VN Ren'Py Honeymoon Island [v2.1] [TK8000]

4.10 star(s) 12 Votes

w123t4

May 26, 2019
The white word below mix with the background white sand just killing my eyes...:cautious:

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
The white word below mix with the background white sand just killing my eyes...:cautious:
If you're playing the android version, it doesn't have a text box (I need to fix that), so you need to go into the preferences and increase the outline of the fonts to make them more visible.

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
i'm hoping the same
Unfortunately, DAZ Studio doesn't have the right tools for animations, which is why it's so common to see games rendered using this program with such poor, robotic animations. It's not a lack of talent on the part of the authors, it's just that DAZ simply doesn't give them the features they need to make something more natural (it's common for characters move like creepy animatronics).

To give you an idea, Honey Select/Koikatu have more advanced tools for animations than DAZ Studio.

But there is a solution: create the animation in another program, export the result to DAZ and just render it there. You can do this with Blender. As far as I know, it's even possible to apply decent physics to breasts, buttocks, etc., and these subtleties are preserved when you export the final animation to DAZ. I don't know if I'm going to do it, though, it's going to take up a huge amount of my time which might be better used simply by adding content to my games. But it's something I'm already looking into.

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Unfortunately, DAZ Studio doesn't have the right tools for animations, which is why it's so common to see games rendered using this program with such poor, robotic animations. It's not a lack of talent on the part of the authors, it's just that DAZ simply doesn't give them the features they need to make something more natural (it's common for characters move like creepy animatronics).

To give you an idea, Honey Select/Koikatu have more advanced tools for animations than DAZ Studio.

But there is a solution: create the animation in another program, export the result to DAZ and just render it there. You can do this with Blender. As far as I know, it's even possible to apply decent physics to breasts, buttocks, etc., and these subtleties are preserved when you export the final animation to DAZ. I don't know if I'm going to do it, though, it's going to take up a huge amount of my time which might be better used simply by adding content to my games. But it's something I'm already looking into.
Instead of putting so much time into a few animations, I suggest adding more static renders and story, to keep putting out content more frequently. You can always go back after you finish the base game and add in some flourishes, if you have not moved onto another game.

Now, if you get enough support where you can have someone else doing the Blender stuff, while you do the static renders and coding, maybe then you could add animations as you go. That or do the old jerky "img1, img2, img1, img2, img1, img2" animations just to give a little sense of motion. It is not the greatest by any stretch but as I understand it is far easier to render two static images that you flip flop than spending two weeks making one 3 second Blender animation and rendering it into Daz.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
game from TK8000 is an insta download for me! Didn't knew there was an daz3d game going on

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I'm impressed.
I have story ideas that I want to make into a VN and I've bought a fast computer with fast graphics card and downloaded DAZ Studio and even purchased a few assets and all that turned out to be the easy part.
Actually using DAZ is beyond my patience level. I looked at AI but the uncanny valley is more than I want to put up with.
95 hours doesn't seem like a long time but I'm not the one that had to sit at the desk and do it. Good job!
DAZ Studio is a rather unpleasant program to use. The user interface is pretty bad and everything in it runs like crap and is slow as hell. But after a lot of suffering, you eventually get used to it and develop a certain fluidity to your work.

Of course, keeping the scope simple is the most important thing. I'm taking this seriously in this project, with few characters, few environments, few assets (my characters don't even need clothes in most scenes because of the theme), etc. This is helping me enormously not to feel suicidal when I use DAZ for several hours in a day.

Generally, what I do for each render is quite simple:

1. add the location where the scene will take place + an HDRI to serve as a dome that will create the scene's basic lighting (download hdris on HDRI Haven)
2. add the characters involved
3. add a camera and set it to 120mm (at first I was using several different lenses and this made the characters' faces change a lot because of the perspective, now I've decided to do almost everything at 120mm unless the scene requires me to change this)
4. load a pose from the library close to what I envision, then finish the pose manually using 'pose controls'
5. make the facial expressions from scratch using 'face controls' (this is important to try and avoid as much as possible the terrible DAZ Studio expressions that make the characters look like Chucky the Killer Doll)
6. I preview the render
7. go to the render settings and change the ISO so that the scene is close to what I expect, even without any lighting (especially the camera headlamp, always turn it off otherwise all your renders will look very amateurish)
8. I add 'ghost light' planes, usually using the basic rule of three points (one close to the camera, one more to the side, one behind), and I keep changing the luminance of each plane and its dimenions until I have an acceptable image.

That's pretty much it.

Instead of putting so much time into a few animations, I suggest adding more static renders and story, to keep putting out content more frequently. You can always go back after you finish the base game and add in some flourishes, if you have not moved onto another game.

Now, if you get enough support where you can have someone else doing the Blender stuff, while you do the static renders and coding, maybe then you could add animations as you go. That or do the old jerky "img1, img2, img1, img2, img1, img2" animations just to give a little sense of motion. It is not the greatest by any stretch but as I understand it is far easier to render two static images that you flip flop than spending two weeks making one 3 second Blender animation and rendering it into Daz.
Yes, your suggestion is what I consider to be the most recommendable for this project. I'm looking for something simple whose new update of 10 chapters can be done in 1 month. In fact, the last update only took a month and a half to complete because of my inexperience with DAZ Studio which caused some avoidable problems.

I hope people will understand that it's a simple, unpretentious VN and therefore tolerate the lack of animations (in fact, one guy has already reviewed the game with 1 star and criticized the animations, but that's inevitable, I guess). But who knows, as you said, maybe an opportunity will arise for me to create animations without having to devote so much time to them...

Overall, I'm pleased with the result, and I'd say that for a 1-month update, chapters 11 to 20 have a totally acceptable level of eroticism, even if it's all very basic, with the alternating 2 images thing. However, for the penetration scenes, having two alternating images is pretty awful, so I'm going to have to try to generate the sexual tension with still images and a good description of the scene and the characters' lines.

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
DAZ Studio is a rather unpleasant program to use. The user interface is pretty bad and everything in it runs like crap and is slow as hell. But after a lot of suffering, you eventually get used to it and develop a certain fluidity to your work.

Of course, keeping the scope simple is the most important thing. I'm taking this seriously in this project, with few characters, few environments, few assets (my characters don't even need clothes in most scenes because of the theme), etc. This is helping me enormously not to feel suicidal when I use DAZ for several hours in a day.

Generally, what I do for each render is quite simple:

1. add the location where the scene will take place + an HDRI to serve as a dome that will create the scene's basic lighting (download hdris on HDRI Haven)
2. add the characters involved
3. add a camera and set it to 120mm (at first I was using several different lenses and this made the characters' faces change a lot because of the perspective, now I've decided to do almost everything at 120mm unless the scene requires me to change this)
4. load a pose from the library close to what I envision, then finish the pose manually using 'pose controls'
5. make the facial expressions from scratch using 'face controls' (this is important to try and avoid as much as possible the terrible DAZ Studio expressions that make the characters look like Chucky the Killer Doll)
6. I preview the render
7. go to the render settings and change the ISO so that the scene is close to what I expect, even without any lighting (especially the camera headlamp, always turn it off otherwise all your renders will look very amateurish)
8. I add 'ghost light' planes, usually using the basic rule of three points (one close to the camera, one more to the side, one behind), and I keep changing the luminance of each plane and its dimenions until I have an acceptable image.

That's pretty much it.

Yes, your suggestion is what I consider to be the most recommendable for this project. I'm looking for something simple whose new update of 10 chapters can be done in 1 month. In fact, the last update only took a month and a half to complete because of my inexperience with DAZ Studio which caused some avoidable problems.

I hope people will understand that it's a simple, unpretentious VN and therefore tolerate the lack of animations (in fact, one guy has already reviewed the game with 1 star and criticized the animations, but that's inevitable, I guess). But who knows, as you said, maybe an opportunity will arise for me to create animations without having to devote so much time to them...

Overall, I'm pleased with the result, and I'd say that for a 1-month update, chapters 11 to 20 have a totally acceptable level of eroticism, even if it's all very basic, with the alternating 2 images thing. However, for the penetration scenes, having two alternating images is pretty awful, so I'm going to have to try to generate the sexual tension with still images and a good description of the scene and the characters' lines.
Everything said about animations is true, just try to also avoid the extreme opposite, which is to make 170 static images for one sex scene. We don't need that much unless it's a giant orgy. Everybody will prefer 3 scenes with 30-60 static images each rather than just one with 150 images. Just saying in general, because I have no complaints with the flow of sex scenes in (to me) your best game : Solvalley.

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
Honeymoon Island is very good and erotic! I hope it is not abandoned, because it has a lot of potential:

- Keeping the main couple as the focus of the game can lead to faster updates.
- If the story finds a way to keep the couple on the island, the game could explore a lot of situations where the girl could tease the guy until he engages in all sorts of sexual practice with her.
- It would be great if all sex scenes were avoidable, so the player would not be forced to play a scene he doesn't enjoy, for instance: (threesome, anal, rape, NTR, lesbian, BDSM, whatever). Mandatory sex scenes are a big turn-off, and a immersion killer.
- It would be really awesome if the game followed one path or another according to the player's choices, something like this: If the player chooses to touch her pussy more times than he chooses to touch her ass, she will tease him using her pussy, and the game will focus on vaginal sex. If the player chooses to touch her ass more times than he chooses to touch her pussy, she will tease him using her butt, and the game will focus on anal sex. If the player chooses blowjob more times than he chooses a handjob, or anal sex or vaginal sex, she will offer him a blowjob, when she wants to start a sexual encounter.

If devs are short on ideas about what naughty things I couple can do on a desert island, ask me and I will come up with a bunch of hot situations!

Keep up this great work!

Reactions: Kakasan

Poolmax007

Jun 21, 2019
It would have been a great scene if mc's dick accidentally rubs with Ellen's pussy and they can't do much because aunt Angela is near Screenshot_20240528_111504_Honeymoon Island.jpg

Poolmax007

Jun 21, 2019
The update is more jucy and exciting than i imagined, it's almost too good. I was playing and thinking to never end, i was savouring every cg & scenes carefully that it took me this much time to finish it. I actually downloaded it on the very first day. Thank you tk8000 for creating this masterpiece & i would like to see more teasing, rubbing in the future updates. Oh! and the multiple ending or path scene makes it more interesting Screenshot_20240528_113732_Honeymoon Island.jpg Screenshot_20240528_113759_Honeymoon Island.jpg

Reactions: 2scoops

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
Not sure if TK8000 monitors this thread but if so, please be careful with the incest language. There are several times in the new update where the words 'sister' or 'brother' appear, clearly referring to the main characters.

I'm really enjoying this game, so would hate for you to have your Patreon account suspended over a few oversights.

Reactions: Poolmax007
4.10 star(s) 12 Votes