VN Ren'Py Hot Springs Academy [v0.4a] [Mirgosoft Games]

4.20 star(s) 43 Votes

CpartyC

Dec 13, 2017
Just had to write a comment I was legit surprised by the quality of the last scene. It was so good, well my gripe is too much monologue but overall great game
Can't wait see more of the game and by the looks of it, this will be one of the best games using honey select models. Cuz idk It shows so much quality. Keep up the good work!

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
But I wonder, do the choices matter? There is not a lot of them and it doesn't seem to change things a lot. There is even a 3 choices menu but only 1 option possible, is it intended or not finished?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Given that the greyed out choices say "There's nothing else to do", my guess is that this is supposed to be a joke. Like how some games give you a choice but it's just the same choice repeated multiple times.

Reactions: Mirgosoft

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
Given that the greyed out choices say "There's nothing else to do", my guess is that this is supposed to be a joke. Like how some games give you a choice but it's just the same choice repeated multiple times.
Yes, but we also showed that the MC really has no other choice in the current situation.

Reactions: \EGOIST

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
i'll admit i did get a chuckle out of that "choice" option. but in the back of my mind i was like "GOT DAMN YOU DEV!" why you gotta do me like this:LOL::cry:

SnowMelts

Dec 21, 2021
This game looks really promising so far. Sure there might be some spelling mistakes here and there but nothing that's unreadable or break the immersion.

The models actually look pretty hot especially the gyaru/bimbo ones with their painted nails. The humor is on point and judging by that last scene, it seems that the Devs won't disappoint with the animation.

All in all, a really enjoyable game. Excited for what's to come next. Best of luck Devs!

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
The cum animations on this are hysterical, he shoots more cum than a fucking whale.
Not bad, once you learn to stop thinking and treat it like a mindless movie from Micheal Bay, and can ignore the MC is dumb as mud.
Not going to lie, was disappointed when I found out the dev is Russian, the game could have been unique if it was set in the Russian school system, instead of Japan, at least it would have made sense with every girl being WHITE.

Also, the tags need updating, drugs and sexual assault.

• Haha
Reactions: NordDsl

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
Why so vehemently criticize the English translation?
I don't understand.
It's worth giving time to the developers, they will fix the translation, support on patreon is not so high to demand a professional translation.
Just need to be patient.
Because it's not going to draw many people if it doesn't make sense to the majority of the audience. How are they actually going to get a playerbase if the small majority of the people that are willing to give it a shot can't make heads or tails of it to begin with? It's just going to become more convoluted the longer it goes on otherwise. If you're actually trying to do this for a playerbase and make money off it and not just for a hobby, you're going to have to make an investment. You think the people that make games like Runey, Alorth, Jikei, and others use a cheap cpu to put out top quality renders? I know for a fact that alorth and runey have 3070s. So they get every penny's worth out of their renders and animations. If they want fair criticism, I'm giving it to them.

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Ohhh so he got himself a backbone then... ok this is now interesting to me. Lastly, the dialogue improvements though! Good one!

weirddude94

Jan 12, 2018
This shows promise but I'm deleting it before I get through all of the current content. I'm uncertain if there are plans to go back and redo the translation on the already existing content. It's currently just hard enough to read that it gives me a slight headache attempting to process what characters are trying to say to each other. I'd rather look at it with fresh eyes if/when a better translation happens.

Regardless, good effort so far, best of luck!

Reactions: ODX

ODX

Apr 3, 2018
This shows promise but I'm deleting it before I get through all of the current content. I'm uncertain if there are plans to go back and redo the translation on the already existing content. It's currently just hard enough to read that it gives me a slight headache attempting to process what characters are trying to say to each other. I'd rather look at it with fresh eyes if/when a better translation happens.

Regardless, good effort so far, best of luck!
I love the artwork and setting and the story seems like it might be interesting, but having to stop every couple of minutes to give my brain a chance to recover is a no go. I will continue to follow and try the game periodically, but if the translation doesn't improve a ton, I could never back it.

Codex07

Jul 21, 2019
The cum animations on this are hysterical, he shoots more cum than a fucking whale.
Not bad, once you learn to stop thinking and treat it like a mindless movie from Micheal Bay, and can ignore the MC is dumb as mud.
Not going to lie, was disappointed when I found out the dev is Russian, the game could have been unique if it was set in the Russian school system, instead of Japan, at least it would have made sense with every girl being WHITE.

Also, the tags need updating, drugs and sexual assault.
If it on russian school system,there will be new tags(graphic violence)and ik all asians actually had yellow skin but in country like japan and korean,most of their skin is actually white

Reactions: longsuper1

Codex07

Jul 21, 2019
Because it's not going to draw many people if it doesn't make sense to the majority of the audience. How are they actually going to get a playerbase if the small majority of the people that are willing to give it a shot can't make heads or tails of it to begin with? It's just going to become more convoluted the longer it goes on otherwise. If you're actually trying to do this for a playerbase and make money off it and not just for a hobby, you're going to have to make an investment. You think the people that make games like Runey, Alorth, Jikei, and others use a cheap cpu to put out top quality renders? I know for a fact that alorth and runey have 3070s. So they get every penny's worth out of their renders and animations. If they want fair criticism, I'm giving it to them.
Welp i guess you are not playing the game in early version,because most of f95zone game always have bad translation and as the time goes and they got more money,that's when they hire actually good translator,i'm my self is not even good at english,but i join lot of discord on f95zone,i see many people criticize about english translation while the game only got a lil bit typo,this game only have a bit of typo and grammar mistake,but overall i can easily understand the plot and the story

ODX

Apr 3, 2018
Welp i guess you are not playing the game in early version,because most of f95zone game always have bad translation and as the time goes and they got more money,that's when they hire actually good translator,i'm my self is not even good at english,but i join lot of discord on f95zone,i see many people criticize about english translation while the game only got a lil bit typo,this game only have a bit of typo and grammar mistake,but overall i can easily understand the plot and the story
I am going to take a guess that you are a non-native English speaker, because while there are only a few typos per se, the sentences are using weak grammar at best and words that don't fit the sentence at all. I had to guess that the MC suffers heatstroke upon arriving at the school, because that whole part didn't make any sense. It was only because the word heat was used over and over albeit incorrectly in many instances, that I was able to figure out the MC didn't just faint, but suffered heatstroke.

And that is just up to point we get to the infirmary. At that point I had to stop because my head was hurting so bad. So I saw there was a second update, came back and see the English isn't any better. So unless at some point in the near future, someone here tells me it got a proper translation, I will write it off as just another poorly written game.

Reactions: Codex07

Codex07

Jul 21, 2019
I am going to take a guess that you are a non-native English speaker, because while there are only a few typos per se, the sentences are using weak grammar at best and words that don't fit the sentence at all. I had to guess that the MC suffers heatstroke upon arriving at the school, because that whole part didn't make any sense. It was only because the word heat was used over and over albeit incorrectly in many instances, that I was able to figure out the MC didn't just faint, but suffered heatstroke.

And that is just up to point we get to the infirmary. At that point I had to stop because my head was hurting so bad. So I saw there was a second update, came back and see the English isn't any better. So unless at some point in the near future, someone here tells me it got a proper translation, I will write it off as just another poorly written game.
If you take a look at their patreons,they will hire professional translator when they reach 300 patrons

Reactions: AwsHen

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
If you take a look at their patreons,they will hire professional translator when they reach 300 patrons
I haven't played this one yet so I can't comment on the dialogue readability, but don't people offer free translations right here on F95? I see advertisements for it every once in a while even when I'm not specifically looking for it. Could use one of those until a pro can be afforded. There might even be some translators (or just grammar cleaners) in this thread. You'd be surprised what people are willing to freely volunteer when they really like a game. Throw a few custom renders at them or give them their name in the credits and it's a decent trade.

Reactions: ODX

Codex07

Jul 21, 2019
I haven't played this one yet so I can't comment on the dialogue readability, but don't people offer free translations right here on F95? I see advertisements for it every once in a while even when I'm not specifically looking for it. Could use one of those until a pro can be afforded. There might even be some translators (or just grammar cleaners) in this thread. You'd be surprised what people are willing to freely volunteer when they really like a game. Throw a few custom renders at them or give them their name in the credits and it's a decent trade.
Not really,i mean if you see any popular renpy,they prefer hire translator rather than free,because we know there is always volunteer but what the dev need is translator whose work is consistent,ofc if i'm a new developer and need a help,i will gladly accept any volunteer and at the same time,i will concern about it like,yeah they help me in this update,what about next update?will they help me or ask for more?(btw if you can't understand my english,welp sry but this is how bad my english is)

4.20 star(s) 43 Votes