Unity Abandoned Hot Coffee [May Build] [Hot Coffee]

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes

Degeneracy

Nov 15, 2017
Ran into a possible game looping bug. Unsure if it's a bug or just the end of the game. My character keeps the napkins which doesn't trigger any more scenes. At which point the same customer who takes the pictures is there, day in, day out. No changes, been about 12 days so far.

bsr2

Apr 11, 2018
Either after the napkin scene the content ends. Or There is a bug. I am looking forward to the future of this game when a saved feature will be implemented and way more content and customization. Just very lacking right now, understandably.

kafloo

Feb 21, 2021
Guys! It was my bad, I only added gameplay until the 3rd day but once it's over I didn't add a prompt saying that basically all content has been done, I'll do this right away, that's why you're encountering bugs after a while, you're entering forbidden territory! : P

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
What are the future plans for this game? It looks really interesting but I can't get an idea of where it's heading

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
Well, considering that the game was first published here 6 weeks ago, it already has a lot to offer.
And you mustn't forget that the content that is already built in but not yet activated promises a lot.
The map is quite small, but as with other games, more maps can be added.

I'm already looking forward to the finished shops, trouble with the landlord and one or two leisure events. But since it sounds here as if only one or two people are working on it, some patience is needed. It would be wrong to put too much pressure on the developer(s) already.

srbot2016

Aug 5, 2016
Well, considering that the game was first published here 6 weeks ago, it already has a lot to offer.
And you mustn't forget that the content that is already built in but not yet activated promises a lot.

I'm already looking forward to the finished shops, trouble with the landlord and one or two leisure events. But since it sounds here as if only one or two people are working on it, some patience is needed. It would be wrong to put too much pressure on the developer(s) already.
To be honest as a game it has nothing to offer so far, it's a buggy tech demo of the gameplay. I don't want to put pressure on the developer but I feel that a lot of new devs make mistake of publishing first builds of their projects. It's good to first build a solid game foundation because then you can focus on delivering new content instead of reworking game mechanics. Most of the people that "support" you on patreon don't care about underlaying game code problems, and 1 new scene + two paragraphs of changes in the engine look bad in changelog, especially for new supporters.

Most successful, finished and best rated patreon games haven't changed gameplay loop and mechanics during their development.

I'm looking forward to more updates and wish dev that everything goes well :)

kafloo

Feb 21, 2021

Thanks for the kind words! I have a full time job at the moment so it's true that I can't pump out stuff as quickly as I'd like to!
To be honest as a game it has nothing to offer so far, it's a buggy tech demo of the gameplay. I don't want to put pressure on the developer but I feel that a lot of new devs make mistake of publishing first builds of their projects. It's good to first build a solid game foundation because then you can focus on delivering new content instead of reworking game mechanics. Most of the people that "support" you on patreon don't care about underlaying game code problems, and 1 new scene + two paragraphs of changes in the engine look bad in changelog, especially for new supporters.

Most successful, finished and best rated patreon games haven't changed gameplay loop and mechanics during their development.

I'm looking forward to more updates and wish dev that everything goes well :)
Totally understand where you're coming from, please give the game a shot in a few more updates and let me know what you think then!

srbot2016

Aug 5, 2016
Thanks for the kind words! I have a full time job at the moment so it's true that I can't pump out stuff as quickly as I'd like to!

Totally understand where you're coming from, please give the game a shot in a few more updates and let me know what you think then!
I made mistake that I focused only on the negative sides :) It's not that I didn't like your demo, art style is beautiful and overall setting seems very good. It's just the fact that I really like side scroller games focused on story and dialogues, and those are rare on this site. And unfortunately all are plagued by the same problems.
As for more constructive feedback here is the list of things I would personally change.
- it's nice that you have added mouse movement as requested but it can be further improved by adding ability to continuously move in one direction by holding LMB in left/right side of character, in the current version character stops in the place you have clicked
- moving from one location in side scrollers is repetitive and usually characters walk slow, it would be nice to additionally implement autopilot/pathfinding so you could just click on the target location and the character would just walk there. I know it's more tricky to implement than simple player controller but it could pay off, I bet that there are out of the box solutions one the unity asset store. Downside is that you have to keep track of the locations and their connections in some easily traversable structure for pathfinding. Easier solution is to add quick travel like in Skyrim, movement in 3D games is more fun and as you can sea even AAA studios think it's boring after a while :)
- don't make player guess where he should click to execute some action. In the current version finding the exact spot you have to click to move from hall to bedroom in the player house is annoying. IMHO areas on the screen that you can interact with should be marked with an icon or some kind of outline/highlight. If some of the actions can't be executed by the player because of whatever reason (locked door, no stamina, end of current version) grey the icon out, allow them to click on it and see the message you have prepared for this occasion but don't force them to click on every door to check if they are locked or not, again, it's annoying ;)

I hope I could help and thanks for your work.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 7 Votes