2.70 star(s) 15 Votes

Gohan007

Aug 4, 2017
The fact that you didn't try to sell this on Patreon before having an appealing proof of concept makes me feel more interested in this game than in many others I see floating around.

But yes, try to work on improving your art and don't rush things. Good things will come of it.

Frurose

Nov 7, 2017
[BUG] Green Seeds: I bought some green seeds and planted them in the planter. The planter does not give a status on the plant type or status. I have been watering and tending this thought an entire semester, but it still isn't ready.

[BUG] class: Combat self study: I took this class for the second semester, because it was cheap. I attended 4/4 and studied until I could not. My final grade was 20. I did not take the swordsmanship class first but I think I saw a previous grade of 60 listed while selecting classes. Is swordsmanship a per-requisite for combat self study?

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Thanks! Should be able to get those patched relatively quickly, the gardening club one in particular is important because it breaks an assignment and pretty much 3/4ths of the current crafting recipes. I might spend some time refactoring the code for the gardening club, because it's honestly a huge mess and more trouble than it's worth to maintain right now.

The selfstudy classes are not particularly important. They're mostly designed to be cheap, repeatable classes for grinding stats up without spending too much money or waiting for the somewhat more sporadic stat boosts from jobs and clubs. I'll have its grade fixed too though, it seems to be adding to the swordsmanship class instead of its own.

Frurose

Nov 7, 2017
[BUG] Maid Job: Remained silent instead of begging, at the end, the image would not go away. I continued working through another time period with a BJ scene and slept for the night and the image still remained.

[Level Design] One of the dungeon floors around 6-7 ish: the jewel was blocked by the lever with no other way to get to it. This caused the end of that dungeon run. This might be a risk of 1 block wide passageways and random gen.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD
WIN: - -
MAC: - -

Last edited:
Reactions: Frurose

SakaiY

Sep 24, 2018
How do you access the debug menu? I keep getting freezes when I try to hang out with Anya a third time after learning her fears, and also if I get slime raped and choose not to attend class the game locks.

To the dev, spikes. just walking around the dungeon I find so many spike that my HP is gone before I have any idea what to do. is there a way to decrease this amount, or is there a way to detect them before hand that I haven't found.

Speaking of not finding things.... I must be really bad at this because I cant find any sexual content outside the slimes and can't figure out how to increase my corruption...

Also spawning onto a dungeon floor with enemies blocking me into squar so tight I cant move or fight back

when dong the inn cleaning the desk will sometimes become un-interactable so I cant complete the minigame

when being sexed up in the dungeon please freeze other enemies. Got banged by a cat dude, and while that was happening a bunch of slime showed up and then instakilled me. also the cats dont have any semen... how do you get pregnant in this game...

Last edited:

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
I just tried this game and currently there are too many mistakes and inaccuracies that cloud the flow of the game.
And yes, the graphics take some getting used to and need some improvements.

Conversations:
You go to an NPC and press [Enter] - nothing happens. After that you can move a little bit closer to the NPC, press [Enter] again and now a conversation begins.

Tavern:
The desks cannot be cleaned because the trigger does not work. I tried from several positions, but the character was only moved by a few millimeters.
So after the first shift you get 100 gold through 3 rooms but immediately 15 gold penalty. In the second shift through 2 rooms (one is occupied) you get 102 gold but at the same time 50 gold is withdrawn.

General:
I chose drinks lessons right at the start and landed in front of an empty room after the automatic fast travel. Only later did I realize that I was in the afternoon after class. Before that, I was desperately looking for the right room to start my lessons in.

The walking distances are very long and the academy is very confusing. Due to the early version, you often end up in dead ends. Signposts on the main courses would help a lot or a map that could always be called up should be inserted. The guide at the beginning could give them to you.

NPCs are nonsensically placed and sometimes stand on shelves, walk through or enter a room and suddenly disappear when you want to address them.

The bed cannot be activated. By the time you get the idea that a conversation with your friend in the next room lets the night pass, you have pent up some trouble.

P.S: English is not my mother tongue. You can see on this contribution (Google translator) and it may also be that I have perhaps overlooked a note in the game on the above points. Please understand.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Thanks for all the feedback.
-The standing students around the castle are procedurally placed and shouldn't be standing on top of shelves
-The walking students are decoration, as I couldn't get them to properly restart their pathfinding if you stop them to talk, and they could block off access to areas if multiple got in your way. I can see about reverting it though. I was sort of following other, more modern games, where minor characters kind of just ghost through you when they're not important
-Auto-dash in options is very useful for getting around quicker! it also... for some reason, fixes hitbox issues (bed, tavern desk). I've been manually fixing the ones I find when testing with it disabled, but some snuck past!
-The nekomata scene should pause combat, it's a bug if it's not
-A map is planned! It's just taking longer than it should designing it to be both readable and accessable, I might have to break each floor up into sectors or something...
-Pregnancy content currently includes slimes and imps visually, and nekomatas should work too, but it's more generic. There is a chance mechanic here, and certain situations can block your character from getting pregnant! (potion effects, already having something inside, etc)
-Corruption is somewhat sporadic to build up right now. You have to willingly choose to debase yourself (allow yourself to get groped, spanked, etc. The tavern part time job is the earliest you can do this, make mistakes in male character's rooms, but it's somewhat random. Attending the kitchen part time job allows to keep it consistent growth, at least at night. See the scenes checklist below for more info.
Overall, it looks like I'm going to need to extend the tutorial! I've been designing and building it for so long that a lot of stuff just isn't noticible anymore. I'm too close to see the bigger picture!

Finally, here's a list current scenes are their location and activation requirements! Minor spoilers within.

Last edited:

Frurose

Nov 7, 2017
How do you access the debug menu? I keep getting freezes when I try to hang out with Anya a third time after learning her fears, and also if I get slime raped and choose not to attend class the game locks.

To the dev, spikes. just walking around the dungeon I find so many spike that my HP is gone before I have any idea what to do. is there a way to decrease this amount, or is there a way to detect them before hand that I haven't found.

Speaking of not finding things.... I must be really bad at this because I cant find any sexual content outside the slimes and can't figure out how to increase my corruption...

Also spawning onto a dungeon floor with enemies blocking me into squar so tight I cant move or fight back

when dong the inn cleaning the desk will sometimes become un-interactable so I cant complete the minigame

when being sexed up in the dungeon please freeze other enemies. Got banged by a cat dude, and while that was happening a bunch of slime showed up and then instakilled me. also the cats dont have any semen... how do you get pregnant in this game...
1) If you want the debug item, go the tavern and check the cabinet in the upper left corner of the first floor.
2) Spikes are a pain, but there is a class that you can take to help with them. IMO without them, the dungeons would be too easy.
3)See H-scene check list posted above.
4)...
5)The desk cleaning (like many things) can only be done from one position, that could be your issue.
6)...

SakaiY

Sep 24, 2018
I see, good information. Then I should let you know that being groped by imps didn't add to my corruption at all even after letting them do it repeatedly.

Also as a suggestion if you haven't done. so. already. When it comes to NPCs you are still adding cutscenes for, in the final available cutscene perhaps make a note that it is the final one. something like "This is the final scene available in this build" or something. After seeing the level 10 cutscene with Anya, which those scenes seemed almost sporadic in when they happened. I couldn't tell if I was at the end of the available content yet or not.

I legitimately look forward to seeing this game expand, I see a lot of potential here.

Ashkun

Oct 23, 2019
View attachment 506219
Enter a world of magic and romance, fantasy and adventure, where your wildest dreams can come true....
As long as those dreams involve attending an ancient magic college and learning magic, of course!
Horny Mage Academy: Dark Tower is a top-down action-RPG inspired by such games as Violated Heroine.
It's currently in development and in need of some feedback!

The game currently contains a mixture of time-management and dungeon-crawling, along with the expected
bit of lewdness!​

Thread Updated: 2020-01-26
Release Date: 2020-01-24
Developer: Ninhalf/HGameArtMan
Censored: No
Version: 0.2.1
Language: English

Genre:

Installation:
Tips and Tricks!:
Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - MEGA
Mac: - - MEGA

View attachment 504649 View attachment 504650 View attachment 504651 View attachment 504620 View attachment 528340
I'm definitely bookmarking this, the game much like VH has a lot of potential. Just please don't abandon this :(

Frurose

Nov 7, 2017
I see, good information. Then I should let you know that being groped by imps didn't add to my corruption at all even after letting them do it repeatedly.
The regular kitchen imps do not give corruption (might be intended?). The imps in the food mini game should give corruption.

Sep 28, 2018
Thanks for all the feedback.
-The standing students around the castle are procedurally placed and shouldn't be standing on top of shelves
-The walking students are decoration, as I couldn't get them to properly restart their pathfinding if you stop them to talk, and they could block off access to areas if multiple got in your way. I can see about reverting it though. I was sort of following other, more modern games, where minor characters kind of just ghost through you when they're not important
-Auto-dash in options is very useful for getting around quicker! it also... for some reason, fixes hitbox issues (bed, tavern desk). I've been manually fixing the ones I find when testing with it disabled, but some snuck past!
-The nekomata scene should pause combat, it's a bug if it's not
-A map is planned! It's just taking longer than it should designing it to be both readable and accessable, I might have to break each floor up into sectors or something...
-Pregnancy content currently includes slimes and imps visually, and nekomatas should work too, but it's more generic. There is a chance mechanic here, and certain situations can block your character from getting pregnant! (potion effects, already having something inside, etc)
-Corruption is somewhat sporadic to build up right now. You have to willingly choose to debase yourself (allow yourself to get groped, spanked, etc. The tavern part time job is the earliest you can do this, make mistakes in male character's rooms, but it's somewhat random. Attending the kitchen part time job allows to keep it consistent growth, at least at night. See the scenes checklist below for more info.
Overall, it looks like I'm going to need to extend the tutorial! I've been designing and building it for so long that a lot of stuff just isn't noticible anymore. I'm too close to see the bigger picture!

Finally, here's a list current scenes are their location and activation requirements! Minor spoilers within.
Can either you or someone else please explain what Anya 1 + 2 are? I think I am pretty much done all the content that there is again. I dont know if there are more scenes. I already got everything else.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Can either you or someone else please explain what Anya 1 + 2 are? I think I am pretty much done all the content that there is again. I dont know if there are more scenes. I already got everything else.
You've got them all, as far as I can tell. The two I were referring too were

There are 4 non-h talking scenes that were added to her as repeatable content as well, but you might have seen them all... Only one of them is missable, (for now anyway)

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
The imps don't seem to do anything in v2.1 during the kitchen minigame regardless of time of day.

2.70 star(s) 15 Votes