Unity Abandoned Hot Coffee [May Build] [Hot Coffee]

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes

Drill Sergeant

May 9, 2019
They should have made a bit more content before releasing it. And no save option bugs me but at the moment it is ok given there is little to no content. Art is good, on the colourful side. Need 4-5 more updates before we can properly play it. Lets wait and see what the dev delivers.

Reactions: zebze

klmr585

Jul 23, 2020
sry to tell you, but no save option makes this game useless atm. apart from this, the game is a nice work of art and the "story" so far is good. keep it up, but add the save option, as you already have an continue button - what for?! ;)

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
They should have made a bit more content before releasing it. And no save option bugs me but at the moment it is ok given there is little to no content. Art is good, on the colourful side. Need 4-5 more updates before we can properly play it. Lets wait and see what the dev delivers.
Um, well I won't be waiting. I haven't seen any game put out on this site that doesn't have a save option. To not add something so basic makes me have no faith that the dev will do anything with this game. Also why put out a game with next to no content? To waste people's bandwidth?

• Angry
Reactions: Katsumi-chan

Illustrivity

Mar 2, 2018
yeah but my inventory doesn't work
I had the same thing. Just right-click on the game's .exe and select "Run as administrator", which should fix it (or at least did for me).

Definitely not easy to balance this sort of thing with RL commitments. I have no issue with it taking time, just don't think it's currently worth playing. It's nothing more than a short preview at this point. I hope the dev continues it though, as I like what I see so far, and think it's got potential.
Yeah, 100%. Of course there's limits to some of the bullshit some developers pull and how they just run away with thousands and thousands of dollars every month for minimal work, but I don't think this developer really even has much financial support (seeing as their Patreon, at least, is very bare still in regards to community participation). Of course, they won't get that much support until they actually start putting out "content", but focusing on work commitments over a game they're making and that's being released for free...is understandable.

Also, it's not really worth the time right now, no. What I find kind of amusing is that at numerous parts of the game very early on, the developer already teases extra options for what the main character can say/do (such as going to the back alley with the camera guy in the cafe, and then later on sucking him off in his home while he's sleeping), and I feel putting in those red, unselectable and currently unimplemented options is such a tease. Maybe that's the point though, 'cause I'm definitely gonna check up on this game again to see those new options be finally implemented.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3xpurt

(^__^)

Feb 22, 2018
It has been 6 months since first demo, it has in total maybe 6 minutes of mostly boring, repetitive gameplay. There are several times more 'promises'/things you can't do than things you can. This 'game' couldn't look more like Parteon bait even if it tried.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
Maybe that's the point though, 'cause I'm definitely gonna check up on this game again to see those new options be finally implemented.
I thought it was a good way for us to see what the intention is, as otherwise we could be mistaken in thinking the game is very linear quests. It's also handy when a game tells you what's not implemented yet, rather than just leaving you wondering if you've finished the content.

Not sure anyone should give up their day job to make these games, even those games bringing in 30k a month, are a bit of a risk to quit your job over. Would be better to hire someone to do the work, rather than quit your job. I worked as a dev on a game here myself at one point, but had to quit due to time constraints; the game is still going strong, but it's not easy to balance RL commitments with what is essentially a full-time hobby.

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
They are still active on their Discord server, but posted links to Twitter, where I guess they primarily communicate.
Currently, they are still collecting wishes and suggestions from the players, evaluating them and, if appropriate, taking them into account.

Reactions: plogica

HeroHate

Oct 10, 2019
Nothing on patreon for some time. Were they looking for a writer at some point? Did that ever pan out?

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
Today on Patreon:

Hot Coffee
SEP 2, 2021 AT 4:59 AM
Project Update

Hey guys,

Sorry there's been no update for a while. Essentially, I've had a full-time job for years and I attempted to do this project part-time, in the hopes that I'd earn enough to quit and do this full-time, sadly as you might expect development has been slow, specially since my real job is also game-dev, so burn-out stacks pretty quick.

Anyways I'm currently doing contract work for a few more months so I can gather a nice nest egg and continue working on this game but full-time. I've learned you really can't create a successful project by doing it half-way.

I'll keep you all updated in the meantime, but there won't be updates for a couple months.

Thanks for understanding!

Let's hope for a return soon with fresh momentum and new vigor.

Reactions: pr0n

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
Yeah I just cancelled my Patreon, I mean let's be real, if you aren't going to be working on it I don't feel obligated to pay you anything. Shame, liked where this was going.
Yeah I just saw this game and saw the posts. Sorry but I think people got scammed. To the Dev, shame on you for taking people's money and JUST NOW telling people your excuses? What a joke.

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
TheUberstuff

As a supporter, I've fallen in on a few games.
However, it must be said that as a supporter you should be aware of the risk you are taking.
I would like to take a stand for the developers of Hot Coffee and some others.
In the current time, a regular income is very important. Giving up your job to face an uncertain future in the games industry is a step you have to consider very carefully.
This game has been on the server for 7 months. During this time, there have been only minor improvements to the content of the first build, but there have been a few improvements to the comfort and graphics. The last post on Discord (which is not their first choice for communication and I myself don't follow them on Instagram), is 4 months old.
In those 4 months they received about 750€ via Patreon, but lost about half of that due to fees, taxes and such.

Here may have passed some time, in which the developer thought, I can do this, but finally realized, the project currently just can not continue to support and has informed us promptly on the relevant platform, namely Patreon.
That we talk about it here on F95, where most anyway do not pay a cent for the games is luxury and you with your contribution ... Shame on you.

To accuse developers of fraud, there are quite different candidates in my eyes.
Developers who receive a high four-digit contribution for months, publish monthly updates, but do not add any real content.
You constantly read about bug fixes in the changelog, but when you play the game, you don't notice anything.

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
TheUberstuff

As a supporter, I've fallen in on a few games.
However, it must be said that as a supporter you should be aware of the risk you are taking.
I would like to take a stand for the developers of Hot Coffee and some others.
In the current time, a regular income is very important. Giving up your job to face an uncertain future in the games industry is a step you have to consider very carefully.
This game has been on the server for 7 months. During this time, there have been only minor improvements to the content of the first build, but there have been a few improvements to the comfort and graphics. The last post on Discord (which is not their first choice for communication and I myself don't follow them on Instagram), is 4 months old.
In those 4 months they received about 750€ via Patreon, but lost about half of that due to fees, taxes and such.

Here may have passed some time, in which the developer thought, I can do this, but finally realized, the project currently just can not continue to support and has informed us promptly on the relevant platform, namely Patreon.
That we talk about it here on F95, where most anyway do not pay a cent for the games is luxury and you with your contribution ... Shame on you.

To accuse developers of fraud, there are quite different candidates in my eyes.
Developers who receive a high four-digit contribution for months, publish monthly updates, but do not add any real content.
You constantly read about bug fixes in the changelog, but when you play the game, you don't notice anything.
I understand things happen especially these days, but to wait and not tell people while taking their money KNOWING they weren't working on the project. Its like if I am hired by a company, they are paying me to do work and I don't do it. Its called sleazy and I would be fired on the spot. Now yes people take risks when they support someone on Patreon. Also I never once said fraud but thank you for blatantly lying about what I said.

Reactions: Kalissa

JDBlades

Apr 30, 2020
I understand things happen especially these days, but to wait and not tell people while taking their money KNOWING they weren't working on the project. Its like if I am hired by a company, they are paying me to do work and I don't do it. Its called sleazy and I would be fired on the spot. Now yes people take risks when they support someone on Patreon. Also I never once said fraud but thank you for blatantly lying about what I said.
Especially when he knew he wasn't working on it, didn't work on it for quite some time and THEN decided to announce it. No I don't want/need my money back, but I also won't be supporting this creator anymore. I enjoyed it for what it was, wish it had lasted for a bit longer and had more content but this is where I draw the line.

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes