3.80 star(s) 93 Votes

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
From Siren's patreon.

2023 Plans | Events, Secrets, New Faces

Hey everyone!

Today's update, I wanted to talk about my upcoming plans for House Chores moving forward next year!

== 2022 Thank You ==

Before I do that, I wanted to take some time and just thank everyone for playing and supporting House Chores this year. There's been quite lot of new players/supporters and I appreciate that from the bottom of my heart. It makes me happy to see what was originally meant to be such a short & small project grow into something larger!

But enough of the sentimental talk, you want to know about what's coming next!

== 2023 Update Contents ==

Most of the updates planned for 2023 will likely fall under 1 of the 3 following themes:

-- Busted --

With all 3 ladies having their 'home run' moments in-game, there's a lot of secrets being kept within the house. Eventually, something's got to spill so expect some developments there ;)

-- Travel --

Being cooped up in the house all summer isn't a healthy way to spend it so I have some ideas for each character where they may decide to travel somewhere with the main character. Like a short post-game story for each girl.

I want to keep House Chores as a close quarters-styled game so these new locations would just be seen during the travel events themselves. This way, the overall scale/scope of HC still stays within reason!

-- New Faces --

Whether it's Linda's friendly neighbor, Emily's BFF, or even a special food delivery, I want to try and introduce a couple of new faces in 2023 for House Chores!

These encounters will be brief and will likely pair up with one of the original 3 ladies. I think Julie/Linda/Emily could be heightened by other friends/acquaintances offering new unique situations.

=====

Between these three types of themes, I think updates in 2023 are going to be a lot of fun! I hope you all are looking forward to some of these ideas that might be making their way soon.

I want keep this update brief so that's all for today! However, stay tuned for a first look at the next update.

Thank you all so much for playing House Chores! I'll see you all soon with more updates! =D

Gmeng

Jul 14, 2017
Help I don't have a save folder
If you're just starting a new game, that's normal. The game will make a Save folder when you make a save in-game.

If you're transferring a save, you can either manually make a new save folder or just copy+paste the old one over

Reactions: ylmforever902201

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
From Siren's patreon.

ProgressReport8.png

House Chores Beta 0.11 | First Look!

Hey everyone!

Today I wanted to take a deeper look at the next update coming to House Chores, Beta 0.11!

== Julie ==

One thing that is certain is Beta 0.11 will focus on Julie! She'll be getting new interactions around the house including some on-screen scenes that are currently in progress! With so many rooms, you have to make use of them all, right?

It's taken me a little longer to post this first look because I've been back and forth on if the main content of this update will focus on the "busted" storyline or the "travel" storyline like I mentioned in the previous update.

Luckily, at this point, I'm quite certain this will be a travel update with a brand new location that you'll be able to go to with Julie. I feel it's important to learn a little bit more about her back story and this update will focus on that before any group activities begin. She'll also need to wear an elegant new outfit for the occasion ;)

Once her new outfit is complete, I'll be sure to share it here for you all!

== Backgrounds ==

Since this is the first 'travel' update, there's a lot that I need to play around with and test. But some of you might be wondering about the need for a new background.

I'm going to try using more traditional VN backgrounds for these new locations which means they're already complete! But a top priority is making sure the backgrounds fit in and don't clash with the general art style of House Chores.

If I'm just not happy with the results, then maybe I'll make a quick pivot to the 'busted' storyline, hah! Or maybe I'll need some extra time for a custom background. I'll keep you all updated.

There's still some time to make those final decisions since the art that's currently in progress will work for either direction that the update goes in.

=====

That's all for this first look update! Stay tuned for more teasers/sneak peeks of the update as it continues to progress!

Thank you all so much for playing House Chores. Have a Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays! I'll see you soon with another update =D

Reactions: CptRexx and nln0

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
1.PNG

Julie (House Chores) Vs Jessie (Zombie Retreat 1)

Caroline (Zombie Retreat 1) Vs Linda (House Chores)

Reactions: nln0
3.80 star(s) 93 Votes