2.70 star(s) 15 Votes

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
I discovered this game a few days ago, and have found it intriguing but rather frustrating at times.

Once I'd learned a couple of offensive spells (archery and mana blast) I headed to the field round the back of the academy to try them out. At the entrance I encountered 2 wolf cubs, who attacked me and reduced my HP from 10 to 6. I tried to attack them, and every time I used a spell I got a noise and my MP reduced, so I think I was using the spells correctly. But though I kept on and on attacking the cubs, I couldn't kill them. It wasn't possible to stop fighting and retreat, and the cubs didn't attack again so my HP stayed at 6. Eventually I had to call up the menu and exit the game to get out of the situation. Am I missing something obvious? Do I need to designate a cub as the target of the spell in some way? Clicking on one didn't seem to do anything.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
I discovered this game a few days ago, and have found it intriguing but rather frustrating at times.

Once I'd learned a couple of offensive spells (archery and mana blast) I headed to the field round the back of the academy to try them out. At the entrance I encountered 2 wolf cubs, who attacked me and reduced my HP from 10 to 6. I tried to attack them, and every time I used a spell I got a noise and my MP reduced, so I think I was using the spells correctly. But though I kept on and on attacking the cubs, I couldn't kill them. It wasn't possible to stop fighting and retreat, and the cubs didn't attack again so my HP stayed at 6. Eventually I had to call up the menu and exit the game to get out of the situation. Am I missing something obvious? Do I need to designate a cub as the target of the spell in some way? Clicking on one didn't seem to do anything.
There's still a lot of jankiness in general in the combat system in general. I'll test to see if I can reproduce the bug and fix it before next release.

I replaced rpgmakers base with a collision based system, which mostly works but sometimes fails in strange ways (like magic archery fizzling out when clipping a tiny section of a wall)

Try attacking from different areas, luring them out of grass (some grass has coliders for reasons I can't figure out and I am not sure if it's all been fixed yet)

The combat system itself also has some jankiness. If everything stopped moving its possible something disabled combat mode, which should be fixable by leaving and re entering the area.

Reactions: jahall

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Any chance you could tell us what you've gotten done so far and/or when you think it might be released.
For the next major update? So far I have new artwork and a new animation complete, some map work, and a new system that's in the process of being implemented.

The map has been expanded to cover the village, the first floor area descriptions, and touch-based controls.

A new room was added to the homeroom area to allow recollection of past events, although at the moment only the newest scene is going to be implemented in it as it took quite a lot of time to get it up and running(and it's not wired 100% yet, I'm still working out how to track scenes seen in an expandable way that won't bloat save file size).

Estimated release date is the 24-25th for a patreon release depending on how much I can get done tonight.

Public release of v0.44.0 has a goal release of around the 30th, and includes (seeing as I hadn't done public releases in a while since I had personal problems hit...)

- A lot of the new stats screen artwork and revamps
- The new map screen revamp base, which includes redrawn maps, touch controls, and current location tracking
- The start of the new festivals mechanic, mostly involving decorations and random students dressing up for the occasion (Halloween, it was a Halloween update)

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
Are the website and wiki linked to against "Developer" in the OP in this thread no longer operational? When I click on either link, I'm taken to a page that has nothing to do with the game.

Fiamos

Jan 4, 2020
no longer operational?
Seems so, the dev was also looking for a new place to host the wiki a few pages back in this thread(Like the previous page). The patreon and discord should still be operational so you can look up/ask the discord for in game help, or here too.

Reactions: hgameartman

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
Seems so, the dev was also looking for a new place to host the wiki a few pages back in this thread(Like the previous page). The patreon and discord should still be operational so you can look up/ask the discord for in game help, or here too.
Thanks. I joined the Patreon just yesterday, which also gave me access to the Discord, though I haven't really had a chance to look at it yet. (I've been too busy playing the game!)

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
Though I'm signed up to the Patreon, I'm not on a high enough tier to get 0.45 there just yet. If I get the free version from itch.io, will I be missing anything significant?

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Though I'm signed up to the Patreon, I'm not on a high enough tier to get 0.45 there just yet. If I get the free version from itch.io, will I be missing anything significant?
The itch.io version is a few versions out of date, but not by a terrible amount. I think most of what I have been working on is all UI stuff (stats screen and map screen), and the newest update, which is mostly preparation work for the new recollections room and the new slime scene (and more map work)

At some point soon I'll be updating itch.io's free version to include the v0.44.0 update, at which point all you'll be missing out on is the latest update's contents (which will go free at some point the following month unless I lose another sibling in the near future)

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
The itch.io version is a few versions out of date, but not by a terrible amount. I think most of what I have been working on is all UI stuff (stats screen and map screen), and the newest update, which is mostly preparation work for the new recollections room and the new slime scene (and more map work)

At some point soon I'll be updating itch.io's free version to include the v0.44.0 update, at which point all you'll be missing out on is the latest update's contents (which will go free at some point the following month unless I lose another sibling in the near future)
Thanks. I'm sorry for your loss. I already have v0.43 so it sounds as if the free itch.io version is currently either the same or earlier than that.

Reactions: hgameartman
Jul 21, 2021
V0.45.0 Beta Release!
View attachment 3295686
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For the free version, check out itch.io!

And for the latest build you can get it here on patreon!

I love that there's more slime-related sex stuff, always a joy to see more of it, dead serious here... <3 <3

I'm hoping that this version has a fix for the missing "slime birth" scene that was strangely missing in the version I had before, i'm guessing that it also has the updated pregnancy status information screen as well. ^-^

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
I love that there's more slime-related sex stuff, always a joy to see more of it, dead serious here... <3 <3

I'm hoping that this version has a fix for the missing "slime birth" scene that was strangely missing in the version I had before, i'm guessing that it also has the updated pregnancy status information screen as well. ^-^
I swear I had that fixed but a lot happened recently so it might have gotten forgotten, it for sure will be edited/fixed soon, there's still a bit more to add for the slime stuff as the waterway dungeon is the next on my agenda along with continued UI updates (the new map has a lot more still to do, such as secret passage locations and more descriptive text pop ups)

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2021
I swear I had that fixed but a lot happened recently so it might have gotten forgotten, it for sure will be edited/fixed soon, there's still a bit more to add for the slime stuff as the waterway dungeon is the next on my agenda along with continued UI updates (the new map has a lot more still to do, such as secret passage locations and more descriptive text pop ups)
Hmm... I see. I will admit that my current saves are slightly dated, do you think that I may need to start anew to probably fix any issues that I might have that might clash with the recent versions perhaps? I thought that this might be the case but I figured my saves might still be fine, though if I have to start anew then that's fine, just a shame that i'll have to renew the progress I made but ah well, if it means having no issue with the FMC for more yuri/futa-licious scenes or sexy slime-related (ESPECIALLY if there's eventually going to be slime girls, I have a MASSIVE love for them after all, BIG time...! <3 <3 ) then it's a price worth paying for that. ^-^

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Hmm... I see. I will admit that my current saves are slightly dated, do you think that I may need to start anew to probably fix any issues that I might have that might clash with the recent versions perhaps? I thought that this might be the case but I figured my saves might still be fine, though if I have to start anew then that's fine, just a shame that i'll have to renew the progress I made but ah well, if it means having no issue with the FMC for more yuri/futa-licious scenes or sexy slime-related (ESPECIALLY if there's eventually going to be slime girls, I have a MASSIVE love for them after all, BIG time...! <3 <3 ) then it's a price worth paying for that. ^-^
As long as the save isn't from 10+ versions back it should be compatible, it likely just hasn't gotten properly fixed yet.

I had a lot of stuff happen recently that threw development off for a little bit (loss of job, close family member passed away, water main break in the house flooded the basement, etc) so things got jumbled over the last few months and have only recently started to return to normal.

As the next few updates will be going over the waterway dungeon until it's fleshed out and complete, it will certainly be getting an in-depth lookover for everything for the slimes in the near future, including the birth scenes.

Reactions: Orphanus

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
It's been a while, so I hope it's fine to ask about the plans for adding a second, potentially purely girl on girl, route (Eillana), is that still something you intend to add at some point in the future? ^~^
I'm sorry if I missed any already given news on that topic!

Reactions: OneUglySunuvabitch

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
It's been a while, so I hope it's fine to ask about the plans for adding a second, potentially purely girl on girl, route (Eillana), is that still something you intend to add at some point in the future? ^~^
I'm sorry if I missed any already given news on that topic!
There is a goal to have a pure-yuri route for Eillana's storyline, yes, but the code needs some reworking to make it happen properly for a yuri-only option. The goal for now is to finish up some of the work with redoing UI (stats screen, map screen, class selection, skill selection ,etc) and then start on redoing the relationship system at some point in the future to make it easier to keep up with.

I also need to improve my ability to draw two-person scenes a bit, which I'm working on now as well.

Reactions: Iczer and Orphanus

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019

Horny Mage Academy: Dark Tower [v0.44] [HGameArtMan]

COMPRESSED WINDOWS

SIZE ~ 247 MB

(1 week) - (1 week) - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
2.70 star(s) 15 Votes