temporical

Nov 9, 2018
Why is it in parts? is the game freaking 90gb?
I believe f95 only allows a certain number of storage with any download. A lot of the games you've probably played in the past on the forum are quite small, and probably didn't need parts. This goes true for VNs, most pixelated side-scrollers, and incomplete games. Which, mind you, is a large majority of the posts here. I have seen games up to around 2-3GB with mega, and a rare occasion of 5GB here and there, only through mega and mega alone though. This game is a little more chonky.

Sintheta

Mar 15, 2020
It is unclear in which genre the game is, is it a visual novel or is it still a shooter?
It has VN elements in story telling and UI (characters on left/right side of screen, text box centered on bottom, Ren'Py style buttons for most navigation) but the action part is more fighter than shooter.

BreedingTool

Nov 14, 2017
whatever happened to Hounds of the blade? or that third one. there was this, hounds of meteor, hounds of the blade and a third one with a blue haired girl. Had all these games (old versions) a while ago but must have deleted them by accident and now there nowhere to be found anymore. except this one and maybe hounds of the blade somewhere else on the internet.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Fly'earth

kspectr

Dec 8, 2018
My game stuck on dialog where Laki is threatening his boss with drug.
Changing to JP and locale didn't help.
Anything else I can try out as a fix?
Must be script error, since I can still open menu with "F"
Edit: Fixed by switching to Japanese LP, oh well.

Last edited:

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
Gosh this guys still keeps apologizing in nonstop mode. Just how hard japanese society harmed his mind.
If you never experienced it first hand, you'd have trouble even understanding the scale of "shame" that society puts into you.
My time there was basically learning that "if you are not sure of something, better apologize in advance". Even being grateful for something is in a way an apology/humility festival. For me it's a better alternative to the typical american bragging and cult of positivity but it's still far from healthy.

The only redeeming quality of that work culture is that, unlike the modern mainland Chinese, Japanese tend to be very perfection driven so they scam you on a much lesser scale...but that makes a lot of stuff a bother to deal with since they will always be looking for potential reworks and be unhappy with the results. This is also an explanation for those that wonder why Inui drops his projects - he has this sudden "Japanese Perfection" idea and tries to do things "better".

I honestly don't know what to tell you other than "don't put any weird ideas in his head" because he WILL see it as a form of criticism to his current work (a different idea means my idea is bad) and might restart shit all over again. For once, being supportive is the way to go :D

Nexano

Aug 1, 2018
If you never experienced it first hand, you'd have trouble even understanding the scale of "shame" that society puts into you.
My time there was basically learning that "if you are not sure of something, better apologize in advance". Even being grateful for something is in a way an apology/humility festival. For me it's a better alternative to the typical american bragging and cult of positivity but it's still far from healthy.

The only redeeming quality of that work culture is that, unlike the modern mainland Chinese, Japanese tend to be very perfection driven so they scam you on a much lesser scale...but that makes a lot of stuff a bother to deal with since they will always be looking for potential reworks and be unhappy with the results. This is also an explanation for those that wonder why Inui drops his projects - he has this sudden "Japanese Perfection" idea and tries to do things "better".

I honestly don't know what to tell you other than "don't put any weird ideas in his head" because he WILL see it as a form of criticism to his current work (a different idea means my idea is bad) and might restart shit all over again. For once, being supportive is the way to go :D
To put it fair and square i don't care about society opinion at all. Living my life as i want and don't intrude other ppl life is my main point and that's working for me.
Japanese mostly known for their "xenophobic attitude"(anyone who is not japanese not considered human) they were slaughtering сhinese until soviets kicked them out. After that they got "boom" from usa and only able to slaugtering themselves.
So now they seeking most weak, out of collective ppl inside their own nation and humilating them brutally often breakin ppl to point of no return or even leading them to suicide. Death from overwork - pretty "normal" thing for them too. But that's just tip of iceberg i don't relly want expand this topic. Wrong place and this will take too much time.

• Red Heart

Sum Gi

Nov 10, 2017
Gosh this guys still keeps apologizing in nonstop mode. Just how hard japanese society harmed his mind.
My time there was basically learning that "if you are not sure of something, better apologize in advance".
You should know this can be misleading. It's just etiquette in Japan. They apologize for any possible flaw because that's what's normal, especially in business communications. It's just like how people who work for big companies are often expected to use formal language in emails, or how in America people often shake hands when meeting or look at someone while they're talking. Not doing so can be considered rude, but that doesn't make it some huge emotional ordeal, they do it without thinking. It's more about making a show for the other person's benefit to demonstrate that you care without ambiguity. Just because he's apologizing a bunch doesn't mean he's beating himself up inside constantly, though some people do internalize it.

That said, this dev's language does seem to be a little on the extreme end. I'm more worried about them feeling like they're in a slump or unable to work. Probably the burnout which seems to be universal to people who are paid by fans. For whatever reason it seems like a lot of people's brains are just not built to handle that particular kind of stress.

Last edited:

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
You should know this can be misleading. It's just etiquette in Japan.
Of course I know that. Even an absolute tool will see through it after just a week there, and I was there much longer. At no point was I implying something else.

And no, there's no such thing as "just etiquette". As much as I was saying otherwise in the past, the culture and society around you does influence you more than you think. If you were raised in a culture that emphasizes certain things, these things WILL be around for decades. If you apologize profusely for any little shit, you will not only be seen as submissive but you will become more submissive over time because that is becoming your acting mechanism, regardless of your reasons. It will also affect your mental health because you have no way of "expressing yourself".

Yes, you have other thoughts inside you but what about it? You keep them bottled up, festering, because "that's the right thing to do". It's literally the same stuff as "I wish I told this guy to fuck off". You keep it inside you for months or years even, instead of just doing it and be done with it in one go. That etiquette is toxic for the people that are forced to use it everyday.

So, like I said, I still prefer it to the "american way", which is basically making "my problems become everyones problems"...but it is far from healthy.

Krashch1

Apr 30, 2023
Last edited:

Sum Gi

Nov 10, 2017
And no, there's no such thing as "just etiquette". As much as I was saying otherwise in the past, the culture and society around you does influence you more than you think. If you were raised in a culture that emphasizes certain things, these things WILL be around for decades. If you apologize profusely for any little shit, you will not only be seen as submissive but you will become more submissive over time because that is becoming your acting mechanism, regardless of your reasons. It will also affect your mental health because you have no way of "expressing yourself".
Mm. I won't deny that cultures have an impact. I am essentially a determinist after all, though I tend towards believing that differences between cultures are often overstated when compared to individual differences within cultures or commonalities shared across all cultures.

I mean America is by contrast a highly individualistic society relatively speaking, and many people here also have severe mental health issues because they are unable to express themselves. I think having festering bottled up thoughts and regrets is pretty much universal. Get one of those brash, outspoken people talking long enough and you usually find out they're actually the same way. So I won't say I disagree in principal, only in proportion. Perhaps I'm biased by feeling completely detached from my culture and feeling little compulsion to adhere to its norms.

Anyway super great game yup except for the big googly anime eyes on a semi-realistic model on topic on topic.

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
this is one of the best devs around nowadays smh...
in a world full of milkers, devs that only post fucking lame logs, videos, pictures, fucking nothing, or even worse recycled shit from a decade ago yes i'm looking at you oiran

on the other hand inui giving updates constantly, there's always new h scenes, new stages, new story, new gameplay
and honestly hounds of the blade was a pretty big game as well even if he never finished it, and considering hotm is kind of a sequel it adds to the mystery of what happened
and it's not like it'd be impossible to add some Aya reminiscence scene or something for the hype or a short story
i thought it was funny that he has never finished his games
the axe girl one
nanocrisis
hotb
but funny not in a bad way
the dude definitely works
and in a sense it's even good cuz we get to see many different heroines
oh yeah and there's the other heroines substories as well

But I guess it DOES make sense...
Inui cares about it, hence he feels this way, which is of course extreme.
You'll never see someone like Oiran worried because he doesn't give a shit, you'll never see Oiran apologizing and he is the one who should.

just a random example btw plenty or good and bad western and japanese gamedevs

inui is among the good ones no fucking question about it

EDIT: also what fucking post DUDES post the link so we can go cheer the man up

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017
I keep getting stuck on the navigation menu, so at start after being defeated in the AI lab on the street it happened the first time and I had to reload my save and it worked then

But now it has happened again after being defeated in rocke tunnel for first time and being rescued by sweep

The picture is also always missing when it happens (showing her face)

View attachment 3427657
So just an update on this issue, it seems it was just a bug with version 2024-01-29

I had downloaded version 2024-01-29 full not update and had done a fresh extract one at a time of each file. I did not use any cheats on it or any other mods and this bug kept occurring after game overs

I have now download and extracted version 2024-03-30 in the exact same way as I did for the other one and it all works now. So must have been a bug on the January release, surprised no one else had it, anyway all seems to be working now just wanted to give this update in case anyone else was having similar issue on the Jan 2024 version

• Red Heart

Yomiie

May 8, 2020
that's... a lot till now not completed version coz the content creator keeps updating Ci-en by Dogfactory

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Sintheta

Mar 15, 2020
whatever happened to Hounds of the blade? or that third one. there was this, hounds of meteor, hounds of the blade and a third one with a blue haired girl. Had all these games (old versions) a while ago but must have deleted them by accident and now there nowhere to be found anymore. except this one and maybe hounds of the blade somewhere else on the internet.
Hounds was abandoned and I didn't even know there was a third one.

If you're looking for them, one of the commenters in this thread has a signature with an archive that has all of them so just look around. I forgot their name so I can't tell ya :cautious:

• Red Heart
3.90 star(s) 14 Votes