VN Ren'Py Abandoned Hot Shots! [V0.1.2a] [Midnight Riot]

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes

Midnight Riot

Developer of "Hot Shots!"
Game Developer
May 23, 2022
Some weird slang overuse and grammar don't bother me, so I like this game.

What annoys me (v0.1.2) is 2 second dissolve plus pause that I need to click through, plus again 2 seconds' dissolve plus pause that I need to click through. All that just to move to the next screen. Like this:
Code:
    scene black with circlewipe
    pause
    scene hmco_01 with circlewipe
    pause
Man please remove those pauses and reduce "circlewipe" dissolve time from 2.0 to 0.2. Otherwise it's really annoying and asks for -2 stars for the game.

Apart from that, all feels well.
That dissolve has already been removed.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Imo, this and Move the Chains would benefit from trimming of slang, accents and overuse of scientific terms, for every 1 person that feels represented will be at least 9 others that either don't know what the fuck characters are saying, or are annoyed by it. AVN already have trouble keeping players invested in reading the text and not skipping to the next choice.

In other news, I need Club Baddie in my life! :cautious:

Jan 16, 2021
View attachment 2827456

Overview:
Hot Shots!
is an episodic adult visual novel where you take on the role of Adam Reed, a promising young basketball player who has just been recruited to a top D1 college team name SCU.

As he navigates the challenges of student athlete life, he encounters a variety of beautiful and complex women who captures his attention. Some are fellow athletes, while others are students in other fields or even members of the faculty.​

Thread Updated: 2023-08-05
Release Date: 2023-08-04
Developer: Midnight Riot - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.1.2a
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: GDRIVE - PIXELDRAIN - - - WORKUPLOAD
Mac: GDRIVE - PIXELDRAIN - - - WORKUPLOAD
Other: Compressed* -
Android

* This unofficial version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 2827439 View attachment 2827440 View attachment 2827446 View attachment 2827427 View attachment 2827428 View attachment 2827429 View attachment 2827431 View attachment 2827433
Looks promising, is there any walkthrough or walkthrough mod for this?

• Angry
Reactions: Abhai

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020
Update from Discord

Dev Log #10
Wuz Goodie!
First and foremost, thank you for playing the game and keeping a watch on us.
Now let's get down to business.
You folks appreciated our latest update and the adjustments we made, however some, if not more, of you don't like my work, by which I mean the writing part. I'm very aware that some people don't like the dialogues, and I agree that they're a little out of character for our Mc. So I've chosen to rewrite those dialogues, and we'll also hire a guy to proofread my shit. By the way, we have a guy who is helping us with our shitty dialogue, but we haven't finalised anything with him yet.
We've decided to add a new tag to our game: "pregnancy".
Yes, you read that correctly. I spent hours reading the story and discovered that I can add pregnancy with three of the main girls and a few side girls to get pregnant without breaking the story and making it more intriguing.
Some of the question we got asked.
One of the most asked questions we received was, "How many main love interests are there?"
Season 1 features eight girls as the major love interests, and when season 1 ends, three of the girls will be removed as the main love interests and will disappear from season 2. Season 2 will feature three new girls as the main love interests for our character.
Is this game going to be free or will it become a paid game?
No, at least season one will be free, but patrons will gain early access.
Are we gonna launch this game on steam?
I'm not interested in doing a steam launch, but if the game does well, I might consider it in the future.
Now let's talk about the development.
We have decided to do a monthly update from now on, so you can expect an update in the next month for sure.
How big is the next update going to be?
I can't really say much about it as I have left it on Diddy. If he is able to pull 500 renders before 30, then 500; otherwise, if he is able to get 200–300, then 200–300. btw, if you guys don't know, Diddy is sharing daily info on our Discord server about how many renders he did on the present day. This is the final Public Dev log; from now on, we will only publish information with patrons. If you are not a patron, I recommend you join our discord server, where Diddy is discussing about his work, which will give you an idea of what is going on. Hot Shots! v0.1.3 development info
Plot = 100%
Writing = 100%
Nerd stuff = 50%
Scene posed = 270
Renders done = 125
Animation = 3
Episode 1 has 25 scenes, 10 of which were released in v0.1.2, leaving 15 scenes to complete, and we have covered three additional scenes thus far.
Stay Awesome!
Wdym by 3 leaving will it be depending on the path ur on or will be set in stone 3

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
sooo, whats happening with the update/game?
any patreon news apart from a guessing game?

"Wuz Goodie! Wade here So few days ago Diddy got excited and he announce the date for the game but he forgot to mention that this time we..."

Midnight Riot

Game Developer
May 23, 2022
sooo, whats happening with the update/game?
any patreon news apart from a guessing game?

"Wuz Goodie! Wade here So few days ago Diddy got excited and he announce the date for the game but he forgot to mention that this time we..."
We ran into some issues and were trying to repair them, and we also got caught up in real life, so the update will be released for patrons soonish, and the public date is kind of TBD. I'm pretty sure it will get leaked here eventually.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
We ran into some issues and were trying to repair them, and we also got caught up in real life, so the update will be released for patrons soonish, and the public date is kind of TBD. I'm pretty sure it will get leaked here eventually.
well, thanks for quick answer and all the best with game and rl issues to you both!

also it would be for the best if you avoid giving any ETAs till the update is actually ready.
particularly not some big announcements (as on patreon), or even posts such as "A new update is going to drop this month for sure." here;)

Midnight Riot

Game Developer
May 23, 2022
well, thanks for quick answer and all the best with game and rl issues to you both!

also it would be for the best if you avoid giving any ETAs till the update is actually ready.
particularly not some big announcements (as on patreon), or even posts such as "A new update is going to drop this month for sure." here;)
I've never developed a game before, so I'm a little unprofessional about it all. I only focus on the render portion and do my announcement about the render part, but the actual pain is coding, which appears to be a 5 minute task but isn't, so I'll probably shut my mouth from now on. :HideThePain:

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
How many main love interests are there?
[...] when season 1 ends, three of the girls will be removed as the main love interests and will disappear from season 2 [...]

Dafaq? :WaitWhat:... I don't like this. The game is over if a player has a relationship with any of these three? Death is coming? :WutFace:.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
How many main love interests are there?
[...] when season 1 ends, three of the girls will be removed as the main love interests and will disappear from season 2 [...]

Dafaq? :WaitWhat:... I don't like this. The game is over if a player has a relationship with any of these three? Death is coming? :WutFace:.
You're shittin me, right?

• Sad
Reactions: JackMeHoffsomer

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Hmmm... I'm curious how having 3 L.I removed is going to work. Is it already decided who you're getting rid of? Is it more of a game mechanic that randomly determines who leaves at the end, like a school transfer or something?

I honestly don't foresee that being well received by players who are romancing said girls in their playthrough. That's something you'll have to make known well ahead of time in the story and not keep it hidden until the very end about who leaves. Then if it's an issue with the amount of render work so you're lowering the number of L.I to offset it, then it's not too late to just... not make them L.I in the first place.

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes