VN Ren'Py Hot Springs Academy [v0.4a] [Mirgosoft Games]

4.20 star(s) 43 Votes

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
seem's to me it could be a harem game. from what i see i would love them all lol. i would not mind a harem game here but that is up to the dev

Reactions: gadu2121

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
no harem?
seem's to me it could be a harem game. from what i see i would love them all lol. i would not mind a harem game here but that is up to the dev
Harem is in the planned tags under the Developer Notes.

As for the game at hand, first time trying it so to me it is all new (meaning the reworked stuff and all). Honestly, it wasn't that bad. I enjoyed it at least. Pretty tired of school games, but this kept my attention at least throughout. Even with HS, the graphics looked great and the animations were smooth. Translation could use just a tiny bit of work, but otherwise it is just fine.

I'm usually against forcing girls on the MC without any choice, but since harem is planned, then I can't really complain since we can have them all without consequences (though I still prefer the choice even in a harem game).

What kept my attention though is how this is not just simply another school "slice of life" story. Seems to have a supernatural element to it that we'll discover later. Though for me personally, seems a lot more time is spent on the "dating simulator" aspect than the actual story. But to each their own. It still has me curious at least.

So yeah, not too bad. Will keep an eye on it to see how future updates go. Best of luck with your project and thanks. :)

Reactions: ArhraCole

Zeruelll

Jul 17, 2018
Important changes to the English translation:
  • Changed "Brother" to "Nii-chan" for Misaki (a sweeter nickname, better fits the original meaning).
  • Changed "Sister" to "Nee-san" for MC (better correspong to the intented meaning).
  • (We understand that these are Japanese terms, but it feels much better than before.)
Well, the story is set in Japan anyway so it's a nice change. And most if not all subbed anime keeps it the same.

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
Thank you all very much for the comments.
We are glad that almost everyone liked the changes in the game!

Admittedly, the animations were not that easy to do, as there is actually a lot of work on the caress and some service category animations presented in HSA.
The reason for this is simple: in Honey Select there are often no animations that are really suitable for this, so we have to use several animations at once (and the process of combining them is not as easy as it may seem).

That's why many other projects try to avoid scenes with caresses if possible, using only the wide arsenal of standard penetration animations, or simply use the standard caress animations without changes, although not the most appropriate to the plot.

For example, the animation with Akane in the mini-pool in the showers in update 0.2 consisted of 4 different animations + using the Timeline plugin (custom animation plugin for HS). While, for example, there is no animation of fondling a girl's breasts from the back in Honey Select, etc...

Similar scenes are also in the current update, although some of them are a bit easier to implement.

I want to say one thing with all of this. Implementing really good quality, plot-appropriate caressing scenes in Honey Select is a lot harder than some oral sex scenes or almost any penetration scenes.

That's why, future updates you will see not only really many hot scenes with oral/penetration scenes :love:, but these updates will be released even more often, as the number of difficult caress scenes will be less in relation to the other type scenes.
And yes, the animations will be as unique and high quality as they are now.

Last edited:

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
no harem?
The situation is a little simpler. Our game does not yet meet all the requirements of this tag:
Harem [1 person being courted by at least 3 others, all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously.]

About changing "Brother" to "Nii-chan" for Misaki (a sweeter nickname, better fits the original meaning), etc...
Well, the story is set in Japan anyway so it's a nice change. And most if not all subbed anime keeps it the same.
Not really. It is just that in English there is no possibility of a tender form of addressing a brother in one word.
For example, in Russian and French there is such a possibility and it looks very cute. :)
This is why we took Japanese suffixes. In order to have more similarity with the original meaning (i.e. Russian/French).
But it's true that we did this just because our game has an affinity with the Japanese atmosphere.

GeezG

Dec 1, 2019
This is one of those updates to a game that feels lackluster to a returning player, but absolutely improves the experience for anyone discovering the game just now. The next update seems to promise a lot of new content, I just hope they aren't overpromising. I reckon they might get more support if they dripfeed one or two new scenes at a time on a more frequent basis. Because these scenes are really hot, but man is the wait between updates long.

Reactions: Saumonfume8

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
.... I reckon they might get more support if they dripfeed one or two new scenes at a time on a more frequent basis. Because these scenes are really hot, but man is the wait between updates long.
I completely agree with you.
The problem is that because of the memory system, our team can't release updates very often. This system interacts closely with all the events in the game, so certain changes to it require you to start a new game all over again.
That's why we don't want to force players to start the game over many times.
In update 0.5 we will finish this system, as well as fixes/additions to existing content.

After that, we will finish the work in this direction and we will continue to release updates every 1.5-2 months. ;)

Reactions: Motion11

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
I like this A LOT. Beautiful girls, great visuals, amazing animations and it even get me to giggle a bit. Only thing its missing is some music IMO.

However, if I understand correctly, the next update will still just add things to the current timeline without progressing the story? I hope this is just for early development. I understand devs wanting to do things as well as they can, but somethimes perfectionism can be an issue.

• Red Heart

cubba

Jul 12, 2018
I completely agree with you.
The problem is that because of the memory system, our team can't release updates very often. This system interacts closely with all the events in the game, so certain changes to it require you to start a new game all over again.
That's why we don't want to force players to start the game over many times.
In update 0.5 we will finish this system, as well as fixes/additions to existing content.

After that, we will finish the work in this direction and we will continue to release updates every 1.5-2 months. ;)
I like that approach. Build a solid foundation first and once that is done properly you can go nuts :)

SmallJoker69

Mar 12, 2021
I was putting this off till more patches come out. What a pleasant surprise!

What can I say about the game so far? The balance of text-to-scene ratio seems very good right now. Writing and pacing is pretty good, don't see myself skipping much text. Smiled and laughed a couple of times. Very little jarring grammar mistakes. Also, Honey Select is my favorite and I love when people try to go in-depth with animations in that particular engine. Ambient sounds are amazing, a little more soundtrack would be nice.

Will surely follow this project and recommend the game to anyone who asks. (y)
Good luck to the devs.

4.20 star(s) 43 Votes