Unity Hotel Elera [v202407041900] [Project Elera]

3.60 star(s) 13 Votes

jtm999

Dec 29, 2018
No new updates worth mentioning in the Patreon, as always. Nothing concrete anyway. Still the same "post bits of characters forever and not actually put them in the game" thing that the server's always done.
The only thing to note is that Elera is publicly stating that they really, REALLY need to hire a 3D modeler, but nobody will take the job and/or will make the character's in Elera's style and/or do it for an affordable price.
Mainly the last one, IMO; judging by the game's artstyle, I, as a 3D modeler who wouldn't touch this with a 10-foot pole, have to say I doubt too many people are jumping to the opportunity, and I guarantee some are even raising their prices to get out of it.
Like, commissioning a character model that really doesn't have any interesting quirks about them, no added functionalities, no fun shape keys, all for $3k; that's a straight-up rip-off, and half the reason why I figure it's basically a "fee" for having to make a character like that.

Like, it's not even a "ugh, you only like sexy pinup furry waifus" situation, the characters in this game absolutely look gross, borderline disgusting, pulled straight out of what I imagine some director's attempt at a horror movie making fun of furries would look like:
1. The nasty mix of "animal, but not" in a way that *isn't* good; especially the wonky emotions they show.
2. That weird greasy look they all have in their skin shaders that STILL hasn't been fixed, a sign Elera might actually like that and have it in on purpose.
3. The bump mapping that comes ever so close to triggering that "holes in things" phobia in me, especially on the nipples.
4. Oversized, greasy, female animal genitalia. (Also, people don't particularly like animal pussies, compared to animal dicks. Feels... dirtier, somehow.)

Literally the only memorable parts of the characters is that two of the three have big tiddies, and the third is an awful attempt at a knockoff Loona from that demon cartoon on Youtube that everyone used to be obsessed with.
this sounds pretty much like kinkshaming, though I understand why perhaps majority wouldn't take smth like that, still no need to write smth like that

Reactions: Jlan2000

KL-001-A

Dec 16, 2019
this sounds pretty much like kinkshaming, though I understand why perhaps majority wouldn't take smth like that, still no need to write smth like that
It's not kinkshaming, it's fact.

There's very few 3D modelers that do commissioned NSFW models, and I 100% can't think of a single one that does anything similar to the characters already in the game.
Elera's put the game right smack dab into a spot between a rock and a hard place, where the characters are too "feral-looking" for almost all anthro modelers, and too anthro for most feral modelers, assuming anyone's around to actually fill commissions at all, let alone one that is willing to do this feral-themed anthro vibe the game has going AND is willing to model all the vaginal, anal, throat and nipple stretching, plus the belly bulge mechanic.

TL;DR: I 100% think Elera's probably alone on this one until the point when the game gets an art style change.
...Or Elera goes overboard with it and gets full-blown training in 3D modeling to make things better and faster with a nice streamlined workflow (something I sorely lack, haha.)

Reactions: BT-22
Oct 10, 2018
Like, it's not even a "ugh, you only like sexy pinup furry waifus" situation, the characters in this game absolutely look gross, borderline disgusting, pulled straight out of what I imagine some director's attempt at a horror movie making fun of furries would look like:
1. The nasty mix of "animal, but not" in a way that *isn't* good; especially the wonky emotions they show.
4. Oversized, greasy, female animal genitalia. (Also, people don't particularly like animal pussies, compared to animal dicks. Feels... dirtier, somehow.)
I disagree, and I actually commend and encourage the artist for doing the models the way they did (concept or design-wise I mean. Not in the "3d modeler" sense, as I'm not informed on that front). I love the equine and bovine girls, and it's a hell of a breath of fresh air to finally see some proper females getting the treatment males have gotten that have been sorely lacking as a whole. I can only speak for myself, but I've been starved for content like this. They can use more emoting, sure. That part I agree with. But the less humanlike appearance is a draw for me and people like me. Hopefully they work on developing the game in a good direction and maybe fix some of the "modeling issues" you otherwise pointed out. But the overall design's gotta stay.

Elera's put the game right smack dab into a spot between a rock and a hard place, where the characters are too "feral-looking" for almost all anthro modelers, and too anthro for most feral modelers, assuming anyone's around to actually fill commissions at all, let alone one that is willing to do this feral-themed anthro vibe the game has going AND is willing to model all the vaginal, anal, throat and nipple stretching, plus the belly bulge mechanic.
I'd believe it.
To Elera: if you need to, keep looking up Blender tutorials and keep on learning. It'll be worth it for your own game as a starter, and prepare you for independent modeling and continued Blender use afterward. Ya can't lose.:BootyTime:

Reactions: joni51 and KL-001-A

Foxboy2002

May 16, 2020
Just FYI, Elera and Animopron are both Russians and getting any work or partnership with them will never happen. Period. Both logistically, economically in the form of them paying you for services, and emotionally. It's not going to be possible. You notice both of them pretty much froze everything they were doing around August-September when the 100th batch of sancations and bank freezes hit Russia. No money = no work because god forbid you release animations for free like it used to be.

Foxboy2002

May 16, 2020
Nobody that is a mature adult gives a single fucking shit about animal genitalia and bestiality-like games. Only sub-20 year old social media morons that are so far up their own ass and sexually insecure think that way.

rungtate

Aug 20, 2021
Nobody that is a mature adult gives a single fucking shit about animal genitalia and bestiality-like games. Only sub-20 year old social media morons that are so far up their own ass and sexually insecure think that way.
Pretty sure there are quite a lot of people that care about animal genitalia on characters. Bestiality type things are also fairly popular as well. If any actual furry likes only a generic human-styled penis on their random wolf/dog/cat/fox/horse type character then they are usually the odd one in that scenario. There's also a pretty good amount of anthro x feral bestiality type images out there and I'm sure at least a few games as well. They are more popular then you are sheltering yourself to believe. :)

Reactions: Rorsherk and Swedra

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
I'm pretty sure that they meant 'nobody cares' in the other direction. As in 'nobody is going to protest a game for having animal bits in it'.

Because yeah it's obvious there are a ton of people into that.

Reactions: Swedra

Foxboy2002

May 16, 2020
Pretty sure there are quite a lot of people that care about animal genitalia on characters. Bestiality type things are also fairly popular as well. If any actual furry likes only a generic human-styled penis on their random wolf/dog/cat/fox/horse type character then they are usually the odd one in that scenario. There's also a pretty good amount of anthro x feral bestiality type images out there and I'm sure at least a few games as well. They are more popular then you are sheltering yourself to believe. :)
No I'm replying about people that DON'T want it on there. Read the quote I replied to.

Reactions: Swedra
Aug 22, 2021
Stylistically I don't mind the way the models are built. Nonstandard anatomy can be really interesting if done well, and it certainly isn't novel in this genre.

My main objection is just that the proportions of these ladies' genitals makes absolutely no sense. They are clearly crafted in pair with the dildo-bat like accessories, but a vulva the size of a literal dinner plate that pinches into a front asscrack just looks funky to me.

Oct 10, 2018
Stylistically I don't mind the way the models are built. Nonstandard anatomy can be really interesting if done well, and it certainly isn't novel in this genre.

My main objection is just that the proportions of these ladies' genitals makes absolutely no sense. They are clearly crafted in pair with the dildo-bat like accessories, but a vulva the size of a literal dinner plate that pinches into a front asscrack just looks funky to me.
Don't know how anyone else feels about it, but it hits hard for a hyper-lover like me.

rungtate

Aug 20, 2021
My personal gripe about the models is that the toys in the game are huge and it would be nice to see the insertions go deep, but you can't. The models of the toys actually disappear after a certain point when inserting anywhere and there is only a false sense of depth to any hole on a character. You can poke and prod and spread all you want.... but there actually isn't any depth modeled into them and it's more of just a simulated entrance that quickly becomes a flat texture that you pass through. For a game all about the big girls and bigger insertions, it's all a little poorly done imo.

HishL

Feb 15, 2022
If someone was wondering, the file name for the new spawner toy is "__item_toy_spawn_halloween.000"

Reactions: McSalty

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
It's cute how you all assume everyone who like furry shit wants to BE a furry. I want to be the human fucking the furry, not remotely interested in being one.

BubblesTheAllMighty

Sep 22, 2020
When boobs are big, make the ass big, too.
Just because the tits are big doesn't always mean the ass is going to be big as well.
I have seen lots of females with large knockers but everything else is practically flat as a board.

I personally am not into big butts, any butts really nor do i see the appeal in looking at them.

There are many shapes and sizes and not everyone has the same preference is basically my point.

Reactions: Torinir

Dereth

Nov 12, 2018
It's cute how you all assume everyone who like furry shit wants to BE a furry. I want to be the human fucking the furry, not remotely interested in being one.
I absolutely agree. This is something the furry fandom pisses me off hardcore with all the time. Someone just shows the slightest interest in something anthro or furry related and they are chanting: "ONE OF US! ONE OF US!"

I have no problem to say that i tried to get into the community, but too many things are there that are just plain wrong. From pedophilia to outright disgusting habits they carry into the public.

Sorry but if you try to make others smell your often full diapers on your furry character or behave like a baby and what not, you have the "Hate"and trolling coming. You beg for it.
No one care what you do behind closed doors as long as you do not hurt someone/something or abuse a minor.

Yes i have a dragon as an OC, but the times where i tried to be a "furry" are long gone. I still have friends in the community but that does NOT make me a furry.

3.60 star(s) 13 Votes