2.70 star(s) 15 Votes

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
[BUG] Movement keys stopped working after seeing the nurse (slime defeat+'silence' option).
[BUG] If you choose not to go to the financial office right away then the job board is not enabled (and going to the finance office later doesn't seem to help?)

There aren't that many 'e's in 'semester'. Lol.
It would be cool if you could press <shift> while 'cutscenes' are playing to speed up walking etc.
People that stand around and don't even say "Hi" when you talk to them aren't cool.
Being able to take your clothes off and wander around naked is a neat feature, but people don't respond differently when you talk to them. You should probably have some corruption point system before you can go public naked as well.
You can walk underneath the plants on the left of the gardening club.
The boy in the boy's dorm toilets doesn't react to a girl walking in on him.
One of the kitchen imps turns to a slime when you talk to him.

Last edited:

el8

Jul 16, 2017
Not really interested in this game as female protag games aren't my thing, however I would like to point out that I personally wouldn't mind the art. It does need some improvement, but the preggo girl in one of the pics looks pretty good and I'd pick art like that over any shitty 3D model crap where they just take honey select models. 2D>3D anytime

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
Gave it a shot, same comment as everyone else: very rough and still needs a lot of work. For art, take your time improving it, because unless you're willing to make custom 3d models, people will appreciate ok 2d more than recycled 3d assets (some people mentioned 3d, putting my 2 cents in). That being said, I think you do have a decent foundation here, gonna keep watching as this develops.

Frurose

Nov 7, 2017
[BUG] Movement keys stopped working after seeing the nurse (slime defeat+'silence' option).

It would be cool if you could press <shift> while 'cutscenes' are playing to speed up walking etc.
[workaround] For the nurse, if you are facing right (before the slimes win), you should be ok. All other directions are broken.

Try the space bar during the walking cut scenes, instead of shift.

@hgameartman
[BUG] In the lower dungeon levels, fighting the neko guys, I kept getting an error about a range check. I actually had to remain at a close distance to fight them once they were activated in order to avoid this bug (and the slimes too once this bug started). I was not able to complete this dungeon for this reason (trust me, I tried) and it ended my play-through for this version.

*As for the art, I'll admit it is a bit rough, but I like it. If it doesn't get changed, I'll still enjoy the game-play and artwork. I would suggest that you do a bug fix next before the next build. I think it would help us to better test out what you have.
*Could you please enable regular saving with the esc menu. I had to use the debug item to save many times in order to play enough to get to the point of the butterfly leading me to the dungeon (where I found the range bug). Once a day saving is fine for a game without game breaking bugs, but even without bugs, it is nice to save before H scenes or trying stuff to see if there is H stuff there.
*In learning the game, I messed up my grades in the first semester and tried to take them over, as implied by the dialogs; however, even though the game let me take them over, I could not attend the classes. I ended up re-starting the game to get to a proper 2nd semester. Please either fix this or remove the option to re-take a class.
*I could only eat breakfast one time (bug?). Please add in daily eating as a way to re-gain a few points health (maybe 1/3).
*200 coins to remove the parasites, I'm going to need a second job because they will be in there often. I'm not sure what your goals for the game are, but with {female protag},{pregnancy},{monsters}, I know what my goals are. :sneaky::devilish:

Overall, a great early release and a huge potential. Thank you and I'll be waiting for more.(y)

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Ack, the errors strike again! The range one, in particular, was one I thought I had stamped out... It cropped up before with the slimes in the dungeon, and I honestly couldn't tell what's causing it, although it seemed to be something to do with their pathfinding last time. Something might have broken with classes when I refactored the classroom code too...

Regular saving is tricky. RPGmaker HATES the pathfinding that all the walking students do around the castle, and will absolutely say it saved just fine, only to brick the entire save file when you try to reload it. That's pretty much the only reason it's limited to saving only in the room right now, although I'm sure I could add save points into a few other areas without those issues.

I'll release a bugfix patch as soon as I can, I already have some good progress on many of the previous issues posted (job board error, QOL issues with walking to classes, artifacts class showing wrong room, etc)

Frurose

Nov 7, 2017
Regular saving is tricky. RPGmaker HATES the pathfinding that all the walking students do around the castle, and will absolutely say it saved just fine, only to brick the entire save file when you try to reload it. That's pretty much the only reason it's limited to saving only in the room right now, although I'm sure I could add save points into a few other areas without those issues.
The extra save points sound good to me (maybe on the Job boards and dungeon gems ?), I can still use the debug thing for the dungeon testing (for now).

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
[BUG] I went back to the slime tunnels and killed the big slime. When I try to leave that area I'm told there are "still enemies on the map" (there aren't). You can leave if you go left a little before going down to the edge of the screen.
[BUG] I got stuck on a black screen one time while 'spending time' with Anya. On day 14 in the afternoon, I think.
BTW, You can use DEBUGTOOL to add ANYA to the party, but I don't see any way to remove her.

Last edited:

Frurose

Nov 7, 2017
[BUG] I went back to the slime tunnels and killed the big slime. When I try to leave that area I'm told there are "still enemies on the map" (there aren't). You can leave if you go left a little before going down to the edge of the screen.
I also don't seem to be able to use the health potion?
[BUG] I got stuck on a black screen one time while 'spending time' with Anya. On day 14 in the afternoon, I think. (Maybe because I had used DEBUGTOOL to add her to the party earlier? You can use DEBUGTOOL to add her, but I don't see any way to remove her from the party.
I had a blackscreen bug with her too and reloaded and avoided that by studying instead. I forgot to see what day / time it was. (never added her with the debug tool)

Valmorgren

Dec 17, 2017
I couldn't find a wand for the first assignment in Neutral Magic. Is there a specific place? I explored into the unfinished areas of the school maybe I missed it?

As to the art; keep practicing and it'll get better. hgameartman If you'd like any art pointers or guidance I might be able to help. Once upon a time I was an art teacher and in game development.

Sep 28, 2018
I dont know if its broken or there is a lack of content but I am on my
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I was only allowed to go in the
So I dont know whats happening. Can someone shoot me in the right direction or at least provide a walkthrough if they would be so kind?

Frurose

Nov 7, 2017
I couldn't find a wand for the first assignment in Neutral Magic. Is there a specific place? I explored into the unfinished areas of the school maybe I missed it?
I am stuck in the second semester with a similar problem and I don't know if it is the end of content or if I am missing something.

Reactions: Valmorgren

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019

There will probably be more bugfix updates between this release and the next major update, for some of those current bugs. I just realized that they were going to take a longer amount of time to fix and wanted to get some of the easier patches in, along with a few small goodies.

Saves should hopefully be transferable, but make sure to make backups just incase!

Download Links
WIN: - - -
MAC(EXPERIMENTAL) - - - -

* I don't have a mac pc, so I can't really debug/test the mac release at all, but RPGmaker had a distribution option for it so I gave it a try, just no promises it will work.

Last edited:

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Newest update's finally done!

A few things first. Corruption is somewhat less reliable to train than purity. You need 20 corruption to unlock all the scenes in this build, and you lose corruption when you gain purity, so ignoring the church's (admittedly more gameplay-focused) options in favor of the tavern and imps in the kitchen minigame is a good choice to avoid having to double back on content. Or you can just use the debug tool if you're impatient.

This will be fixed in the next build, as there are more reliable ways to gain corruption planned for the next update.

Download Links
WIN: - -
MAC(EXPERIMENTAL) - - -

Last edited:

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Gah, forgot to put that in the changelog! Unfortunately, this update requires you to start a new game. I tried my hardest to make sure it wouldn't but I added several equipment slots in preparation for an equipment overhaul, and it breaks savegame compatibility, unfortunately.

It's the only update that's ever caused this in the 4+ months I've spent developing the game, so with any luck there won't be any future issues after this update. Even adding new classes and such have no issues thanks to an updater event that runs on entry to the dorms and auto-updates everything.

2.70 star(s) 15 Votes