Unity Hotel Elera [v202407041900] [Project Elera]

3.60 star(s) 13 Votes

Foxboy2002

May 16, 2020
newest update?
There is not any. This is the current version. Artist is Russian so they likely aren't getting their money washed through Patreon easily because of sanctions. No money = no reason to make anything.

Last edited:

shreckles

Sep 5, 2021
Small problem, game won't even start for me now.
Had it running yesterday no problem. Now I just get a black screen when trying to start the game.
No crashes, just a blank screen.

Tried deleting the app_data file along with the game folder for a fresh install but no luck. Also tried running in admin.
Was working fine yesterday, any ideas?

catsdino

Aug 6, 2019
Small problem, game won't even start for me now.
Had it running yesterday no problem. Now I just get a black screen when trying to start the game.
No crashes, just a blank screen.

Tried deleting the app_data file along with the game folder for a fresh install but no luck. Also tried running in admin.
Was working fine yesterday, any ideas?
might not be the game, might be system changes on your machine. Try checking changes.

jm0n

Dec 6, 2017
is there like any news or discussion on the patreon as to the current progress?
the last post was talking about a robot character i think, and said a test build would be posted 'soon', that was over 2 months ago

catsdino

Aug 6, 2019
is there like any news or discussion on the patreon as to the current progress?
the last post was talking about a robot character i think, and said a test build would be posted 'soon', that was over 2 months ago
They talk about progress and post pics on the discord. The last update on there were several changes shown and the dev also streamed some wip characters. a few days ago they showed some custom limbs on one of new characters.

KL-001-A

Dec 16, 2019
No new updates worth mentioning in the Patreon, as always. Nothing concrete anyway. Still the same "post bits of characters forever and not actually put them in the game" thing that the server's always done.
The only thing to note is that Elera is publicly stating that they really, REALLY need to hire a 3D modeler, but nobody will take the job and/or will make the character's in Elera's style and/or do it for an affordable price.
Mainly the last one, IMO; judging by the game's artstyle, I, as a 3D modeler who wouldn't touch this with a 10-foot pole, have to say I doubt too many people are jumping to the opportunity, and I guarantee some are even raising their prices to get out of it.
Like, commissioning a character model that really doesn't have any interesting quirks about them, no added functionalities, no fun shape keys, all for $3k; that's a straight-up rip-off, and half the reason why I figure it's basically a "fee" for having to make a character like that.

Like, it's not even a "ugh, you only like sexy pinup furry waifus" situation, the characters in this game absolutely look gross, borderline disgusting, pulled straight out of what I imagine some director's attempt at a horror movie making fun of furries would look like:
1. The nasty mix of "animal, but not" in a way that *isn't* good; especially the wonky emotions they show.
2. That weird greasy look they all have in their skin shaders that STILL hasn't been fixed, a sign Elera might actually like that and have it in on purpose.
3. The bump mapping that comes ever so close to triggering that "holes in things" phobia in me, especially on the nipples.
4. Oversized, greasy, female animal genitalia. (Also, people don't particularly like animal pussies, compared to animal dicks. Feels... dirtier, somehow.)

Literally the only memorable parts of the characters is that two of the three have big tiddies, and the third is an awful attempt at a knockoff Loona from that demon cartoon on Youtube that everyone used to be obsessed with.

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
I don't agree with all of that, I think plenty of people like female animal genitalia judging by tags on e621, but I do think they're mixing too many weird visual styles together and the sum total of it all is rather unsettling.

I like female animal genitalia but boy howdy I do not like the way all the girls just blow up like balloons when you put anything near them, it's so offputting.

Reactions: Jlan2000 and joni51
3.60 star(s) 13 Votes