turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I wiped my game drives just to clean them up. I re-installed the game, updated it, and it works (i'm missing some mods and hanmens next gen textures stuff) but otherwise, it's OK. Except for the maps. Even the default game maps do not show up. It just has a name of "new text". I've tried searching everywhere on this thread and forum for a fix but so far found nothing.

I can create/edit cards, clothing, overlays, etc. I just can't go into the game to play the scene since I can't choose a map

Any help would be great
I agree with the advise from harry_cox - I hope you already have the last BR R14.

For Hanmen stuff look here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r14-illusion.53457/post-8748321

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I had an install for R11 but then I ran the updates to bring it to r14. I'll download the R14 pack and try it out. Thanks Harry and Joe
You made the right decision - cuz R11 is a little outdated.
Mainly it belongs to the main mods like BepInEx, their update by Illusion made a new BetterRepack necessary. You can´t run newest mods with old main mods. And the main mods can´t be updated by Sideloader.

So far it´s said Illusion Games has closed I guess there would be no newer version of the main mods, for this reason I don´t expect any newer version of BetterRepack (R14 release is now 5 month ago). All the Sideloader mods can be updated by InitSetting/KK-Manager.

BubblesTheAllMighty

Sep 22, 2020
Anyone know how to get VR controls to work?
I can select characters and map, but nothing pops up for changing poses in the scene.

Using Meta Quest 2
Only headset I have owned so have no point of reference to what works or not.

novaporoid

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2022
StudioNEOV2 Question:
I have a lot of questions...:HideThePain:
If using GraphicsMod with Hanmen texture, how much ram will it take when rendering at 4K and simultaneously rendering with multiple characters? Is 32GB of ram enough, or should I go for 64GB? Additionally, do I need a good GPU?

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
StudioNEOV2 Question:
I have a lot of questions...:HideThePain:
If using GraphicsMod with Hanmen texture, how much ram will it take when rendering at 4K and simultaneously rendering with multiple characters? Is 32GB of ram enough, or should I go for 64GB? Additionally, do I need a good GPU?
It depends on the preset and the scene composition itself.
How many characters when you said multiple characters?
Im running Ryzen 5 7500F, 32gigs DDR5 RAM, 6800XT on 1440p with hanmen shader. The most I can go was 20 static characters before crashing when adding the character. Note that it's not even rendering. It crashed when I'm loading the 20th chara at the position I set beforehand.

In short :
I made 12 individual scenes with different characters with only 2 characters each scenes. Single male and single female characters.
All of the individual scenes has been configured their own location, rotation and FK IK poses.
So if I could import them all, I should have 24 characters in the scenes.
But the studio crashed when I was importing 10th scenes.
Fortunately I did it while having performance graph on my secondary display.
So I got to see that the RAM has been on 100% usage since 5th scenes/10 charas.

So yeah...
You're working on 3D software. So obviously you'll need good GPU and alot of RAM.
When taking rendered screenshot, the GPU usage will goes down quite alot but your RAM usage will skyrocket.
So just my opinion, do you need 64gigs of RAM? You do. But is it worth to invest that much just for this stufio software? I don't think so.

Also just something I found recently about taking rendered screenshot.
You can just play on something like 1080p, go to F1 menu, search for "screenshot" set the resolution higher than your actual display e.g. 4k. Your rendered screenshot will has same look as your viewport while having higher res than the viewport.
I found it when I was looking for a way to get vertical image without making the camera rotated close to 90deg and manually rotating it back afterwards.

novaporoid

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2022
It depends on the preset and the scene composition itself.
How many characters when you said multiple characters?
Im running Ryzen 5 7500F, 32gigs DDR5 RAM, 6800XT on 1440p with hanmen shader. The most I can go was 20 static characters before crashing when adding the character. Note that it's not even rendering. It crashed when I'm loading the 20th chara at the position I set beforehand.

In short :
I made 12 individual scenes with different characters with only 2 characters each scenes. Single male and single female characters.
All of the individual scenes has been configured their own location, rotation and FK IK poses.
So if I could import them all, I should have 24 characters in the scenes.
But the studio crashed when I was importing 10th scenes.
Fortunately I did it while having performance graph on my secondary display.
So I got to see that the RAM has been on 100% usage since 5th scenes/10 charas.

So yeah...
You're working on 3D software. So obviously you'll need good GPU and alot of RAM.
When taking rendered screenshot, the GPU usage will goes down quite alot but your RAM usage will skyrocket.
So just my opinion, do you need 64gigs of RAM? You do. But is it worth to invest that much just for this stufio software? I don't think so.

Also just something I found recently about taking rendered screenshot.
You can just play on something like 1080p, go to F1 menu, search for "screenshot" set the resolution higher than your actual display e.g. 4k. Your rendered screenshot will has same look as your viewport while having higher res than the viewport.
I found it when I was looking for a way to get vertical image without making the camera rotated close to 90deg and manually rotating it back afterwards.
Thank you that was very helpful.
When I mentioned multiple characters, I meant at least 5 characters.
The 20 characters limit with 32GB, it seems 32GB might be good enough.
However, the main issue is the GPU. It's expensive, and I would need to invest in a good cooling system.

I'm on a budget, so I'm considering buying a GTX 1630 OC 4GB.
Do you think that would be good enough as a starter?
My plan is to upgrade later on.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
However, the main issue is the GPU. It's expensive, and I would need to invest in a good cooling system.

1630 huh...
Before 6800XT I was using 3070Ti. And before that was 1060 6GB.
With 1060 6GB I could have 4 charas, but the whole fps will only stay at 25ish when I played the animation.
But it was 2 years ago.
So maybe 1660 class is better option. Just make sure you have appropriate preset.
1630 was born only to be a joke card. Same as 3050, but 1630 is worse.

Reactions: novaporoid

novaporoid

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2022
1630 huh...
Before 6800XT I was using 3070Ti. And before that was 1060 6GB.
With 1060 6GB I could have 4 charas, but the whole fps will only stay at 25ish when I played the animation.
But it was 2 years ago.
So maybe 1660 class is better option. Just make sure you have appropriate preset.
1630 was born only to be a joke card. Same as 3050, but 1630 is worse.
I see... I didn't know that.
I might just wait and save up for a good GPU.
Anyway, thank you for everything.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021

Only belonging the game (NOT Studio) I´m still happy with GTX1660 Ti in my gaming laptop and RX 570 in my desktop.
In my experience AMD cards seem to make easier with HS2.

novaporoid

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2022
Only belonging the game (NOT Studio) I´m still happy with GTX1660 Ti in my gaming laptop and RX 570 in my desktop.
In my experience AMD cards seem to make easier with HS2.

Last time, I accidentally clicked play and then my PC froze:LUL:

I might go for Nvidia... I want to play around with Blender.

Reactions: turbojoe

gargamel44

May 11, 2023
The optional sideloader modpack is only the mod or is it everything? Like I don't need to download the base

voronkov

Aug 27, 2018
Давно не спрашивал. Ссылка на описание того о чём спрашиваю ниже. Наткнулся я на это, вроде не новинка так что возможно уже кто то спрашивал и ответ есть.
Если не ошибаюсь то это отдельно от игры мод для редактирование лиц персонажей. Грузишь фото и получаешь параметры которые потом вводишь при редактирование уже в игре. Я прав или нет. Я даже скачать не смог. Если кто знает то подскажите как это работает и где помимо этого сайта можно скачать.

I haven't asked for a long time. The link to the description of what I'm asking about is below. I came across this, it doesn’t seem to be a new thing, so maybe someone has already asked and there is an answer.
If I'm not mistaken, this is a separate mod for editing character faces from the game. You upload a photo and receive parameters that you then enter when editing in the game. Am I right or wrong? I couldn't even download it. If anyone knows, tell me how it works and where besides this site I can download it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Давно не спрашивал. Ссылка на описание того о чём спрашиваю ниже. Наткнулся я на это, вроде не новинка так что возможно уже кто то спрашивал и ответ есть.
Если не ошибаюсь то это отдельно от игры мод для редактирование лиц персонажей. Грузишь фото и получаешь параметры которые потом вводишь при редактирование уже в игре. Я прав или нет. Я даже скачать не смог. Если кто знает то подскажите как это работает и где помимо этого сайта можно скачать.

I haven't asked for a long time. The link to the description of what I'm asking about is below. I came across this, it doesn’t seem to be a new thing, so maybe someone has already asked and there is an answer.
If I'm not mistaken, this is a separate mod for editing character faces from the game. You upload a photo and receive parameters that you then enter when editing in the game. Am I right or wrong? I couldn't even download it. If anyone knows, tell me how it works and where besides this site I can download it.

Hey man - how´s doing?

Unfortunatly you gave me a riddle I can´t solve.
I downloaded it but can´t find any executable file to run a program, and the chinese site is no help for me european.

Anyway I never heard about this since I´m on work here.

I know only programs in the opposite direction, making 3D renders on base of a HS character like Leonardo AI or DAZ 3D.

Reactions: Kaseijin

voronkov

Aug 27, 2018
Hey man - how´s doing?

Unfortunatly you gave me a riddle I can´t solve.
I downloaded it but can´t find any executable file to run a program, and the chinese site is no help for me european.

Anyway I never heard about this since I´m on work here.

I know only programs in the opposite direction, making 3D renders on base of a HS character like Leonardo AI or DAZ 3D.
Сам не пробовал, но нашёл видео как это выглядит в процессе редактирования. Выглядит как довольно рабочий вариант для более точного переноса внешности. Ссылка на видео ниже.

I haven’t tried it myself, but I found a video of what it looks like during the editing process. Looks like a fairly working option for a more accurate transfer of appearance. Video link below.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes