2.70 star(s) 15 Votes

SakaiY

Sep 24, 2018
The imps don't seem to do anything in v2.1 during the kitchen minigame regardless of time of day.
The imp kitchen minigame has three difficulties that slowly unlock as you do it more. The imps only become active in difficulty 2 and 3

Brig

Aug 7, 2018
I'll give it a look tonight and write my thoughts tomorrow.
I'm not going to sugarcoat this: This game needs work.
For example people and objects often clip right through each other, the melee button seems to do no damage, it takes while for anything to happen and of course that isn't helped by how cutscenes has you left waiting for the heroine to walk to every direction as you hold down the "Enter," key in order speed things up.

However, it would be dishonest of me to leave things at that. The school setting works and the problems I mentioned are just in need of Quality of Life fixes that would instantly improve the game in a noticeable way. Overall this is an incomplete game that if handled well might become something worth your time.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
I'm not going to sugarcoat this: This game needs work.
For example people and objects often clip right through each other, the melee button seems to do no damage, it takes while for anything to happen and of course that isn't helped by how cutscenes has you left waiting for the heroine to walk to every direction as you hold down the "Enter," key in order speed things up.

However, it would be dishonest of me to leave things at that. The school setting works and the problems I mentioned are just in need of Quality of Life fixes that would instantly improve the game in a noticeable way. Overall this is an incomplete game that if handled well might become something worth your time.
Thanks for the feedback!

I'll see about speeding the walking speed on the cutscenes up a bit. Most of the non-tutorial ones are fairly quick I think, since I skip past the non-essential sections with the assumption that the player knows where they are.

I haven't seen too much clipping, do you mean the students walking through the corridors? I wanted to make sure they wouldn't block in the character since they're procedurally placed, so they're basically ghosts. There might be a few issues when two characters are on the same verticle plane too.... I think it happens when you're set first, then an NPC's location is set on top of you, but I'll look into it. The beds I think are another one that I noticed that needs to be fixed too, and perhaps one or two other small things. I'll look into the mapping and scenes again and check.

The basic attack for sure needs an overhaul, I wanted it to be purposefully weak because you're a magic-user, but I'll rework it a bit so it's hotboxes aren't so wonky and it perhaps does some more decent knockback, perhaps change it up based on weapon equipped, etc.

Reactions: Brig
Sep 28, 2018
This is going to be a pretty extensive list of suggestions for the DEVS. THERE WILL BE SPOILERS so please if you don't want the game ruined please don't look.

A few things I noticed in my playthrough;

Random Bugs for testing purposes:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Some suggestions

Basic Suggestions

Story suggestions

Good things about the game
I think this game has alot of potential to be a classic. I think the scenes we have so far are pretty decent considering its custom artwork. I love the scenes with the imps and the birth scenes. I also like the storage imp scenes. Seeing that there are lessons in each class that unlock different scenes with Anya are pretty cool. I like potions class and think there could be a alot more involved with that. All in all its a pretty decent game with a pregnancy mechanic that is cool. You can see the PC pregnant which is great. All the scenes I have seen so far I have liked for the most part. I am sitting on the edge of my seet waiting for the next release. I just want this game to be done already so I can play the entire thing XD. I hope the devs realize that I am not giving my advice or bugs to make fun of/hate on the game. Rather I give them feedback because I like the game and want to help make the game the best version of itself. Its pretty good so far but we have a ways to go. Hoping this helps and can't wait to see whats in store.

lostcause516

Jun 23, 2018
just a random thought, have a dominance/submissive trait, one issue with VH is her personality shifts wildy as if she is corrupt she will just do any situation weather its completely giving up or being dominant....in a lot of situations it could just be different things she says while others this could lead to new scenes

jhft

Dec 2, 2017
Do you need an artist or code monkey? I'd like to help if I can as I really like some of the systems you have implemented(real-time combat for instance, which is very rare in rpgm games). But yeah, they do need some serious refinement and tweaking before becoming something solid and from personal experience I know that can be difficult to do when you have everything else to worry about. I've seen too many games with huge potential abandoned or slowed to a crawl because of development problems.

Anyway, good luck with your progress and hope to see more in the future.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Do you need an artist or code monkey? I'd like to help if I can as I really like some of the systems you have implemented(real-time combat for instance, which is very rare in rpgm games). But yeah, they do need some serious refinement and tweaking before becoming something solid and from personal experience I know that can be difficult to do when you have everything else to worry about. I've seen too many games with huge potential abandoned or slowed to a crawl because of development problems.

Anyway, good luck with your progress and hope to see more in the future.
I think I'm good, but thanks for the offer! I chose RPGmaker for the express purpose of building up my artwork skills actually. Programming in systems is my reward for when I do my art practice for the day.

Professionally, I'm actually more of a programmer, having gotten a degree in software development. I assumed (incorrectly) that I would be able to twist RPGmaker into a real-time combat style and implement all the base systems I have now in 3 weeks, as well as get a good proof of concept with a single semester's worth of content.

That... was actually the beginning of last September... It took me 4 months, during which time I made little art progress. With the base systems down though, I managed to roughly double the content in the game in less than 3 weeks(the last update), with much of that time focused on improving my art skills. I might have to slow down development slightly to account for sleep(I uh, didn't sleep much in the last few weeks, instead doing anatomy and color studies until 2am regularly on top of gamedev and dayjob), but I can't foresee development being slow at all thanks to the base work that I put in already.

Sep 28, 2018
hows it going everyone. Just wondering if there is any new information? If there isn't I am sorry. I like this game ALOT lol.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
hows it going everyone. Just wondering if there is any new information? If there isn't I am sorry. I like this game ALOT lol.
Nothing new really yet sorry! The next update is in progress but there's still a lot of work to do for it. I do post occasional devlogs at my site here if you want to follow development, usually twice a month or so.

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
Yo. So, I need to craft a Teleportation Crystal. However, I don't seem to have anything to craft it on? I thought we were given an anvil or something when we completed Artifacts 1 but the only thing on my table is the mortar and pestle for potions.

Pink Chaos

Dec 4, 2019
I just started this game and already I can note something that bugs me. A major thing I appreciate a lot about RPGMaker games is they tend to let you save anywhere. So restricting where you can save feels like a regression from that. There're good reasons for allowing save anywhere, including being able to easily quit the game at any time as necessary and extra insurance against unforeseen things happening. Not to mention not having to run back to a save point every time you want to save.

The art doesn't bother me. It's not exactly great, but it's passable enough. I look forward to seeing how you grow with more practice.

I'll have more to say after I've played more of this game, those're just a few initial impressions.

Last edited:

Pink Chaos

Dec 4, 2019
Least I sound like I only have bad things to say about this game, I'm geninuely interested in seeing where it goes as I play it.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Thanks for all the feedback! Saving is disabled in general areas because RPGMaker really hates all the pathfinding the walking students do, and will brick your save without warning if you save on many of the maps(it won't tell you either, not until you try to load the save next time, only for the game to crash instead). Next version should make things a bit easier, with an option to save each morning after you wake up to at least reduce walking to find one.

Yo. So, I need to craft a Teleportation Crystal. However, I don't seem to have anything to craft it on? I thought we were given an anvil or something when we completed Artifacts 1 but the only thing on my table is the mortar and pestle for potions.
The teleportation crystals are crafted at the mortar and pestle via potion-making(hence why potion-making is a prereq), but are kind of a pain right now because they need green mushrooms which take too long to grow and need to be babied to get the correct yields.

Kinda odd(they're not potions) but artifact crafting broke in an early build and had to be dummied out until I can find time to fix it up.

Reactions: Anon21

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
Spending Time with Andrew is glitchy. I tried it, nothing seemed to happen, then later when I went to work at the Inn suddenly I teleported back next to him.

Kinda odd(they're not potions) but artifact crafting broke in an early build and had to be dummied out until I can find time to fix it up.
I suggest you make a Key Item - Recipe Journal - so you can check what ingredients you need, and what recipes you have, without actually using a craft station. It wastes a time slot if you go to use the Mortar and Pestle but then don't make anything after all.

BTW, there is a Red Herb harvest spot that it is impossible to use. On the road to the village, below the stairs, between the tree and the tall grass.
There's another one next to the castle wall on top of the cliff on the left edge of the same screen.

It would be nice if you could sell Catalysts at the village shop.

If you made the harvest spots behind the Big Slime be for green mushroom that would help people get three without taking 21 days.

Last edited:
Reactions: hgameartman
Sep 28, 2018
Hey I don't know what your plans for the future are but IF you ever need any suggestions I am chuck full of them lmfao. I am so sorry. I am justt excitied about this game. Don't you have an email on your website?

Apr 28, 2018
Despite what some ppl say, a simple art style is still an art style. I really like this game and I wish you guys to develop it further. Good luck and good job so far :)

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
V0.3.0 - Art Revamps and the Corrupt Church!

MAKE SURE TO DISABLE AUTO-DASH in your options before you switch over your saves! The option has been removed and leaving it enabled in your saves causes it to break and you will be slow(nodash) forever.

DOWNLOAD
Win
: - -
Mac: - -

Last edited:

jhft

Dec 2, 2017
Oh wow, that's a huge spike in quality it's actually pretty jarring. You must be practicing nonstop. Good job dude, hope to see more.

SakaiY

Sep 24, 2018
Holy shit, the quality jump on Anya there! Not only does she look better but I was NOT expecting animation. And especially not that smooth of animation. You have... some untapped talent in there my friend.

2.70 star(s) 15 Votes