dyingbreed86

May 16, 2020
I pretty much FK all my poses from scratch now, or use the ones in Studio>Gravure to get legs and hips roughly where I want them, then customise afterwards.
I've mostly gotten my head around the skeleton, but I'll sit there for ages doing the pose I want in a tall mirror next to my desk :ROFLMAO: Then fiddle with the FK nodes until I'm matching my own pose.
I definitely use some of the base poses/animation to get me started and use IK from there on, but I should give FK a real go, since it's really easy for poses to end up kinda awkward w/ IK.

It's kinda nice to know that I'm not the only one who acts out the pose lolol. Ive caught myself doing that a few times already, but it actually helps visualizing how the body is supposed to look like

Reactions: MrWrongtubes

MrWrongtubes

Apr 1, 2020
sorry to disturb , but i think i m missing something. during the update , i saw many new localizations for the game ( tiny house, appartment, warehouse, cafeteria ....). but i can t find any of them in the game . did i do something wrong ?
i apologize about my english skill levels :) i am just a french guy
Hey, just a French guy! Just an English guy here! lol

The extra maps aren't for the main game, sadly. But they do appear in Studio Neo as maps to create your own scenes. Many of them are either from previous Illusion games or made by the community modders :)

Reactions: namprofli3

epicbzh

Oct 10, 2017
Hey, just a French guy! Just an English guy here! lol

The extra maps aren't for the main game, sadly. But they do appear in Studio Neo as maps to create your own scenes. Many of them are either from previous Illusion games or made by the community modders :)
Thanks a lot for your quick answer ;) take care of you and have fun

MrWrongtubes

Apr 1, 2020
I definitely use some of the base poses/animation to get me started and use IK from there on, but I should give FK a real go, since it's really easy for poses to end up kinda awkward w/ IK.

It's kinda nice to know that I'm not the only one who acts out the pose lolol. Ive caught myself doing that a few times already, but it actually helps visualizing how the body is supposed to look like
Haha! You do it too? :ROFLMAO: That's awesome! (Phew, not just me!)

Doing the posing with your own body is VERY helpful for getting your model's hands to look natural and NOT like monster claws, too.

It's definitely what made using FK for hands a lot less scary for me!

Last edited:

MrWrongtubes

Apr 1, 2020
Thanks a lot for your quick answer ;) take care of you and have fun
You too, dude!

We're a helpful bunch here, so if you have any questions or problems, quickly check the FAQ on the first page or use the search function on the top-right.

If you can't find what you're looking for, there's usually someone lurking about who can help :)

Reactions: epicbzh

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Wait...I taught you something, alex2011?!? I usually read your posts and go "ohhhhhh....I'm a complete idiot for missing that!" :ROFLMAO:
I haven't messed around with the cheat tools much since I couldn't get it to lock onto a girl even after starting a scene, I'm used to how it worked in Koikatsu or AI Shoujo, where it immediately locks onto a girl when you interact at all (Koikatsu) or lists them all at all times (AI Shoujo). I didn't realize there was extra steps involved until you said it. Also, your design video, hope you don't mind but I downloaded it so I don't ave any issues referring to it even if my internet somehow goes down (Way too many run ins with my previous internet going down to trust it), has been a big help in getting my one character so far to stop looking asian, not that I have a problem with that, I just don't think an elf necessarily looks good in the default set up.

• Red Heart

dyingbreed86

May 16, 2020
Haha! You do it too? :ROFLMAO: That's awesome! (Phew, not just me!)

Doing the posing with your own body is VERY helpful for getting your model's hands to look natural and like monster claws, too.

It's definitely what made using FK for hands a lot less scary for me!
I'm not gonna lie, there have been a few times where I'm just like "dude, what the fuck are you doing?" ahaha.

I've been using FK for neck and hand adjustments and it's honestly a godsend for making shots look more natural. I'm not nearly as detail oriented as you are, but moving away from preset hand gestures really helps you get more immersive shots. I dunno about you, but sometimes bad preset hands sticks out like a sore thumb.

BNDFHJeje

Jul 15, 2018
Glad to help. sir! I totally admire the commitment you were putting in before I pointed you elsewhere. This will definitely save some minutes lol

I'm honestly still figuring a lot of things of out myself, but I'm a press-everything-until-fun-stuff-or-explosions-happen sort of gamer, so as I find stuff out, I tend to throw everything I find out into this thread :)

Whole bunch of tools - very little instructions :ROFLMAO:
Yup thanks. Getting much better renders now especially with a little extra added in Photoshop lol.
Vera.png

Lateralus1337

Oct 3, 2019
Sounds like mods were used on that card that aren't in your copy of the game, which is most likely due to not having been ported yet.
The hair was not modded, the clothes might have been, but they are available in R3. I have no idea why the are removed, maybe their ID got changed?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
The hair was not modded, the clothes might have been, but they are available in R3. I have no idea why the are removed, maybe their ID got changed?
It sounds like something where the game isn't reading it as it should, that's usually with mods, but maybe they screwed up an update...again.

Lateralus1337

Oct 3, 2019
Yes, typically with Illusion games, each character loaded means more RAM consumed. They rarely try to utilize dedicated RAM on GPUs or anything other than the machine's main RAM supply for that matter.
Is there any fix to clear unused RAM? So that I don't have to restart the game every couple of character edits?

It sounds like something where the game isn't reading it as it should, that's usually with mods, but maybe they screwed up an update...again.
Also, when I copy the card from the backup folder, it's loaded correclty, all details are as they should.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
how to uncensor?
It already is uncensored.

Is there any fix to clear unused RAM? So that I don't have to restart the game every couple of character edits?

Also, when I copy the card from the backup folder, it's loaded correclty, all details are as they should.
No, there really isn't a fix for the RAM usage issues except redesigning the code itself into a more efficient process. The backup card may be different under the hood, where one card's data is as it should be, the other's is in a way that can't be read.

vexx_

Dec 1, 2019
Are you placing mods manually or downloading them from Updater?

Any mods you add that aren't coming with STN's pack now go in MyMods folder, not the ROOT mods folder like they did before.

Minor change now, but will be huge in future updates, less confusion each time there's a new repack :)
I am using the mods from the repack. I haven't updated anything either.

On first extract it worked fine as is, until I put mods and plugins in place.

MrWrongtubes

Apr 1, 2020
Is there any good pack of additional poses/positions to use and a tutorial of how to ude them?
Not had a look at these myself, but this guy's seems like a pretty comprehensive selection of poses for you to start playing with. I'd recommend hunting down a pose-sorting mod (there's a few available from the same page) as there's over 420 poses he's collected and added to the mod.

To access them, make sure your model is selected, click Anim > Kinematics > Pose. Any poses you create using Kinematics > FK or IK can be saved there, too. So you can start building up your own collection once you get to grips with how the tools and posing work :)

As you can see from the screenshot, the vanilla interface is a little crappy, and if you're going to start loading it up using hundreds of poses, a mod to help to sort through them easier is recommended.
1593519036057.png
Have fun!

Last edited:

MrWrongtubes

Apr 1, 2020
I am using the mods from the repack. I haven't updated anything either.

On first extract it worked fine as is, until I put mods and plugins in place.
Hmm...let's take a look then.

Can you post a screenshot of the contents of your ROOT mods folder, please?

lifemare

Apr 16, 2020
Not had a look at these myself, but this guy's seems like a pretty comprehensive selection of poses for you to start playing with. I'd recommend hunting down a pose-sorting mod (there's a few available from the same page) as there's over 420 poses he's collected and added to the mod.

To access them, make sure your model is selected, click Anim > Kinematics > Pose. Any poses you create using Kinematics > FK or IK can be saved there, too. So you can start building up your own collection once you get to grips with how the tools and posing work :)

As you can see from the screenshot, the vanilla interface is a little crappy, and if you're going to start loading it up using hundreds of poses, a mod to help to sort through them easier is recommended.
View attachment 711701
Have fun!
That's a beautiful character, Mr.WrongTubes.

As a former tattoo artist, i always find the way they're rendered 90% of the time in every game i've tried is totally unrealistic.
Colors will only ever look that saturated, with deep blacks and bright highlights, on a piece of paper. Sharpness the same - they're never that crisp. Remember there's a layer of skin on top of them, that means a lot of blur and a lot of tonal overlay. Pale skin like that one can have almost perfect results, while on highly pigmented dark skin you'll barely even notice the ink.

I'd go with something more like this:
726072_1593519036057.png

If i had the actual tattoo layer to play with, i'd take it a bit further.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes