3.90 star(s) 94 Votes

Jeroen

Jun 16, 2017
This game's been out for almost two years now and the bulk of the updates have been rewrites, redesigns, re-whatever. It's quite frustrating coming into this thread now and once again reading that after waiting for 3 months the next update will be another one of those small content updates with big changes in the background.

Don't release an update if it doesn't have a good amount of new content. It's so disappointing expecting a game to release after a certain time only to be confronted with yadayada yea massive changes in the background were essential so it took longer than expected and there's barely any new content in it but you're still going to have to wait nearly 4 months for it.

The game is amazing. The art is fantastic. But holy crap, the updates have been a disaster. The original plan was to finish this game in summer 2020. Sure, the original artist left, but we're still nowhere near the ending.

Don't make promises you can't keep!

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
This game's been out for almost two years now and the bulk of the updates have been rewrites, redesigns, re-whatever. It's quite frustrating coming into this thread now and once again reading that after waiting for 3 months the next update will be another one of those small content updates with big changes in the background.

Don't release an update if it doesn't have a good amount of new content. It's so disappointing expecting a game to release after a certain time only to be confronted with yadayada yea massive changes in the background were essential so it took longer than expected and there's barely any new content in it but you're still going to have to wait nearly 4 months for it.

The game is amazing. The art is fantastic. But holy crap, the updates have been a disaster. The original plan was to finish this game in summer 2020. Sure, the original artist left, but we're still nowhere near the ending.

Don't make promises you can't keep!
Part of the reason for things getting this way was as you said the original main artist leaving. The artist that took his place was the lead artist for Town of Passion. Then because of the artist change they needed to update the art to fit with the new artist. An that took time to create because when this was going on Town of Passion was in its final stages. Keep in mind Siren does not create any of the art for any of his games (check his twitter for proof of that). So he was caught between a rock and hard place when it comes to House of Chores. But with Town of Passion done and Sexy Quest not even close to release. The majority of his work time should now be split between House of Chores and Zombie Retreat 2.

NeutralHatred

Aug 9, 2020
V6.0 is out now, any heroes?
Am I a hero, though? You didn't pay for this. Maybe I'm Robin Hood. Yeah. I'll accept that.

Beta v0.6.1:
Beta v0.6.3:

FYI: Sounds like basically nothing added to this update. Julie standing in the bedroom in her yoga outfit and I guess some various dialogue changes.

Last edited:

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
Am I a hero, though? You didn't pay for this. Maybe I'm Robin Hood. Yeah. I'll accept that.

Beta v0.6: Windows | Android

FYI: Sounds like basically nothing added to this update. Julie standing in the bedroom in her yoga outfit and I guess some various dialogue changes.
It looks like he is uploading an emergency hot fix. You may want to wait a second.

pj13

Apr 22, 2018

Beta v0.6.1: Windows | Android

There's 1 scene added.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Lift weight (click on weights) in linda's room. and spy on her masturbating in the morning. Keep doing this until you get an exclamation point and a message that you're ready for couples yoga. then day time do yoga and option couples yoga will be there.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
There's 1 scene added.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Lift weight (click on weights) in linda's room. and spy on her masturbating in the morning. Keep doing this until you get an exclamation point and a message that you're ready for couples yoga. then day time do yoga and option couples yoga will be there.
Hmmm.. Getting error:
Failed to load: img/pictures/3lqAuntTF2[4x4].png

Reactions: CartonofMilk

NeutralHatred

Aug 9, 2020
Android got a 0.6.2 patch but nothing else for PC. Updated my link. Here is the latest post from Siren:

"Hotfixes!

Hey everyone!

In case you missed it, House Chores - Beta 0.6 released today for $5+ Patrons! The public release will be on Monday!

However, I wanted to address that there were some hotfix updates quietly released throughout the day.

On Android, specifically, there was a newly introduced glitch so I released two separate updates to help prevent scenes crashing. I believe this same glitch can happen on PC (Beta 0.6) if you are in Low Quality mode so I do intend to update the PC version soon. It will probably get included when I update the $10/$15 rewards so follow the page and you'll be able to see if the PC link has been updated if you are someone who plays LQ mode on PC.

That's everything for now! Thank you to everyone who has reported bugs my way. See you all soon with the $10/$15 rewards in the next day or two and then the public release on Monday!

After the public release, I'm going to hit the ground running sharing some new things coming in Beta 0.7 as well ;)"

I don't plan to keep pledging to Siren so, someone else will have to update as they come.

Reactions: maxtern and X0M3!

F9Zoney

Jul 1, 2018
v0.5.2
-Added a little more dialogue with Linda on Day 1
-(Adds a bit more context to the pace of Day 1 & 2's events)

this is new even for me. no bugfixes, no new content?, just add some dialogue on day 1 and adding context. is this worth a lone update?

Reactions: daeril01

LOGhetto

Nov 8, 2017
This game is cursed!
Artist replaced, rewrites so on & so forth.
2 years in development and little to no development.
2021 was Siren's weakest year
Shit, I blame a large majority of western ero games relying on crowdfunding honestly. It's why the Japanese ero games while, can have a lot of crap they most consistently get good shit. Whereas our creators overpromise but rarely if never deliver, have zero faith in their original vision, make up reasons to delay, fix what's not broken, and something that's not their fault, being censored by their crowdfunding platforms (Patreon/PayPal).

ANTagonist

May 27, 2017
Shit, I blame a large majority of western ero games relying on crowdfunding honestly. It's why the Japanese ero games while, can have a lot of crap they most consistently get good shit. Whereas our creators overpromise but rarely if never deliver, have zero faith in their original vision, make up reasons to delay, fix what's not broken, and something that's not their fault, being censored by their crowdfunding platforms (Patreon/PayPal).
Very much so, though credit to Siren he at least managed to finish two games with minimal delays. House Chores didn't start off his own project either and he has gone through more than a few artists to get the game into any workable shape.

Reactions: CaTa-SF

JR81

Feb 28, 2017
v0.5.2
-Added a little more dialogue with Linda on Day 1
-(Adds a bit more context to the pace of Day 1 & 2's events)

this is new even for me. no bugfixes, no new content?, just add some dialogue on day 1 and adding context. is this worth a lone update?
It's v0.6.1. Look at the thread title ;)

• Wow
Reactions: F9Zoney
3.90 star(s) 94 Votes