Unity Completed House of Pandemonium: Unity Edition [v1.0.11] [Throwawaylady]

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
I know this is a Beta, but has anyone been having issues getting the game to start? I downloaded it, but it seems like every time I try to start the program it only gives me a (Not Responding) message. I actually did manage to get it running for one game, although it crashed almost as soon as that first game was over. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?
This hasn't been a problem for me, but you're not the first person to report startup issues for this version. Are you running it on windows 10? A week or so ago something went wrong in the Unity project, which may be interfering with some of your software. The more details you can provide, the better the odds it can be fixed. In particular, your OS, 32bit or 64bit, and DirectX version would be very helpful!

SirSieghart

Oct 23, 2018
This hasn't been a problem for me, but you're not the first person to report startup issues for this version. Are you running it on windows 10? A week or so ago something went wrong in the Unity project, which may be interfering with some of your software. The more details you can provide, the better the odds it can be fixed. In particular, your OS, 32bit or 64bit, and DirectX version would be very helpful!
OS is Windows 10 64-bit, DirectX 12.

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
Mac version is busted.Won't even open the program, says it's incomplete
This is likely related to the issue some of the windows users are experiencing - Unity wiped some settings a week or so ago, and it looks like not all of them were fixed. Dev will look into it soon (hopefully) - sorry for the inconvenience!

UltraBlep

Jun 27, 2019
This is likely related to the issue some of the windows users are experiencing - Unity wiped some settings a week or so ago, and it looks like not all of them were fixed. Dev will look into it soon (hopefully) - sorry for the inconvenience!
Apparently it's the MEGA link. Tried another and it booted up fine.

death2205

Jan 6, 2018
Rusalka and mermaids aren't quite the same thing, and fictional settings often use Rusalka as a more malicious type of water-dwelling monster than a mermaid, who's often regarded as good and pure.

Yeah, she was just added in the most recent version and wasn't actually present in the original game this was based off of.
I'm aware she wasn't I had the previous version before this update I was just surprised she was added

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
Apparently it's the MEGA link. Tried another and it booted up fine.
That's... extremely weird, since the only link we provided to the mods is the MEGA version. They should be exactly the same builds. Happy to see it works for you now, though~

Bloodyryss

Apr 9, 2017
Downloaded the UP2SHARE WIN Version and I cant even Unpack it cause the resource.resource file is corrupted ... I dont know if it has something to do with slow download or that I unpacked it with 7Zip ... but wanted to tell you this ...

Also the File has the Name: Pandemonium%20Classic%20-%20Unity%20Edition%20b2

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
Downloaded the UP2SHARE WIN Version and I cant even Unpack it cause the resource.resource file is corrupted ... I dont know if it has something to do with slow download or that I unpacked it with 7Zip ... but wanted to tell you this ...

Also the File has the Name: Pandemonium%20Classic%20-%20Unity%20Edition%20b2
Very odd. Again, all 3 files should be the exact same. Did you try any of the other 2? Sounds like you just had a bad download.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Monster infighting only affects Cupids and Fallen Cupids/Imps for now, since they are more directly opposed. Other forms fighting each other may or may not be implemented later.

We had a look, and it turns out if you're playing on the lowest possible grapahics settings the checkmarks are actually invisible. Is that what's happening to you? Can you try playing with the graphics on low instead of "as low as possible"? Even if you're not on the lowest one, just try different settings for quality (and maybe size too?) and see if you can make them show up. If you can make it work, please let us know your settings on which it DIDN'T work so it can be fixed in the future :)
It defaulted to low as possible and I didn't change it because I didn't think it would matter since my machine can run some pretty high graphics. I'll try it out and report back with an edit. EDIT: That was the check box issue, just invisible because of graphics settings and it was monster autopilot taking control from me. I have been trying to play as a monster from the start instead of being transformed.

Last edited:

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
It defaulted to low as possible and I didn't change it because I didn't think it would matter since my machine can run some pretty high graphics. I'll try it out and report back with an edit. EDIT: That was the check box issue, just invisible because of graphics settings and it was monster autopilot taking control from me. I have been trying to play as a monster from the start instead of being transformed.
Good good, glad to have that resolved! Enjoy the game~

Reactions: alex2011

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
OS is Windows 10 64-bit, DirectX 12.
Regarding your issue: we're pretty puzzled as to what's causing this, but we'd really like to figure it out since it's appearently affecting multiple people. When you start the game, logs should automatically be placed in this folder:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\tl\Pandemonium Classic - Unity Edition

The logs are called:

Player.log, Player-prev.log and output_log.txt

If you could try crashing and then zip these logs to us, that might help in resolving this issue. The logs do have the pathname in there, so you may want to remove that line for privacy reasons!

Bloodyryss

Apr 9, 2017
Very odd. Again, all 3 files should be the exact same. Did you try any of the other 2? Sounds like you just had a bad download.
Ok ... Sorry about that ... its false alarm ... the filename is still cryptic but now it works ... somehow windows "finished" the download at 599 MB instead of 767 MB ... Sorry to worry you ^^

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
anyone have any tips or recipes for this game?
I could give you lots of tips, but you'll have to be a bit more specific or we'll be here all day :D For the recipes, try interacting with the bookshelves! They'll give you hints regarding the alchemy.

Reactions: aaaac

Lord Leo

Apr 10, 2018
I could give you lots of tips, but you'll have to be a bit more specific or we'll be here all day :D For the recipes, try interacting with the bookshelves! They'll give you hints regarding the alchemy.
that helps abit tbh i been running thru like a idiot

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes