VN Ren'Py Abandoned Hot Shots! [V0.1.2a] [Midnight Riot]

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
Yes, choices matter a lot, and there will be lots of choices in the future, and there are a total of 8 girls planned right now as the main Li.
My 2 cents that absolutely no one asked for, but I wouldn't go beyond 8 LI's. Especially if you are going to include "side hoes". So many VN's chuck in way too many love interests and side girls and it ends up ruining the overall story/experience IMO. Even 8 main LI's sounds borderline too much if I am being honest. Good luck either way, it's your game.

MIkedante

Dec 10, 2019
Renders are great. Story is minimal yet as game tell you nothing more, than student goes to college and will play sport (which is similar to many good games, we already have like Intertwined, WYM, Summer's Gone... not to mention others like BaDIK or Shoot in the dark, where MC isn't sportsman). I'm not fan of tattooed MC, that option should waited latter, as he get some reputation between other teammates. And if it's something I hate more than tattooed man, is overtattooed women. About the size of content... there are few pics inside, but every single one in PNG format! WTF?! Dev need to learn how to use Webp, Webm files instead, because after few releases game become pain in ass to download it, especially if there wont be "update only" files. :unsure:

Reactions: Majindevil

Midnight Riot

Developer of "Hot Shots!"
Game Developer
May 23, 2022
Renders are great. Story is minimal yet as game tell you nothing more, than student goes to college and will play sport (which is similar to many good games, we already have like Intertwined, WYM, Summer's Gone... not to mention others like BaDIK or Shoot in the dark, where MC isn't sportsman). I'm not fan of tattooed MC, that option should waited latter, as he get some reputation between other teammates. And if it's something I hate more than tattooed man, is overtattooed women. About the size of content... there are few pics inside, but every single one in PNG format! WTF?! Dev need to learn how to use Webp, Webm files instead, because after few releases game become pain in ass to download it, especially if there wont be "update only" files. :unsure:
As I said in my server and some other places too, I got a really good broadband connection so the 700 MB was like nothing for me but I forget it might be a pain for the others so... yeah I'll change the image format to webp for the next release. I'm really sorry about this:cry:

Reactions: magi2080

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Id join in on the yet another basketball college game train but since its yet to be done well (aside from the brief moments in Summer Gone) i'll wait and see how this goes.. looks promising so long as the mc drops the whole 'talking with DA slang' also was a bit short to really pass opinion on any story but for a demo it wet the appetite enough to give me hope we may actually have a dev who can deliver on both a sports/college game with relationships and not just an all out fuck fest

• Red Heart
Reactions: Midnight Riot

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Hot Shots! [Demo] Unofficial Android Port

I wan't to make android port for this game so enjoy.

- 132mb.

You can also join my discord server for more ports and support me.

MIkedante

Dec 10, 2019
As I said in my server and some other places too, I got a really good broadband connection so the 700 MB was like nothing for me but I forget it might be a pain for the others so... yeah I'll change the image format to webp for the next release. I'm really sorry about this:cry:
It wasn't problem to download something like this (no sweat to download 18Gb of S1+S2 of BaDIK ;)), I said that can be problem with overal file size after few releases. I hope this game will have few seasons with many chapters in it. Just imagine how big will be BaDIK S1+S2 file, if pictures inside was in PNG, instead of Jpeg. Jesus :ROFLMAO::p. Wanna help only.

• Red Heart

Midnight Riot

Game Developer
May 23, 2022
Renders are good and the story is kinda easy to understand. Hope in the future updates we get more choices, hope choices matter and have impact on the story and the relations with the girls, hope there is more choices to choose (instead of 2 to have 3) in the future,hope to see more girls on the game, hope that the story to be good and at same time getting choices in the matches. It has potential to be a good game.
Thx, mate. We'll do everything we can to make Hot Shots! the level it deserves.

Midnight Riot

Game Developer
May 23, 2022
Hopefully there will be actual basketball involved in the story this time around. Since a lot of other games out there use it as a premise/hook but then never do anything with it.
Man, I'm a real hooper, and I know the games you're talking about. This is why I decided to make my own BB theme game, ya know. I'm going to show you all how the real shit works because my PC sucks and I wasn't able to add more stuff in the demo, but I promise you I'm going to add the best basketball matches in the future.
Stay Awesome!

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The demo is very short, so hard to comment on that. The one thing that struck me and i'd suggest trying to address, is the eyes of characters in the renders. With exception of the MC's father, they're lacking highlights which makes characters appear dead (inside)

This can be easily addressed adding light source(s) to the scene marked to only affect specular lighting of the eye (sub)models/surfaces, something that should be doable in pretty much any 3d software. And since it's early, fixing existing renders shouldn't be too hard.

Midnight Riot

Game Developer
May 23, 2022
The demo is very short, so hard to comment on that. The one thing that struck me and i'd suggest trying to address, is the eyes of characters in the renders. With exception of the MC's father, they're lacking highlights which makes characters appear dead (inside)

This can be easily addressed adding light source(s) to the scene marked to only affect specular lighting of the eye (sub)models/surfaces, something that should be doable in pretty much any 3d software. And since it's early, fixing existing renders shouldn't be too hard.
Yep, some of the scenes suck for my taste, especially since I had to upgrade my Daz from 4.15 to 4.20 public build due to a really stupid error or bug, I'm not sure what it is, that messed up my entire lighting setup; that basketball scene (when the MC starts to play) and the MC interaction with the coach nelson (only the MC part) are the results of it, and I'm already working on it in my spare time.

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes