PseudoLIC

Oct 13, 2020
If anyone wondering how different Graphics API in this game , I have tested with my HP Omen 15 (Ryzen 5 4600H with GTX 1660 Ti)

OpenGL/Vulkan = The Game instantly Crashes (Since the game is not cooked for Vulkan/OGL)
DirectX 11 FL 10.1 = FPS is fine (running around 100+FPS) but there is Missing Texture
DirectX 11 FL 11 = The game is designed in this API , It run normally around 100+FPS
DirectX 11 FL 11.1 = Its the Same as DirectX 11 Fl 11 , but if you enable "Wet" the water reflection is too shiny
DirectX 12 = Game run with Less FPS (Around 80+ FPS) but i got lower Temperature in the CPU (Since its using Multi Core now) Some of Texture is Missing and When you go to Female Room , its like 50/50 (Sometime Crash Sometime Not)
How to change directx?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kaseijin

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
Or you can just do what some of us who have been burned before do, wait and let others take the hit:p until the bugs have been straighten out and then upate the repack

Reactions: Velcrofly

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Like for example BetterRepack R12 or something came out I have to do exact same thing step again?
Damn then when this finish download a sequal come out this thing will finish in 2 year
Ahh.......I understand.
Don´t worry - Mr-Fox is sometimes a jester ;)
If you only have to do 1 upgrade step this maybe a practical option.

Cuz the release of last version is not so far ago (https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-9311357) I don´t expect a R12 within the next few months.

• Wow
Reactions: UncleSuS and Mr-Fox

Ryanmiaku

Jul 24, 2017
Well - I´m on the end of my wisdom.

Last question: do you have the BetterRepack (which version), from where did you download (splitted packs or torrent), or have you the Steam version?
I have the BetterRepack R11 and downloaded it from the torrent

Ryanmiaku

Jul 24, 2017
could it be an issue with a registry file or something to do with your local language settings on your pc? :unsure:
I remember in the old days that one would need to change this to Japanese and Japan in the pc settings in order to be able to play these japanese titles. It's probably not this, just some nostalgia.. But registry could be it.
I poked around in the registry and deleted the Illusion files and that didn't seem to do anything either unfortunately.

heckinT

Jan 2, 2019
Does anyone have access to this guy's patreon?

Apparently, its game changing, never used Gmod or any of the like but from what I can observe you can add collision to anything and everything and actual gravity and/or kinematic as well. Otherwise have to wait for the next VNGE update whenever that is, but am I jumping the gun by saying this changes the game?

Edit: I just checked the video again and that new plugin also has "trigger" and "action" which are not explained in the video but those do even more?

What you are witnessing is the run-time addition of Unity physics engine modules to objects in studioNEO.

RigidBody is the core part where the physics calculations apply.

Colliders are virtual surfaces that apply physics in one form or another, and can tell the software when a collusion is happening, on what surface, and how. (this is why a collider must be added to the rectangle, otherwise the sphere will just fall through it)

Triggers are like colliders in that rigidbodies that touch them can cause collusions and register the data, however, they do NOT act like surfaces (things pass through them). If part of a rigidbody or object passes into a trigger volume, it can use that information call code/events and determine exactly what it was that passed through.

Reactions: Mr-Fox

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Do you guys think it's worth it to update to BR11? I have BR10 right now and am having no issues.
From the changelog it seems to be not much different from BR10, and I already got my VNGE 40.x.
Are there any other reasons to get it? Pose packs? Outfits? Anything extra on top of BR10?

Also, the sideloader hasn't changed right? I'm assuming it's much the same judging by the size.

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Do you guys think it's worth it to update to BR11? I have BR10 right now and am having no issues.
From the changelog it seems to be not much different from BR10, and I already got my VNGE 40.x.
Are there any other reasons to get it? Pose packs? Outfits? Anything extra on top of BR10?

Also, the sideloader hasn't changed right? I'm assuming it's much the same judging by the size.
I did so as a clean install, keeping my BR10 as a backup. But I haven't noticed much difference, other than the changes to naming that I mentioned here https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/post-9592568
It may be that I'm missing something.

If you update incrementally you will eventually need to do BR10 -> BR11 so you can go further once BR12 etc are available.
If you do a clean install like me, it may be worth skipping a BR. I may have missed something but that's my thoughts. Happy to be proved wrong if others can confirm.

One point is I copy all my existing Mods, Cards, etc over from one BR to the next. So I may not notice the differences so much.

Reactions: Mr-Fox

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
I poked around in the registry and deleted the Illusion files and that didn't seem to do anything either unfortunately.
It sure is a strange one.The fact that it happened to a different game also makes me think that it has to do with something outside the actual game such as a windows setting etc. TJ often talks about install location can play a role in some cases. I have never seen that issue so I can't comment about it. It is worth a try though. He usually say to avoid the main disk and to make the install folder as high as possible in the file "tree", in other words don't put it inside a bunch of other folders.
Perhaps we need to go through each step to see if you missed something. TJ is much better at this stuff, because he's a bit more of a tidy person than me and reinstall much more often than me. I have actually not done it in a very long time.
Have you had the game installed and working before or was this your first time installing it? Make sure that your pc is updated including "drives" etc just to be safe. I'm thinking it perhaps could be as simple as needing to either update or
re install windows runtime or something like that. See if you have the latest graphics drives etc. The more we can exclude the better.

Last edited:

Ryanmiaku

Jul 24, 2017
It sure is a strange one.The fact that it happened to a different game also makes me think that it has to do with something outside the actual game such as a windows setting etc. TJ often talks about install location can play a role in some cases. I have never seen that issue so I can't comment about it. It is worth a try though. He usually say to avoid the main disk and to make the install folder as high as possible in the file "tree", in other words don't put it inside a bunch of other folders.
Perhaps we need to go through each step to see if you missed something. TJ is much better at this stuff, because he's a bit more of a tidy person than me and reinstall much more often than me. I have actually not done it in a very long time.
Have you had the game installed and working before or was this your first time installing it? Make sure that your pc is updated including "drives" etc just to be safe. I'm thinking it perhaps could be as simple as needing to either update or
re install windows runtime or something like that. See if you have the latest graphics drives etc. The more we can exclude the better.
I appreciate all the help, as far as I can tell everything is up to date on my computer. Graphics driver, windows, etc. I really have no idea what might be causing it and honestly I think I'll just cut my losses. Thanks again for the help, you're a saint but I just have spent longer then I'd care to try on this at this point.

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
I appreciate all the help, as far as I can tell everything is up to date on my computer. Graphics driver, windows, etc. I really have no idea what might be causing it and honestly I think I'll just cut my losses. Thanks again for the help, you're a saint but I just have spent longer then I'd care to try on this at this point.
One last thing:
Try in another machine xd

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes