3.80 star(s) 93 Votes

Qwasar

Apr 20, 2017
Hah. Certainly much more toxic here than a couple months ago when I last visited this thread.

Anyways, wanted to clarify some stuff since a large number of critics seem to be here.

- Scammer-
This one's pretty humorous because when I started NSFW game design in 2017, I made it a goal to create a reputation of consistency and reliability as that was a common critique in the community. Come 2021 I think I've managed to release an update to a game atleast once every month (maybe missed 2/3 months?) while maintaining consistent communication through Patreon/Twitter.

I clarified the situation regarding the delay in House Chores and yet it all comes full circle and I'm seeing the word scammer tossed around. Can't win there, I guess.

-RPG Maker-
Understandably, many wonder why I chose RPG Maker as the engine for House Chores. During Alpha testing, I experimented with a couple engines:

Renpy - hated it. Too coding focused (I'm not a proficient coder by any means) and personal experience with Renpy games were troublesome. Hard crashes, incompatible saves, etc

Visual Novel Maker - mixed reaction. First couple updates used this engine and I grew to hate it for multiple reasons. Random crashes, sluggish engine, lack of community support

So why RPG Maker? It's the engine I know in & out. I was incredibly surprised to see how well a VN could actually run in this engine. It comes with limitations but the familiarity is a huge advantage for working efficiently & effectively. If you're dismissing the game solely for the engine, I mean, I'm not going to bed & plead that you play the game but I definitely encourage giving it a chance. It's pretty neat what this engine is capable of.

-Black Screen-
The biggest said issue with using RPGMaker. I added an option for Low Quality mode which cuts the animation in half (slightly choppier loop & no blinking). Seems to work so far. Sorry for those frustrated by that issue.

-Pacing-
Game's still a work in progress. A common complaint with games is they take too long to get to the action. If I go to the action soon, it's still an issue lol. Over time, I plan to add some CG & other things to help pad out each character's story a bit more and I've been tweaking some dialogue to help provide a bit more context to why things happen on Day 2 so fast.

I do want to avoid artificially stretching gameplay to the point where it becomes a literal chore so there's a sweet spot I'm still working to hit.

VN's are also very unexplored territory for me. I've played some as of late and feel I'm starting to 'get' the genre a bit better but obviously I have much work & improvement to go. I'll keep working to improve this!

-Multiple Games-
Understandably, a lot of people think I'm stretching myself thin working on multiple games at a time. I won't confirm or deny that but it is the work flow I prefer the most. When I started Town of Passion, the goal was monthly updates. I realized quick that that was going to be incredibly toxic. The artist needed significantly more time and I was stressing hard about it. So then I started working on Zombie's Retreat to help offset the wait time for art. And eventually, in the background, I started House Chores too. Could I work on just one game? Sure. Will I? Nah. It won't result in a specific game getting finished much faster.

(Someone recently also mentioned Anal scene. You're right, it's definitely not my thing but I'll likely add one anal scene at least in HC for the folks who enjoy that!)

This will probably be my last post on f95. A lot of positivity and support but also some pretty harsh & frequent negativity. A lot of critiques are pretty flat: "this game & dev are shit". Can't improve based off of garbage feedback like that and I'd rather not sort through it either. Regardless, big thank you to the people who are supportive and constructive! For my own mental consistency, being on here certainly won't help though so I'll be signing off. Much love!
another proof that internet is full of retards that make good people run away.
As a human I'm so fucking ashamed to share 99% of my dna with these guys...

Keep up the good work Siren

Qwasar

Apr 20, 2017
Here is the changelog for 0.5 for those incapable of reading the changelog in the HELP FILES when you download the update:

0.5 Changelog

Major Scenes added:
Linda Sex (bedroom)

On-Screen Scenes Added:
Linda Paizuri (bathroom)
Linda Sex (kitchen)

== New Content ==
House Chores is finally back! With a new artist on board, this project is able to continue on better than ever.

This update finishes the 'main' storyline for Linda. What I mean by that is the build up from the start of the relationship to
the first intercourse scene. There will very likely be more scenes for Linda in the future still.

== Game Changes ==
-Added character descriptions in the pause menu
-Added support for custom mouse cursor (helps give it a 'visual novel feel')
-Some choices during Linda's story now have a passion or lust indicator. Choosing enough of one option will slightly change some dialogue and events during her story.
-Rebuilt stats system for Linda & Julie
-This is mostly to help me program the game easier. This shouldn't affect the player's experience aside from maybe
needing slightly more affection/action points than usual if transferring a save file over
-Partially rebuilt Julie's storyline using this new system
-Again, this shouldn't drastically affect players but the notifications may be slightly different now when interacting
-This has only been partially worked on. If it breaks part of her story I will fix that in an update soon after lol

== Other Misc Changes ==
-Minor tweaks to dialogue in older content
-Semi major change to the dishwashing scene before the Linda BJ scene
-Tweaks to original HJ scene to get smoother transitions

Exact copy from the txt file. Odd that there is a topless scene during the HJ available in the files, from what I've read in the past, it wasn't added as an option in this update.

There is no gallery. Once you've met the requirements for each scene, they can be replayed whenever.

Also attached is a save with all the new scenes unlocked. Just revisit their locations to see them:

Kitchen sex: During the day. In the kitchen. Yeah, I am not mentioning that.
Paizuri scene: Evening, in the bathroom.
Bedroom sex: At night. Go to her room.
I would add this to the changelog in the OP

Reactions: crysman2000

Deleted member 62788

Jun 10, 2017
0.5.2 Changelog

-Added a little more dialogue with Linda on Day 1
-(Adds a bit more context to the pace of Day 1 & 2's events)
Yeah I started over and went through it all. Due to when I last played its hard to tell what has changed. I do hope its a priority project at point because it has tonnes of potential.

rlgrlg

May 14, 2018
not a hater, just telling truth, this game have much potential but after 2 years didn't progressed anything..such a shame
I don't know if you checked the whole story. The original artist abandoned the project, and Siren explained it to everyone. The reason you seem like a hater is that you're treating this situation like a normal scam, when the developer just pop out of existence and continues to milk patreons for a long time. Siren is a very active and communicative developer, with a couple finished games and never stood silent about what was happening with House Chores. For the same reason that we should not give money to scammers, i think we should give credit where it is deserved. It's our hobby after all, and being overly passive against scammers is as bad as being overly suspicious with developers that actually care. Give it a thought!

PePeTheCoCk

Apr 6, 2020
Hah. Certainly much more toxic here than a couple months ago when I last visited this thread.

Anyways, wanted to clarify some stuff since a large number of critics seem to be here.

- Scammer-
This one's pretty humorous because when I started NSFW game design in 2017, I made it a goal to create a reputation of consistency and reliability as that was a common critique in the community. Come 2021 I think I've managed to release an update to a game atleast once every month (maybe missed 2/3 months?) while maintaining consistent communication through Patreon/Twitter.

I clarified the situation regarding the delay in House Chores and yet it all comes full circle and I'm seeing the word scammer tossed around. Can't win there, I guess.
Dude youre a real gem.
Devs like Icstor, NergalstNest, Whootch, MrZZ, Gumdrop & so on and so forth destroyed the reputation of h game devs.
You on the other hand bring hope to this industry with other awesome devs like NLT & MrDots keep up & if a problem occures communicate with us & we will understand the only condition is it have to be true than were fine.

Ask34

May 3, 2019
I don't know if you checked the whole story. The original artist abandoned the project, and Siren explained it to everyone. The reason you seem like a hater is that you're treating this situation like a normal scam, when the developer just pop out of existence and continues to milk patreons for a long time. Siren is a very active and communicative developer, with a couple finished games and never stood silent about what was happening with House Chores. For the same reason that we should not give money to scammers, i think we should give credit where it is deserved. It's our hobby after all, and being overly passive against scammers is as bad as being overly suspicious with developers that actually care. Give it a thought!
i think i missed explained part :) just i don't want to waste a game such a potential..hope there will be a big update a.s.a.p

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
not a hater, just telling truth, this game have much potential but after 2 years didn't progressed anything..such a shame
What do you mean? You can have sex with the mom in the latest update.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Is there any way to play this on MAC?
Yes, but you have to do a bit of work.

Download the windows version, unzip and look for a folder called 'www'.
Rename this folder to 'app.nw' (without the quotes)
Now download RPGM for Mac (it's Mac, not MAC btw). Links to the various versions are here: https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-mv-engine-all-versions.32358/ For this game you need 1.6.1.
Unzip and look for an app called 'game'. Right click and choose Show package contents.
Go to /Contents/resources. There you'll find a folder called app.nw.
Delete that folder and put the renamed folder from the 2nd step in its place.
Optional: rename the app 'game' from step 4 to something more appropriate.

Now you have a Mac version.

God_Batman

Feb 8, 2018
they didn't had someone to make the scenes, they were searching but a just a few months ago they found someone, now the game is up and ready to get going till the end

Reactions: Ask34
Feb 22, 2021
This game has so much potential and the art is one of the best and cleanest I've seen. I just wished it was updated more frequently and with more content in its updates. Like the new update took 8 months and only one new scene was added. I played zombie's retreat and I already like this game more so I really want this to be expanded on.

3.80 star(s) 93 Votes