VN Ren'Py Hot Springs Academy [v0.4a] [Mirgosoft Games]

4.20 star(s) 43 Votes

dark_mark

Oct 24, 2021
Can't even load the game...

After initialization, but before game start.
File "game/scripts/m_menu_screen.rpy", line 15, in prepare_screen
screen m_menu_backgr():
File "game/scripts/m_menu_screen.rpy", line 15, in prepare
screen m_menu_backgr():
File "game/scripts/m_menu_screen.rpy", line 61, in prepare
if renpy.has_label('dev_label') and 'anim_test_script' in globals():
Exception: A screen named anim_test_screen does not exist.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 652, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 97, in run
renpy.display.screen.prepare_screens()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 955, in prepare_screens
s.ast.prepare_screen()
File "game/scripts/m_menu_screen.rpy", line 15, in prepare_screen
screen m_menu_backgr():
File "game/scripts/m_menu_screen.rpy", line 15, in prepare
screen m_menu_backgr():
File "renpy/sl2/slast.py", line 1794, in prepare
raise Exception("A screen named {} does not exist.".format(self.target))
Exception: A screen named anim_test_screen does not exist.

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
I thought I had the ending fix installed, but I still get the save prompt after the bath scene...
Ending fix does not remove the prompt to save at the end of the game.
It only fix the missing endings scene after that and before you get to the main menu.

Game is filled with unnecessary choices that lead to the same outcome, what is the point?
The game isn't a deep simulator and designed mostly primarily for enjoyment without the need to worry about walkthrough (so you don't feel like you missed anything interesting).
All of the choices in the game are focused on exactly what you want to know about the girls (Behavior, reactions, etc.).
In the future, more choices will be added to skip some optional or sexual scenes (which may not be interesting for taste preferences).

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
The game isn't a deep simulator and designed mostly primarily for enjoyment without the need to worry about walkthrough (so you don't feel like you missed anything interesting).
All of the choices in the game are focused on exactly what you want to know about the girls (Behavior, reactions, etc.).
In the future, more choices will be added to skip some optional or sexual scenes (which may not be interesting for taste preferences).
Ok, not that I care that the choices are rather aesthetic for now (if we can avoid in the future, better than skiping, but in general it would also work for me, certain fetishes, sleep sex, femdom and maledom specifically, then for me it's enough), but I don't know how this fits well with the multiple endings tag.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
Wait, so this is a game developed in Russian, translated into English set in Japan.
Basically. I think my biggest issue though is it's machine translated. In the worst way possible. A lot of stuff just doesn't make sense, as a native english speaker. I feel like often times I'm missing critical information when it comes to jokes, idioms and such because they're just not interpreted or translated fluently. There's certain things the MC reacts in a certain way and it just doesn't make sense. Like that phone call with his superior. He acts confident majority of the time then completely caves a second later, and acts that way in lots of high pressured situations or with his little sister. It just doesn't flow right and makes no sense to an english native speaker which is why I feel like there's just really something missing in it. To fill in those gaps for us. It's not just those specific scenarios either, it's pretty much everywhere. the dude's more bipolar than anyone I've ever met before.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Yeah I struggled at first, especially that opening with the nurse and have no understanding of how a cock works, one thing for her to have no experience/virgin, but she should have learned the basics while training to be a nurse, or at least in high school, or doesn't Japan teach sex ed.
The writing isn't too bad, maybe because I have seen worse, or because I am dyslexic, and the MC comes off as dumb, not even knowing if the cop chick or whatever she is was his girlfriend or his own sister, or why everyone in Japan is white.

Then I made a choice, treat it like the last rebooted Mortal Kombat movie, just turn your brain off, don't try and think about Sub Zero being retconned to killing Scorpions family, or all the other stupidity, or that it makes Annihilation look good, just stop thinking.
Then it is kind of fun, although I am still playing, not thinking help, but still a slog.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Basically. I think my biggest issue though is it's machine translated. In the worst way possible. A lot of stuff just doesn't make sense, as a native english speaker. I feel like often times I'm missing critical information when it comes to jokes, idioms and such because they're just not interpreted or translated fluently. There's certain things the MC reacts in a certain way and it just doesn't make sense. Like that phone call with his superior. He acts confident majority of the time then completely caves a second later, and acts that way in lots of high pressured situations or with his little sister. It just doesn't flow right and makes no sense to an english native speaker which is why I feel like there's just really something missing in it. To fill in those gaps for us. It's not just those specific scenarios either, it's pretty much everywhere. the dude's more bipolar than anyone I've ever met before.
Yeah I struggled at first, especially that opening with the nurse and have no understanding of how a cock works, one thing for her to have no experience/virgin, but she should have learned the basics while training to be a nurse, or at least in high school, or doesn't Japan teach sex ed.
The writing isn't too bad, maybe because I have seen worse, or because I am dyslexic, and the MC comes off as dumb, not even knowing if the cop chick or whatever she is was his girlfriend or his own sister, or why everyone in Japan is white.

Then I made a choice, treat it like the last rebooted Mortal Kombat movie, just turn your brain off, don't try and think about Sub Zero being retconned to killing Scorpions family, or all the other stupidity, or that it makes Annihilation look good, just stop thinking.
Then it is kind of fun, although I am still playing, not thinking help, but still a slog.
I think it's more a writing issue than a translation one. Some guy said it doesn't make more sense in russian. But the story is pretty cryptic for now (at least my interpretation), some things are not quite understandable, partly due to the MC's amnesia.

NordDsl

Jan 3, 2019
I think it's more a writing issue than a translation one. Some guy said it doesn't make more sense in russian. But the story is pretty cryptic for now (at least my interpretation), some things are not quite understandable, partly due to the MC's amnesia.
Why so vehemently criticize the English translation?
I don't understand.
It's worth giving time to the developers, they will fix the translation, support on patreon is not so high to demand a professional translation.
Just need to be patient.

itfod

Apr 16, 2021
This is a surprisingly fun game! I approached it thinking it would be something of a homage to Waifu Academy, but it's actually got a style all on it's own.

Love the models - the english isn't the best, but it's serviceable, nevertheless. Could definitely use an english proofreader, but for now, it's fine.

Definitely like the sister models, as well as Chika and Akane. Saying that, not true sex yet, and I am definitely looking forward to a particular pink haired minx to getting the MC's first creampie. Was so sad that the two of them didn't end up going all the way in that final scene.

Also, Was there a point in the 'choice' system with the two blank above and below options? Feels like it's up-and-coming content, but it could also just be a red herring.

Anyway, a fair and acceptable game. Looking forward to the upcoming full sex scenes, and (hopefully) overflowing creampies.

Thanks for the great game devs!

WeirdFrank

May 30, 2017
At first I thought it was from the same dude who's making Waifu Academy, looks so darn similar, still gotta check the story content tho

Sabrox

Mar 4, 2021
В общем то, игра и на русском не слишком грамотно написана...
(translation: "In general, the game is not too well written in Russian...")
Ahahahahaha!!!
Nobody on all the Russian-language forums, where this game is posted, NONE of the people said even close to poor quality Russian version!
But I noticed something. It's not the first time the developer pokes you in the nose with his answers, to which you even have nothing to answer. :LUL:
The number of dislikes under your previous response is overwhelming. And you have nothing else to do, as so mean, but completely unfounded to hit the Russian version? :FacePalm:
Ahahaha! Terrible attempt. You should be ashamed of yourself, "Comrade Hater".
26d980069625961b288d6f36c0ccb038.jpg

Sabrox

Mar 4, 2021
I'm not the kind of person who is used to commenting on games often, but here even I'm shocked. The game is excellently made, both visually and conceptually. It's not afraid to differentiate itself from other games. And as Mirgosoft correctly pointed out, the game has almost nothing in common with the game everyone is always comparing it to here for some reason.
Are you seriously comparing Hot Springs Academy to that game where the developers have a habit of just taking other people's scenes, making minor edits, and telling fans how much they've done?
Are you comparing it to a game where the developers come up with a script already after the existing scenes?
They are so cocky that they don't even hide it in their posts about the current stages of development (e.g., images 100%, script 40%). Pfff... It's just ridiculous when the script depends on the renders and not vice versa.
Hot Springs Academy is a light, warm, action-packed game with no tense moments of revenge or showy violence (with rape, blood, etc.). These 2 games are different as light and dark.
I can see how in HSA the developers put their soul into even every detail of every scene!
Every emotion is perfectly adjusted to the situation, every skirt is corrected and doesn't fall into the girls legs, even every toe in its place. Separately I want to note the beautiful background locations and perfectly tuned lighting.

And yet almost no one who supports the game says anything back here.
If you think the developers have a lot of time to respond to everyone and they don't need your support in response to outright hate from the local crowd of haters, then that's your right to think so.
But you can be sure, all this situation can lead to is that the developers will completely stop reviewing this thread. Is that really what you want?

resgar

Mar 15, 2020
Nobody on all the Russian-language forums, where this game is posted, NONE of the people said even close to poor quality Russian version!
Well, there is someone doing wrong in internet. How can i stand idle? Now, when you mentioned Russian-language forums, i get it. There are real low quality bar in H-games. In general and especially in russian language. That is why i'm here, at f95, in first place, actually. And picking only 4+rated games i boosted up my expectations here.

Ok. We ll see what future updates brings us.

Be sure, i'm ashamed. I do not give up my words. But yet, too much posted here already.

Sabrox

Mar 4, 2021
There are real low quality bar in H-games. In general and especially in russian language.
Almost all of Russians are not used to paying for games due to their economic circumstances, and therefore do not know the value of even well-made games, which just much more often leads to criticism of even those things that have only very minor problems.
Many of the Russians, unlike Europeans are used to evaluating games not by how much they have advantages, but by how few disadvantages (a pissimistic, but more critical approach). Of course, this does not make Russians more correct and objective critics.
This is why many people deservedly consider the Russian-speaking community to be more toxic.
And if there was anything wrong with the Russian version, believe me, they would write about it more than once.
I'm Russian myself, which is why you, a respected hero and gourmet of quality games on the f95 forum, are telling the wrong person about the low quality bar in rating games on Russian-language forums.
And I ask only one thing of you. Stop embarrassing yourself even more by talking about things that are very easy to verify. :FacePalm:

Added: And I could do that to at least half of the local haters, but I don't think it would do the game any good.
So for everyone who reads this, I have only one recommendation. Don't be afraid to personally try and test or verify things judged by other people.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 43 Votes