. I ported the HS2 figure and created a "morph" sometimes also called blendshape for DS to make make it faster and easier to fit clothes and items.

View attachment 2200603
Ignore the stupid smug smirk. This is indeed HS2 figure in DS but I have played a bit with some other morphs that exist in DS while testing my HS2 figure morph. But to me this is the easy creative and fun part. The difficult part is actually getting it into HS2 in a zipmod. To create the HS2 figure morph I used wrap4d and "wrapped" genesis 8 around HS2 figure and then imported as a morph in DS. You also need to edit the armatur of genesis 8 to fit the new morph. Now I can simply put on a clothing item or hair etc and it will get fitted to HS2 figure. It is not perfect but it's a good starting point. I can then edit in blender etc to adjust it to perfection.
nice, yeah i did use DAZ but feels very limiting compared to HS2 ngl tho i could be wrong, pretty new to HS2, but already saw almost an infinite amount of possibilities when it comes to creating chars and if you export it to blender to be rendered then i feel like its better than daz in that regard, daz has more accesories and animation i guess, but yeah working with shape keys when exported to blender is alright then model in blender to make the chars more diverse. idk tbh i guess everybody would say that daz is better than hs2, but from all the cards that i saw and downloaded and from my limited time using hs2 i d say for chars modeling hs2 is way better. i even found a card that looks exactly like my ex XD totaly freaked me out XD

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
nice, yeah i did use DAZ but feels very limiting compared to HS2 ngl tho i could be wrong, pretty new to HS2, but already saw almost an infinite amount of possibilities when it comes to creating chars and if you export it to blender to be rendered then i feel like its better than daz in that regard, daz has more accesories and animation i guess, but yeah working with shape keys when exported to blender is alright then model in blender to make the chars more diverse. idk tbh i guess everybody would say that daz is better than hs2, but from all the cards that i saw and downloaded and from my limited time using hs2 i d say for chars modeling hs2 is way better. i even found a card that looks exactly like my ex XD totaly freaked me out XD
Daz studio is very basic and not any good at all for animation it is mostly for renders and character/clothes creation. What it has over HS2 is way superior lighting thanks to iray. Daz Stuido is a complete mess the software itself and you are spending way too much time searching through menus to do one single thing. In this regard HS2 is way better. Also everything is tied into morphs, while HS2 you edit more directly if you know what I mean.

=Havoc=

Nov 25, 2022
but
Das studio is very basic and not any good at all for animation it is mostly for renders and character/clothes creation.
you can buy animation for daz, tho never tried it, i just exported feww chars to blender, then stoped trying to animate humans, now i just got fired up again wwhen i did go thru the whole rabit wwhole of anime chars being sexy XD

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
Yeah that' s another thing, everything in DS is pay walled. You have to buy this and that to do each thing and it's a complete jungle with content to sift through to both know what you need and then actually finding it. In HS2 it's all mods "dukt taped" to the vanilla game though, but more coherant.
I'm looking forward to see what you come up with, best of luck.

Reactions: =Havoc=
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes