2.70 star(s) 15 Votes

unholy baker

Apr 25, 2018
I ran out of money to continue paying for web hosting out of pocket unfortunately!
I'll try to get a new website and wiki up at some point in the future, when my financial situation stabalizes.
There are quite a few options, though given the content it may be problematic for some of them. I never visited the website, so have no real idea what it's about, but I'm willing to be you can also find a free host for it, as it's probably static?

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
offers free wiki hosting, and is fine with NSFW content (as long as it doesn't features loli)
Personally I am the main Bureaucrat (highest local permission) of the wiki for Odyssey of Gianna

Last edited:

unholy baker

Apr 25, 2018
offers free wiki hosting, and is fine with NSFW content (as long as it doesn't features loli)
Personally I am the main Bureaucrat (highest local permission) of the wiki for Odyssey of Gianna
Yeah, that was going to be my initial suggestion, but I'm not entirely certain about the age status of the characters in this game. If it's fine, then I definitely recommend it.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Yeah, that was going to be my initial suggestion, but I'm not entirely certain about the age status of the characters in this game. If it's fine, then I definitely recommend it.
All over 21. Everyone drinks and the school is a college, I just really liked school uniform designs (and such designs were easier to learn to draw than varied clothing.)

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
this game lot of bugs
Yes it does.

I try to get through them but a lot of them is because I produced spaghetti code and did stupid things like make 2d arrays and stuffed them into rpgmakers variables.

Part of why development slowed down lately is because i spent a few months finally getting around to learning how to code plugins so I could redo old systems that were glitchjng, but the process is taking a while.

Did you know that the game used to have a bug that corrupted your save file when you saved on a map that had studens walking by?

Like, fully bricked it.

My solution? When you hit save in the menu it saves your current location and map and stuffs you into a unique save room to boot up the save menu.

When the game loads it immediately cuts light so you don't see it and then sends you to the proper map!

6 months of literally save corrupting glitches, it took me forever to debug it as it only happens if you save right as a walking student is changing direction(they recalculate every few seconds their path in case it is blocked)

I'm not really making a standard rpg, and the complexity came with a lot of technical debt I need to fix.

yakagi

Feb 17, 2022
Yes it does.

I try to get through them but a lot of them is because I produced spaghetti code and did stupid things like make 2d arrays and stuffed them into rpgmakers variables.

Part of why development slowed down lately is because i spent a few months finally getting around to learning how to code plugins so I could redo old systems that were glitchjng, but the process is taking a while.

Did you know that the game used to have a bug that corrupted your save file when you saved on a map that had studens walking by?

Like, fully bricked it.

My solution? When you hit save in the menu it saves your current location and map and stuffs you into a unique save room to boot up the save menu.

When the game loads it immediately cuts light so you don't see it and then sends you to the proper map!

6 months of literally save corrupting glitches, it took me forever to debug it as it only happens if you save right as a walking student is changing direction(they recalculate every few seconds their path in case it is blocked)

I'm not really making a standard rpg, and the complexity came with a lot of technical debt I need to fix.
sorry make u feel confiused
- yep, when I walk and move the another location the mc stucked with npc
- when u birth the neko baby, and f*ck by slime, then saved a file, the savefile will corrupted
- can u optimized map forest ruin map? sorry my pc a potato spec (if u ok, its ok)
- Can u make teleport like this? I cant differentiate between floors 2 and 3

Last edited:

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
sorry make u feel confiused
- yep, when I walk and move the another location the mc stucked with npc
- when u birth the neko baby, and f*ck by slime, then saved a file, the savefile will corrupted
- can u optimized map forest ruin map? sorry my pc a potato spec (if u ok, its ok)
- Can u make teleport like this? I cant differentiate between floors 2 and 3
Forest ruins are a bloody mess and will be redone in the future. (It's trying to shove the locations and data on the entire dungeons enemy locations into your save file righ now because I was stupid)

Teleportation will be changed up soon with map revamps.

Will work on all bugs! It just might take a bit of time as I have a dayjob too unfortunately.

Jul 21, 2021
I hope that the latest version reimplements the slime birth scene or at least a redone variation of it, dunno why it's missing/doesn't show in the current public version like it did in the previous version though once the precious slime babies are ready to be birthed after enough time in the MC's belly though. :(

(Sorry for the repeat question, I just have a MASSIVE love for slime/slime girl pregnancies is all. X3 )

Reactions: KMN

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
I hope that the latest version reimplements the slime birth scene or at least a redone variation of it, dunno why it's missing/doesn't show in the current public version like it did in the previous version though once the precious slime babies are ready to be birthed after enough time in the MC's belly though. :(

(Sorry for the repeat question, I just have a MASSIVE love for slime/slime girl pregnancies is all. X3 )
For sure in the works! I just got stuck trying to make an interesting puzzle system for the underground waterway's rework, realized that I needed to properly learn RPGmaker's plugin systems, and then started with an easier task to do that (redoing the stats screen, followed by the map screen)

I think I'm at a level now where I can take another crack at it, as once I can get the waterway dungeon redone I can properly redo the slime scenes and continue the storyline! It's just taking a while because my dayjob (combined with some rather bad life incidents recently) have knocked productivity down a ton.

In the meantime, I might see if I can at least get the display working properly for the old version. It's strange that it stopped working entirely and I was going to take a look at it before stuff happened.

Reactions: KMN

KMN

68WX Insomniac Lurker Uber Edumacated Nerd
Donor
Jun 13, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Don't mind me... I'm just patiently waiting... lurking here in the darkness...

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Anyone know when V0.44.0 will become public?
At some point after V0.45.0 goes live, the goal for that being sometime this month if things get completed properly.

The new map is being problematic to program, I've got mouse functionality for getting room descriptions working finally, but return functionality is broken (I can't get the script to run teleports yet) so it's stalled for a bit.

CyberCy616

Feb 14, 2021
At some point after V0.45.0 goes live, the goal for that being sometime this month if things get completed properly.

The new map is being problematic to program, I've got mouse functionality for getting room descriptions working finally, but return functionality is broken (I can't get the script to run teleports yet) so it's stalled for a bit.
At least you're working on the game I'd hate to see this game become like Simbro. But please don't rush just knowing you are working on it is fine.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
At least you're working on the game I'd hate to see this game become like Simbro. But please don't rush just knowing you are working on it is fine.
Thanks.

Its a bit slow now thanks to the more programming-heavy UI work I've been doing with the stats screen and now the map screen, but the end result will make things a bit smoother and less buggy in the end!

There is a plan for how the game should end up, and it's been pretty well defined from the start. I just massively misjudged scope (and also improved far more on my development skills than I expected, rending a lot of early content in need of redoing)

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
hgameartman Keep in mind that you started from scratch nearly 4 years ago. You stated that you didn't have much guidance and majorly of your graphic you have done on your own. I recalled the beginning of this product and saw how you interact with others over time to help improve your project. I also had seen number of improvement you have done in the first year or two. I haven't check this project in quite some time, like maybe in the last two year so, I have not seen all the new features you added as well the graphics. You are at the point that you are branching out the project and some of the coding may need reviewed over time to make sure you visualize the path of each options to make sure it does not break. For a programmer, they would create flow-chart to track each options and choices to help layout the path correctly. Once it get really big it can become complicated, which means that you may have to slow down to trace the paths to make sure it seems correct for you.

I see some of your messages that you found the issue and also being able to resolve some of the issues over time to make some improvement on your project. Since it been quite a while since I last check this project, I am more likely have to start from the beginning anyway. Also I am not quite sure when I will check this project, it is still on my list to revisit down the road, even if you were able to complete this project, I will try to revisit it when I have the time.

Have a great day and be safe. Also have a good and safe holidays... (y)

2.70 star(s) 15 Votes