VN Ren'Py Honeymoon Island [v2.1] [TK8000]

4.10 star(s) 12 Votes

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Not sure if TK8000 monitors this thread but if so, please be careful with the incest language. There are several times in the new update where the words 'sister' or 'brother' appear, clearly referring to the main characters.

I'm really enjoying this game, so would hate for you to have your Patreon account suspended over a few oversights.
I've noticed this problem on three occasions, and I've fixed it. But I haven't updated the download links yet...

Reactions: BartPS and JJ1960

Family Fun

Nov 9, 2020
DAZ Studio is a rather unpleasant program to use. The user interface is pretty bad and everything in it runs like crap and is slow as hell. But after a lot of suffering, you eventually get used to it and develop a certain fluidity to your work.

Of course, keeping the scope simple is the most important thing. I'm taking this seriously in this project, with few characters, few environments, few assets (my characters don't even need clothes in most scenes because of the theme), etc. This is helping me enormously not to feel suicidal when I use DAZ for several hours in a day.

Generally, what I do for each render is quite simple:

1. add the location where the scene will take place + an HDRI to serve as a dome that will create the scene's basic lighting (download hdris on HDRI Haven)
2. add the characters involved
3. add a camera and set it to 120mm (at first I was using several different lenses and this made the characters' faces change a lot because of the perspective, now I've decided to do almost everything at 120mm unless the scene requires me to change this)
4. load a pose from the library close to what I envision, then finish the pose manually using 'pose controls'
5. make the facial expressions from scratch using 'face controls' (this is important to try and avoid as much as possible the terrible DAZ Studio expressions that make the characters look like Chucky the Killer Doll)
6. I preview the render
7. go to the render settings and change the ISO so that the scene is close to what I expect, even without any lighting (especially the camera headlamp, always turn it off otherwise all your renders will look very amateurish)
8. I add 'ghost light' planes, usually using the basic rule of three points (one close to the camera, one more to the side, one behind), and I keep changing the luminance of each plane and its dimenions until I have an acceptable image.

That's pretty much it.
Thank you, this was really helpful. Lighting has been my biggest challenge. I'll try points one and eight.

shynos

Jul 21, 2021
hello guys: I love this game, and I'm very happy that an update is coming out again... but I can't play this second part, I've tried in several ways and I even started playing from scratch, could someone post a save from the beginning of this second part and so I can move on, or it tells me what I should do to continue.... thank you all very much...

hola chicos: me encanta este juego, y me alegro mucho que vuelva a salir una actualización... pero no puedo jugar esta segunda parte lo he intentado de varias formas e incluso empecé desde cero a jugar ,, alguien podria postear una salva del principio de esta segunda parte y así yo poder seguir adelante, o me dice que debo hacer para continuar.... muchas gracias a todos..

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
I really liked the game, I especially liked it because it's simple, I would even prefer it if it was just the two of them, without adding more characters or harem, it wouldn't be bad, but I liked the couple.

A small problem I noticed is that even without me defining the couple as siblings, the game often considers them that way, even though the dialogue respects what I defined at the beginning, which was Uncle/Niece.

I played this game when it appeared here months ago, I'm not sure if Uncle/Niece was my idea, I don't remember exactly, but I thought Angela was the protagonist's sister and Ellen's aunt, and not the protagonist's aunt, they seem to have the same age.

Anyway, I really liked the game!

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
I really liked the game, I especially liked it because it's simple, I would even prefer it if it was just the two of them, without adding more characters or harem, it wouldn't be bad, but I liked the couple.

A small problem I noticed is that even without me defining the couple as siblings, the game often considers them that way, even though the dialogue respects what I defined at the beginning, which was Uncle/Niece.

I played this game when it appeared here months ago, I'm not sure if Uncle/Niece was my idea, I don't remember exactly, but I thought Angela was the protagonist's sister and Ellen's aunt, and not the protagonist's aunt, they seem to have the same age.

Anyway, I really liked the game!
I've noticed this problem on three occasions, and I've fixed it. But I haven't updated the download links yet...

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Some of my patrons are also asking me about animations, so I think I'm going to have to take this idea more seriously.

To be honest, I've never played many games made in DAZ, so I don't know exactly the standard of quality that people are used to, but apparently animations are a reality that players have come to expect as standard in VNs...

I downloaded a program called Cascadeur, which has an apparently good integration with DAZ, and allows you to create animations based on key frames, which is what I do in my other games. I'm going to take some time each day to familiarize myself with this program, try to make simple animations with a basic model and move on to DAZ. If I'm successful, I'll experiment with the idea of rendering animations at lower resolutions, because my RTX3090 alone won't be able to render entire fullHD animations without exploding, and then try solutions to either upscale the animation, or even present them in a stylized way in the game so that they don't take up the entire screen or something.

Anyway, I'm going to take it more seriously. And come to think of it, if I can reproduce the best animations I do in Honey Select/Koikatu in DAZ Studio, that would generate more interest for the game, I think, so it makes sense to at least try.

shynos

Jul 21, 2021
hello guys: I love this game, and I'm very happy that an update is coming out again... but I can't play this second part, I've tried in several ways and I even started playing from scratch, could someone post a save from the beginning of this second part and so I can move on, or it tells me what I should do to continue.... thank you all very much...

Help please!!!!!!

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020

Help please!!!!!!
Save from scratch coming up

shadowskill11

Oct 23, 2017
IS the MC supposed to be Dr. Disrespect? The gaming youtuber who played PUBG and live streamed children peeing at a convention?

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
I like the look of the MC. Like a guy straight out of the late 60s early 70s. around the sexual revolution you know?. At the same time, he is more prudish than his young “friend”. I like this contrast. It gives a special atmosphere.

SilentType

Sep 8, 2023
This is a cool game, a lot slower paced than the ones before. I think my only complaint is that the younger girl's model is really quite well designed, realistic, and a nice girl next door vibe (The only nitpick might be that the hair can look a little like a wig). But the aunts model is just a bit of a charicature, looks like it might come from someone trying to make an anime model in 3d. It's a bit of a stylistic clash for me.

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
More on animations: I started using Cascadeur yesterday and was amazed at how quickly I learned the basics of the program. I think I'm good at learning things fast, but then I'm terrible at perfecting techniques. So I'm always stuck with something mediocre, but at least it's something mediocre that gets done quickly. :LOL:

Anyway, I've already learned the basics of making animation cycles which is all I need to animate basic things like the girl masturbating the guy, or even the loops of the sex scenes, but now I have another problem: exporting the animations.

I need to pay $100 for the whole program to be able to export them, and I have no idea if the result will be acceptable in DAZ, so it's going to be a bit of a blind investment. Before that, I'll keep practicing every day for a few more weeks until I feel confident that I can do something at least on the level of the best animations in my other games, in which case I'll pay the guys $100 and try to do the final step.

IS the MC supposed to be Dr. Disrespect? The gaming youtuber who played PUBG and live streamed children peeing at a convention?
No. I didn't even know this guy before people talked about the resemblance.

I basically decided to make a protagonist with sunglasses and facial hair because I wanted to hide his face as much as possible and focus on the girl. Before, I tried a full beard, but he ended up looking a lot older than I planned (20), but it's not as if the unfashionable moustache helped much either, he still looks like he's about 30 instead of 20...

4.10 star(s) 12 Votes