3.90 star(s) 94 Votes

Mokochii

May 31, 2021
From Siren's patreon.

View attachment 1233682

Julie Redraw Revealed!

Hey everyone!

Today I'm happy to share with you all Julie's new look moving forward in House Chores!

With Julie, I wanted her to be a bit more dynamic than the initial design so her new bust comes with a more expressive set of emotions. I think this will better match her personality since she's very gaudy and exaggerated in regular conversation.

Additionally, I wanted to emphasize a little more her slim yet busty body type. The original bust has her a little thicker which, normally I wouldn't mind but it didn't feel right for Julie. Julie's very conscious of her appearance, often doubting her own appeal and as a result tends to eat and live a very healthy lifestyle. She could probably cut back on the wine a tad bit but I think that's going to all the right places ;)

Lastly, I wanted to include a new costume/outfit for her to occasionally be in so redrawing the bust meant that we can easily add new costumes in the future as well!

For the most part, her design was kept the same at it's core but it's definitely a big change compared to Emily's redraw which kept most of the pose & other details similar.

=====

Now that this redraw is complete, the artist is working on an upcoming scene so things are moving forward again with brand new content!

As far as a Linda redraw goes, I do plan to give her one too to keep a visual uniformity going on, however, it's a much lower priority so it won't be happening anytime soon. Likely in an update that includes new content for her. There's still a backlog of new NSFW scenes & backgrounds that need completing so those are the focus for now!

I hope you all enjoyed this reveal. Thanks for your support and I will see you all soon with more news regarding the next update!
I prefer the old one though

EagleDye

Nov 18, 2018
Question not sure if everybody has the same issue but for some reason after quitting the game and opening it back i cant continue (or my saves are not there at all)

edit: nvm fixed it my bad

Last edited:

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
Question not sure if everybody has the same issue but for some reason after quitting the game and opening it back i cant continue (or my saves are not there at all)

edit: nvm fixed it my bad
Maybe include how you fixed it? There might be people with the same issue looking for the problem. Reading your post can then be helpful to them (y):)

EagleDye

Nov 18, 2018
Maybe include how you fixed it? There might be people with the same issue looking for the problem. Reading your post can then be helpful to them (y):)
Ah well not sure if this will actually help to those who have extracted the game file from zip file but for those who didnt and still use the zip file, it will ask if you want to save the changes to the archive (i usually press no or exit button and they save anyway) in this cause just press "YES"

Reactions: WSmith

Archgetto79

Dec 9, 2019
old one looks better imo. honestly i dont think they even need to redesign the character.
...You Are So Right. (y)
Now We All Know The Reasons Why They Chose To Redesign... To Make The Game Look Better, But... Now Sorry To Say, But It Doesn't. :cautious:
...Looks Good, But Not Great...Not Like The Old Design. :unsure:
So, Yeah!! I Do Agree BIG-TIME To What Someone Said Earlier Before. You All Should've Asked All Of Us Before Doing That. :cautious:
But Hey. Oh Well. :rolleyes:
Just Please Do So Next Time... ;););)

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
From Siren's Patreon.

ProgressReport3.png

Release Window: July!

Hey everyone!

Didn't realize it's already been nearly 2.5 weeks since I revealed the new Julie design. Time flies X_X

Wanted to spend some time today just updating everyone on where the progress was for this next update of House Chores.

== Art ==

The new scene that will be featured in this new update to HC is complete! Still needs to get animated but the art itself is finished which is usually the lengthiest part. It's a juicy one ;)

As mentioned before, a big part of this update was getting Emily redrawn so she now has proper expressions. In addition, Julie's bust was re-done to support costumes and give her a more appropriate range of emotions too for her bright personality! - a lot of future proofing tasks that needed to be done.

No new backgrounds/locations just yet. This was the thing I was hoping to add in this update but the redraws kind of took priority. The next update should focus on Emily and will include AT LEAST 1 new location. Ideally, there are two locations I want to add though, her room & the laundry room.

Now, Mogucho (the artist) is working on some new clickables. These are the overworld objects/characters that you see during parts of the day. This is all that's left to get done as far as art is concerned right now.

== Release Window: July ==

Going to need time to obviously let art get finished but also put the update together. For the most part, I don't think this update will take me too long as it's mostly adding a little bit more to Julie's story and patching up the sloppy job I did with her initial progression system. (Under the hood, it's terrible. I was pretty stressed at the time of that update I think hah...)

I don't see myself needing to push the update into August but if I do run short on time for any reason, I'll keep you all updated! Like I said though, don't think that'll be necessary.

Normally I wouldn't address this but I did see some impatient comments over on the itch forum. Really appreciate people's enthusiasm and excitement to see new House Chores updates but I can't stress enough: it takes time to get the art done and put it all together.

The 6+ month wait between updates should be a thing of the past. (This was due to losing the og artist and finding a new one). But with the backlog of backgrounds, clickable objects, & bust refreshes, I won't be able to deliver with an update every 2 months quite yet. We're getting there though! Especially with Emily's update where I hope to have some of those new backgrounds done. Those are huge roadblocks that eat up precious time that would otherwise be used for NSFW scenes.

Appreciate everyone staying patient though! Trying to keep the wait between updates as short & efficient as possible X_X

=====

That's everything for this update! Stay tuned for, likely a $3+ teaser of the new NSFW scene and then soon after, I think that update should be getting close to completion!

Thank you all so much for your support and I will see you all soon!

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
Now We All Know The Reasons Why They Chose To Redesign... To Make The Game Look Better, You All Should've Asked All Of Us Before Doing That. :cautious:
But Hey. Oh Well. :rolleyes:
Just Please Do So Next Time... ;););)
1) the reason wasn't to make it look better, but because they changed artists and didn't want to have two different looking "aunts" running around because the new artist has a slightly different style and can't copy the original 100%.
2) asking everyone always about such things destroys vision. Not everyone will agree on everything, and it's tedious and takes ages to get anything done that way. Even though I liked the original better (slightly), I still agree 100% with their method.

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
1) the reason wasn't to make it look better, but because they changed artists and didn't want to have two different looking "aunts" running around because the new artist has a slightly different style and can't copy the original 100%.
2) asking everyone always about such things destroys vision. Not everyone will agree on everything, and it's tedious and takes ages to get anything done that way. Even though I liked the original better (slightly), I still agree 100% with their method.
Well, maybe I'm only one here but for me it would be much better to continue with new art style and return to redo old scenes when game is finished then make already slow development even slower.

Reactions: jackkane

krosszx

Jan 4, 2019
The original artist stopped working on the project. The redesign is from a desire to make the art uniform.
if that's the case then are they gonna have to redraw all the existing scenes too since they're planning to redraw linda too? that's a lot of work

ah well i hope the quality will stay the same.
-
not that i mind but like people said above, im getting tired of anime'ish artstyle.

i do agree on this
if im the artist, im not gonna be comfortable working around copying other artist artstyle. but the artist has done a good job imitate the core of the design.

still miss the old artist though, that bj scene was the best 2D animated scene i have seen so far.

Last edited:

Archgetto79

Dec 9, 2019
...Oh Yeah!!...
I Remember That You'd Said That Before... Mad Bad. :unsure:
So Yeah...
Now I Totally Feel You On The Whole Redesigning Thing. ;)(y);)
Keep Up The Great And AWESOME Work... :D:D:D

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
Well, maybe I'm only one here but for me it would be much better to continue with new art style and return to redo old scenes when game is finished then make already slow development even slower.
if that's the case then are they gonna have to redraw all the existing scenes too since they're planning to redraw linda too? that's a lot of work
I think they chose to do that for this character because she didn't have any real content, and the next update would feature her heavily. So, relatively speaking, the old content to be re-drawn would be minimal. I'm guessing they would do the same for the room mate when she gets her update.

Reactions: Jarul

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
From Siren's patreon.

JulieC.jpg

Release Imminent! 1 - 2 Weeks

Hey everyone!

Quick little update today but the next update to House Chores should be releasing in roughly 1-2 weeks from now!

I can't give an exact release date yet because I'm hard at work with Zombie's Retreat 2 as well this month. Balancing between the two games makes it harder to predict when each one will be finished. No need to worry about delays. Both updates are coming along smooth and HC in particular will be an easy one-

All of the art that I need for the update is finishing up and all I have to do now is finish putting it all together!

== Short Update ==

I want to make it very clear right now, this update will be incredibly short.

From a player's perspective, this update mostly is just adding the scene from the yoga workout that, to be honest, should've been included in Julie's original update last year. Because of that, it won't take players long at all to see the added content. Some minor dialogue/changes will be made too but that's the gist of it.

However, getting Julie & Emily's refreshed designs is super important for the game as a whole moving forward. Linda will get updated too when the backlog is less severe.

The next big task is to work on adding a new room- I think it'll be Emily's room. Not quite sure yet as I need the laundry room as well for both Linda & Emily actually. I imagine these will take some time to do. But once they're done, the gigantic obstacles are mostly out of the way!

== Concluding Thoughts ==

I feel like I'm often apologizing or typing some sort of 'damage control' post when it comes to HC. I know you guys are often understanding and patient which I appreciate. I also know I won't be able to please everyone either. So in the future, I'm going to stop apologizing every damn post. I think those who support and follow the project can hopefully see that sense of stability coming to the project now.

Thoughts during my spare time- This will likely be the only sandbox visual novel I ever make, haha. Any future visual novel's will have the more traditional linear style: No clickables and likely no custom backgrounds. I actually already have an idea for a visual novel after HC is finished up!

In the mean time, thank you all so much for your support! I'll see you with another post which will detail the exact release date and then the update will follow shortly after! =D

3.90 star(s) 94 Votes