VN Ren'Py Hot Springs Academy [v0.4a] [Mirgosoft Games]

4.20 star(s) 43 Votes

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
So.
From now on, please do not mention Waifu Academy or any other games in this thread.
We don't argue that this game is popular, but in our opinion it has a terrible reputation at the moment and we don't want something like this to undeservedly affect our game, which we've been working on day and night.
Hot Springs Academy is different and not conceptually focused on vengeance.
And also have a lot of other differences, which can make a wrong impression about our game.

That's why this thread is only about Hot Springs Academy.

No one forbids a comparison. We are against mentioning specific titles/abbreviations of other games.
We hope for understanding.
All future posts/reviews mentioning other games will be reported and then deleted by the forum administration (offtop reason).

Last edited:

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
So.
From now on, please do not mention Waifu Academy or any other games in this thread.
We don't argue that this game is popular, but in our opinion it has a terrible reputation at the moment and we don't want something like this to undeservedly affect our game, which we've been working on day and night.

Also, this thread is only about Hot Springs Academy.

All future posts/reviews mentioning other games will be reported and then deleted by the forum administration (offtop reason).
I agreed! It did share some models similar to that game but in the end your game are much more difference compare to it, I would be annoyed too if my own project got compare to any game. Hopefully everyone will enjoy Hot spring academy as it own than as a clone of Waifu academy

resgar

Mar 15, 2020
it has a terrible reputation at the moment and we don't want something like this to undeservedly affect our game
school setting
'investigation" main plot
head damaged MC
"curious" nurse
titty/slutty mum/sis
all girls around straight hanging on MC in sight

Sure, undeservedly affect. I think it just comparison is not in your favor. And you could do better than trying restrict comparison discussion. Work more on character development and actual story. You have all resourses. Just switch working hours from cat unnecessary animations and advertising.

You yourself got involved in this on such conditions, and now you are running from obvious competition for restrictions. How is that fair?

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
school setting
'investigation" main plot
Almost every harem game, you know?
You yourself got involved in this on such conditions, and now you are running from obvious competition for restrictions. How is that fair?
Just try mentioning a specific title of our game in their game thread and you'll see how quickly your comment disappears.
Game threads are designed to discuss these particular games. Everything else is offtopic.
If you want to compare multiple games to each other, you can always create your own thread in other sections of the forum.

Also, I think it's not hard to write your own opinion without comparing it to other games...

Last edited:

Holyyy

Dec 29, 2017
Almost every harem game, you know?

Just try mentioning a specific title of our game in their game thread and you'll see how quickly your comment disappears.
Game threads are designed to discuss these particular games. Everything else is offtopic.
If you want to compare multiple games to each other, you can always create your own thread in other sections of the forum.

Also, I think it's not hard to write your own opinion without comparing it to other games...
That's a terrible look. Comparing two games happens everywhere everytime. It doesn't matter which genre what publisher or what kind of games they are. You can either ignore comments about "unmentionable game" or you say that your game is obviously better, which up till now seems about right. This happened a LOT with a Summertime Saga which is game you really don't want to compete with.

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
Comparing two games happens everywhere everytime.
All I'm saying is that it's not necessary to mention specific titles or abbreviated versions of them when making comparisons.

And yes, I won't ignore when my game is compared to something not only unpleasant to me, but to many others as well.
This leads to the wrong guess that we, as developers, are no different than the developers of another game, either.

It really hurts the reputation of our game a lot, so I will definitely use such measures.
If you don't like something, feel free to create separate threads.

Reactions: makcim334

Holyyy

Dec 29, 2017
Just say unlike that other game we'll actually update our game and tell you if we can't for whatever reason. In my eyes that's a much better way to deal with this situation because of the Streisand effect.

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
Just say unlike that other game we'll actually update our game and tell you if we can't for whatever reason.
I don't understand your complaint, because it's normal for us to behave this way in a situation like this. Our patrons won't let me lie.
If you're used to some developers behaving dishonestly, that's not our problem. ;)

Reactions: punisher2099

bormos3

Jun 25, 2017
This game certainly seems much better, but I don't think that basically going "china censoring" on anything you don't like is going to get you far.

I truly do hope you succeed, but try to avoid pushing your censoring too far.

Reactions: Holyyy

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
This game certainly seems much better, but I don't think that basically going "china censoring" on anything you don't like is going to get you far.
Sorry to be impertinent, but it's funny to hear about the introduction of "censorship" on our side while it's okay on theirs. :ROFLMAO:
Again, no one forbids a comparison. We are against mentioning specific titles/abbreviations of other games.

Holyyy

Dec 29, 2017
I don't understand your complaint, because it's normal for us to behave this way in a situation like this. Our patrons won't let me lie.
If you're used to some developers behaving dishonestly, that's not our problem. ;)
Exactly!! That's how I would have handeled this weird situation from the beginning. In my opinion this is the perfect response to anyone comparing you to dishonest develepors.

Reactions: AwsHen

Holyyy

Dec 29, 2017

I truly do hope you succeed, but try to avoid pushing your censoring too far.
Sorry to be impertinent, but it's funny to hear about the introduction of "censorship" on our side while it's okay on theirs. :ROFLMAO:
Again, no one forbids a comparison. We are against mentioning specific titles/abbreviations of other games.
He didn't say anything about censorship being good on anyones side. He's right about censorship not getting you far though.

Reactions: Mirgosoft

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
In my opinion this is the perfect response to anyone comparing you to dishonest develepors.
It's not just about possible dishonesty, it's also about the fact that our project is different and not conceptually focused on vengeance.
And also a lot of other differences, which can make a wrong impression about our game.
After all, if people often compare a game to one thing, then any other person will eventually get the feeling that this is what the game is like.

Holyyy

Dec 29, 2017
It's not just about possible dishonesty, it's also about the fact that our project is different and not conceptually focused on vengeance.
And also a lot of other differences, which can make a wrong impression about our game.
After all, if people often compare a game to one thing, then anyone else will get the feeling that the game is just like that.
Then just say that. Otherwise people will just assume that the reason you are censoring comments is because you yourself have that feeling. Until now none of the more negative reviews about your game have even metioned the similarites to any other game at all. Stop censoring people, maybe correct them and move on making your game.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.4a + IC

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR

PLEASE don't @ me or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Size 338 MiB

Come find me on Discord:

Last edited:

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Is this game worth pushing on with, it looks good, but I just got done with the opening scene, and it was a fucking slog with how retarded it is, somehow this woman became a nurse and seems to have missed every single lesson in male biology, seriously, how the fuck does a nurse have no clue about cocks, seems like something they would teach while she was studying to be a nurse, or you know in high school.

NordDsl

Jan 3, 2019
Is this game worth pushing on with, it looks good, but I just got done with the opening scene, and it was a fucking slog with how retarded it is, somehow this woman became a nurse and seems to have missed every single lesson in male biology, seriously, how the fuck does a nurse have no clue about cocks, seems like something they would teach while she was studying to be a nurse, or you know in high school.
Dude relax, don't take the game so much as reality, enjoy the game,
because it was designed primarily to stimulate our genitals :D

Reactions: Saumonfume8

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
... a nurse and seems to have missed every single lesson in male biology, seriously, how the fuck does a nurse have no clue about cocks...
It's one thing to see a penis in pictures or in alcoholized form. It's another thing to see it for the first time in person or, even more so, to touch it. I doubt it's practiced everywhere.

Reactions: AwsHen

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
It's one thing to see a penis in pictures or in alcoholized form. It's another thing to see it for the first time in person or, even more so, to touch it. I doubt it's practiced everywhere.
In my country, nursing is a 4-year university degree. I don't know what it is like in other places. In any case, I doubt that all four years are dedicated to seeing penises.

4.20 star(s) 43 Votes