VN Others Completed Hoshizora no Memoria - Wish upon a Shooting Star [Favorite]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

TaterMan

Apr 22, 2018
When I compare the quality of the resolution of this game to a CG gallery (hitomi.la), this game's quality is extremely lacking when compared to it. Is there a reason for that?

sgtsnicker

Sep 2, 2017
Just in case anybody was interested, on one of my old cloud accounts I found that I have the old Staircase subs 1.2 version if anyone wants it.

Just DM me, if someone wants to rehost it somewhere or something

Last edited:
Reactions: Twistty

Matmic_

Jan 1, 2019
When I compare the quality of the resolution of this game to a CG gallery (hitomi.la), this game's quality is extremely lacking when compared to it. Is there a reason for that?
There is a HD remake, however the current translations are not ported to this remake. The upcomming re-translation will be on the HD-remake though.

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Ok, so a RE Relase coming later on.
Played the game earlier but did not get to the end of it at time, story did sit right to me, guess its the type of thing quite situation based, so Ill give it another try later on.

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
Is there someone out there that could share the HD version with the (march 2021) released patch added on top? It supposedly was already censored in this version, so it only sounds like an upgrade compared to this, ngl.

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
There is a HD remake, however the current translations are not ported to this remake. The upcomming re-translation will be on the HD-remake though.
That was not true and sure as hell isn't true now either. It which version the the tl came form.
Also, it's not a remake but a remaster, if we are true to the definition at hand.
You posted this in june and the patch porting the tl to this hd version was out in march lol

Btw which re-translation are you even referring to at all? There is no entry on the for any project released or announced like that even now?

Edit: This is a quote from the patch readme: "It's best to wait for the translation of the HD version by Sekai Project. Everything will be done much better there than in this patch (I hope...)"

Honestly gtfo with this bullshit. :D You know they have no incentive to release any other version of this game, why would they?! It already made them their sought after steam cash, so.. I hate this shit naive fans put in these readme files... FYI do never buy these "promises" or even take them seriously at all.

Edit 2: Apparently SP themselves announced, as part of a 2020 updates blog post that it will happen (not a re-tl btw) , but that post on the denpasoft blog is not available anymore. :ROFLMAO: So who the hell even knows if they keep their word?

Lastly, let's be honest for a second here. Sekai Project as a publisher are scum, they take the longest in the whole fucking industry to even put out anything, yet they (just count the list of tba no release date whatsoever entries on the bottom of that page and tell me this is a company you would trust to put out a product "on time"?!) At some point this just looks like ip trolling to everyone informing themselves even in the slightest. You might get that thing in 5 years or, so if you want to wait that long, go ahead and trust these fuckers, like the dude putting out this patch did. ;)

TLDR: If you want to have the game in a reasonable timeframe, you better look for the japanese version and apply the patch yourself. I didn't find that yet, however. -.- Maybe others might've more luck and better sources for japanese game rips? I made a request thread here for the HD version now, so hopefully there will be something happening there in the near future.

Last edited:

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
PeteHanson
I left you a message on your game request page.
Could you check it out - and tell me what version you would like.

Thanks and Cheers

Reactions: PeteHanson

Matmic_

Jan 1, 2019
That was not true and sure as hell isn't true now either. It which version the the tl came form.
Also, it's not a remake but a remaster, if we are true to the definition at hand.
You posted this in june and the patch porting the tl to this hd version was out in march lol

Btw which re-translation are you even referring to at all? There is no entry on the for any project released or announced like that even now?

Edit: This is a quote from the patch readme: "It's best to wait for the translation of the HD version by Sekai Project. Everything will be done much better there than in this patch (I hope...)"

Honestly gtfo with this bullshit. :D You know they have no incentive to release any other version of this game, why would they?! It already made them their sought after steam cash, so.. I hate this shit naive fans put in these readme files... FYI do never buy these "promises" or even take them seriously at all.

Edit 2: Apparently SP themselves announced, as part of a 2020 updates blog post that it will happen (not a re-tl btw) , but that post on the denpasoft blog is not available anymore. :ROFLMAO: So who the hell even knows if they keep their word?

Lastly, let's be honest for a second here. Sekai Project as a publisher are scum, they take the longest in the whole fucking industry to even put out anything, yet they (just count the list of tba no release date whatsoever entries on the bottom of that page and tell me this is a company you would trust to put out a product "on time"?!) At some point this just looks like ip trolling to everyone informing themselves even in the slightest. You might get that thing in 5 years or, so if you want to wait that long, go ahead and trust these fuckers, like the dude putting out this patch did. ;)

TLDR: If you want to have the game in a reasonable timeframe, you better look for the japanese version and apply the patch yourself. I didn't find that yet, however. -.- Maybe others might've more luck and better sources for japanese game rips? I made a request thread here for the HD version now, so hopefully there will be something happening there in the near future.

" New translation for official release. "

Kinda states that it will be the HD version.
Though i do agree that i should have said remaster and not remake.

JLP603

Apr 25, 2019
I downloaded the game from the torrent. if anyone gets the 'C:\Users\<user>\Documents/FAVORITE/???????/save/s901.bin' when launching Hoshimemo.exe
I got it to launch by running the Memoria.exe using locale emulator set to run in japanese inside the system folder

souldray

Jun 5, 2020
Such a good VN, in year to year so much good stuff they make, but so small amount of tittle are translate...

GiborG 08

Dec 22, 2018
Also getting the same as above. Anyone with suggestions? Thanks a ton.

EDIT: Managed to fix this error. Set Compatibility to run as Windows XP SP3. I'm running Windows 10 in may laptop. However, I'm getting a new error in which the game can't seem to find files in the graphs_bs folder. Something like a font issue I guess.

graph_bs/CHR_–²_—c‚̃I[ƒvƒ“‚ÉŽ¸”s‚µ‚Ü‚µ‚½

EDIT(2): Apparently, I need to run it in Japanese System Locale. Using LocaleEmulator just gave me another error. So as of now, I'm running this gem in a virtual machine. T__T
worked for me

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
The for this game now has a release date, funny about that is they call it HD version in the title. All the while being still completely silent on when the hell they intend to deliver the HD Version of this base game. Just amazing...

JosephF

May 28, 2019
I had this game sitting on my HD for years and I finally decided to play it, just a question though, which version is better the fan translation or the Sekai version?

sgtsnicker

Sep 2, 2017
I had this game sitting on my HD for years and I finally decided to play it, just a question though, which version is better the fan translation or the Sekai version?
A lot of people say the fan translation is better. I also agree with that so that's one vote for that version

Reactions: JosephF

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
A lot of people say the fan translation is better. I also agree with that so that's one vote for that version
should be the old fan tl version. I only tried the HD version, which got to use the current SP translation a while ago. Mostly for testing and didn't play the game for real yet. But to be honest I'm not sure if SP will ever deliver on their promise to fix this translation nor patch the steam version to be the HD version, there is little to no money in that after all these years after all, lets be real.

Reactions: JosephF
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes