lifemare

Apr 16, 2020
output_log attached as requested
  1. Did you try selecting a different skin on the creator? Imported cards may require mods you're not running.
  2. You seem to be getting errors related to missing "hooh.pogskin" mod and overlays finding null textures. Did you disable that mod? Re-enable it in KKManager and test.
  3. You seem to have DHH and Graphics 0.3.3 enabled. That is a serious no-no. Try just one, or disable both.
  4. Hopefully it's one of those and not a memory issue on your setup.
  5. I'm assuming since you gave no info to the contrary you're running latest R2, installed fresh, reg-patched , updated and hotfixed.

Reactions: FoozieLoop

27X

Oct 30, 2019
Rockstar Games literally didn't care (and actively promoted) the GTA:V PC (single player) modding scene, but that didn't stop Take2 Interactive from filing a cease and desist against the group that was creating Open IV. They have since backtracked on that dumbass decision, but the point still stands; even if Illusion doesn't care, that doesn't mean Fakku (who are in charge of publishing the title outside of Japan) will have the same hands-off attitude.
Except Illusion self publishes on steam in seven markets.

27X

Oct 30, 2019
If Illusion did care, there wouldn't be literally hundreds of games that use Illusion assets as their visuals.

The game got too big to handle for free in one download.
You assuming the current admin of Illusion is the old admin of Illusion is just that.

FoozieLoop

Jun 1, 2020
  1. Did you try selecting a different skin on the creator? Imported cards may require mods you're not running.
  2. You seem to be getting errors related to missing "hooh.pogskin" mod and overlays finding null textures. Did you disable that mod? Re-enable it in KKManager and test.
  3. You seem to have DHH and Graphics 0.3.3 enabled. That is a serious no-no. Try just one, or disable both.
  4. Hopefully it's one of those and not a memory issue on your setup.
  5. I'm assuming since you gave no info to the contrary you're running latest R2, installed fresh, reg-patched , updated and hotfixed.
Hi lifemare, thanks a lot for taking a look at my issue.
Reminder...
This is regarding some of my characters showing up in the editor with a black bodies
I followed your suggestions above and they helped but I still have some issues and questions.
- Yes I am on latest repack 2. I haven't done any patching or hotfixing since I installed it.
- I know about DHH and have it enabled because I like the improved garphics, but where do I find the "Graphics 0.3.3"? I don't see it in the plugins.
- Took me a while to figure out what KKManager was and where it was located. Turns out I was missing the "hooh.pogskin" mod entirely (but I did have a bunch of other "hooh" mods though). Quick search on the internet for "hooh.pogskin" and that solved the black body issue on all except one character. But aside from the black body problem, I also have a few other cards where the characters' bodies have a pale skin, and no where I look I can't see where that was applied. I have attached a fresh output_log after I went into the game and into the editor with the remaining character with the black body, and then a character with the pale body. Also attached screenshot of the pale body issue
View attachment output_log.txt Screenshot (206).png

Edit:
I found Graphics 0.3.3 in the plugins in KKManager. I disabled it but it made no difference to character black/pale issue. Graphic quality looked the same as before I disabled the 0..3.3 plugin.

Last edited:

lifemare

Apr 16, 2020
- Yes I am on latest repack 2. I haven't done any patching or hotfixing since I installed it.
First thing you should do before running the game is apply the hotfix which solves a lot of R2 issues and run an update through the InitSettings (you can ignore updates to "Bleeding Edge", "Extra Maps", "Items for Studio" and "UserData", unless you're playing with Studio).
- Took me a while to figure out what KKManager was and where it was located. Turns out I was missing the "hooh.pogskin" mod entirely (but I did have a bunch of other "hooh" mods though). Quick search on the internet for "hooh.pogskin" and that solved the black body issue on all except one character. But aside from the black body problem, I also have a few other cards where the characters' bodies have a pale skin, and no where I look I can't see where that was applied. I have attached a fresh output_log after I went into the game and into the editor with the remaining character with the black body, and then a character with the pale body. Also attached screenshot of the pale body issue
Some of these things could've been easier for you if you'd read the FAQ in the OP. Problems with mods are quite easy to troubleshoot by yourself. Just run InitSetting and check run with console and you should see warnings in-game when mods fail to load. Then it's just a matter of running KKmanager and disabling the buggers.
Your output seems clean enough now. There's a bunch of errors that are common to R2 and an outdated UncensorSelector mod which you will get through the update.

Regarding the pale skin problem it could be a shader issue, a bad interaction with overlays (check that in creator), or graphical mods. Load your card up on the online tool (in the FAQ) and check which skin mods it's using and go from there. If it's a faulty skin mod, you'll just end up changing the skin type in creator, so might as well skip the trouble and do that straight away - plenty of good skins to choose from.
Edit:
I found Graphics 0.3.3 in the plugins in KKManager. I disabled it but it made no difference to character black/pale issue. Graphic quality looked the same as before I disabled the 0..3.3 plugin.
You shouldn't see any major differences. Graphics Mod and DHH are different approaches to the same end. For now DHH seems to be doing a better job.

The FAQ in the OP really needs an update, m4zy. Made quite a lot of changes to it:
  • Uploaded online manual
  • Fixed and added links
  • Added Minimum System Requirements info
  • Added troubleshooting for R2 issues with included Hotfix link (essential to a lot of player problems being posted)
  • Added answers about VR
  • Added help for mod conflicts and common graphical issues.

Last edited:

azagtoth56

Dec 19, 2018
Man, the graphics really like to crash my computer. I run a Ryzen 5 2600x, 16g ram, AMD RX 590. why does it crash after about 5 minutes of play?
I have tried everything I can think of to minimize the graphic faux paux. but nothing seems to work.
I think I will back burner this title till it gets better.

lifemare

Apr 16, 2020
i downloaded one from the comments, but i dont know if it was the correct one, i didnt find any in the OP
Tudo bom, coxinha?

Try this:
Installation:
  • Unzip to a root folder (don't nest the game inside a huge folder tree).
  • Run [BR] HoneySelect 2 Registry Fixer.bat.
  • Run InitSetting.exe and update base game (you can ignore Studio updates).
  • Choose your Resolution, "Activate DHH" (optional graphic improvements) and "Activate Console" for your first run.
I get a black screen when starting the game/H-scenes.
Apply SpockBauru Fixes and update the game through InitSetting.
If that doesn't solve it search the . This issue has been extensively discussed there. Possible causes:
  • Updated game from R1.x to R2 (Download R2 manually and do a fresh install).
  • Corrupt extraction due to special characters in filenames (check your game is in a simple properly named folder structure like C:\Illusion\HS2).
  • AMD cards conflict with Unity (delete "lib_burst_generated" files in \HoneySelect2_Data\Plugins).
  • Outdated Unity installation, DirectX, or graphics drivers.
  • Firewall or Anti-Virus block.

Check you have BepInEx correctly installed also. I've been seeing people with installations without winhttp.dll in the root folder. If you don't have that file, reinstall .

Kuurdean

Aug 11, 2018
When I play the R2 version of HS2, it has a black screen but the cursor of the game is normal. What can I do?

output_log.txt attached

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the message above mine, I will try it

Reactions: lifemare

Tiger-Hobbes

Mar 20, 2020
Reactions: edhorren
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes