Unity Completed House of Pandemonium: Unity Edition [v1.0.11] [Throwawaylady]

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
I want to be a male :(
That's not happening, for the simple reason 3DCG really, really does not do guys well. We're at a point in development where the tone is pretty firmly set to "girls only", so the odds of a guy becoming playable are very slim.

• Sad
Reactions: arelor

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
That's not happening, for the simple reason 3DCG really, really does not do guys well. We're at a point in development where the tone is pretty firmly set to "girls only", so the odds of a guy becoming playable are very slim.
If you ever do - and honestly, even if you don't - consider adding the ability to toggle certain human characters on/off. Especially with the addition of new characters who weren't in the original game, and especially if those characters originate from something else. Some people might just prefer to only play with the original characters, or only with their favorites. Naturally, this would become a much bigger issue if you added a new male character with male-to-female transformations (as demanded by pretty much everybody on "that" site), and suddenly people had this major turn-off added to the game with no option to turn it off. But it'd be a nice option to have either way.

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
If you ever do - and honestly, even if you don't - consider adding the ability to toggle certain human characters on/off. Especially with the addition of new characters who weren't in the original game, and especially if those characters originate from something else. Some people might just prefer to only play with the original characters, or only with their favorites. Naturally, this would become a much bigger issue if you added a new male character with male-to-female transformations (as demanded by pretty much everybody on "that" site), and suddenly people had this major turn-off added to the game with no option to turn it off. But it'd be a nice option to have either way.
I'm not sure how easy it is to make the humans specifically toggleable, but that's probably something that could be included at some point. I'll take it up with the dev! (To be clear, although I'm answering the questions in here I'm not the one actually developing the game. I've just been involved with the development for a good while. I therefore can't make promises regarding features, but the dev has been very forthcoming with accomodating my and other people's feature requests, so I'm guessing they'll be willing to add this too if they can :) )

Again, there will be no guys, unless something drastically changes within development.

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
Keeps crashing for me.
When, and in what version (windows, linux, mac)? If it's at startup, more people are reporting issues with that and an attempt to fix it is being worked on. If it IS your startup, how much RAM do you have? Starting the game needs to load a whole bunch of things which appearently is quite taxing on low RAM machines.

If it isn't at startup, we'll need some details to be able to look into it.

godhan69

Jul 27, 2019
this has really diverted from the original classic not that i'm complaining more features the merrier i say.

What 3d modeling program was used for the characters? i know i seen that exact looking models somewhere before.

Last edited:

godhan69

Jul 27, 2019
I'm not sure how easy it is to make the humans specifically toggleable, but that's probably something that could be included at some point. I'll take it up with the dev! (To be clear, although I'm answering the questions in here I'm not the one actually developing the game. I've just been involved with the development for a good while. I therefore can't make promises regarding features, but the dev has been very forthcoming with accomodating my and other people's feature requests, so I'm guessing they'll be willing to add this too if they can :) )

Again, there will be no guys, unless something drastically changes within development.
i don't know if they would do this but it would be cool if it was possible to make some sort of special type of possibly brewed elixir one that doesn't revert the character back to human form but does revert their humanity so they come back to your side again, But with the same ability advantages of whatever monster they are, Think of it like taming a werewolf into a dog.

Would like to see more infighting between other monster races. Since currently all there is are the cupids and the imps i think.

Also mind telling me how and where you can contact the devs about potential ideas?
Been playing this unity 3d version since it was just a small texture less one floor area in early alpha state on the tfgames site, Crazy to see how much it's grown.

Also curious what program was used for those 3d renders i seen them before in another game on here. Riley Magic Swap.

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
i don't know if they would do this but it would be cool if it was possible to make some sort of special type of possibly brewed elixir one that doesn't revert the character back to human form but does revert their humanity so they come back to your side again, But with the same ability advantages of whatever monster they are, Think of it like taming a werewolf into a dog.
This has come up before and is something we may potentially add for some monsters in the future. It's unlikely to happen for all monsters, as each "friendly" monster would need a seperate AI to disable their ability/impulse to TF downed enemies.

Would like to see more infighting between other monster races. Since currently all there is are the cupids and the imps i think.
We've looked at this and while it's not impossible, it requires very specific code to be added to specific monsters. For the foreseeable future this will remain something exclusive to demons and cupids; when the other cupid types from the Handbook are added they'll be included in the handbook as well.

Also mind telling me how and where you can contact the devs about potential ideas?
Been playing this unity 3d version since it was just a small texture less one floor area in early alpha state on the tfgames site, Crazy to see how much it's grown.
Dev specifically didn't want to be linked on here, so I can't do that. Sorry! I'll repeat, however, that while I am not actively developing this game through actual coding I am pretty involved in general (next version will even have a monster of two made by me :D ). If there's ideas here that haven't been tabled before, I'll pick them up with tl to discuss possibilities. I can only very rarely make guaranteers about what will or will not make it in since I'm not the one coding, and I don't want to put the dev on the spot.

Alternatively, since you're familiair with the TFGS post, there's a forum thread there that the dev DOES visit, so that's an option too.

Also curious what program was used for those 3d renders i seen them before in another game on here. Riley Magic Swap.
It's 3D Custom Girl (or 3DCG for short) with a crapton of mods to create all the monster forms (and in fact, all humans have modded parts too...)

Last edited:

aaaac

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2019
If you have been following the game that long have you considered trying to contact them via the tfgamessite forum? The game seems to have started there and I know all the games have to have a forum thread.

godhan69

Jul 27, 2019
This has come up before and is something we may potentially add for some monsters in the future. It's unlikely to happen for all monsters, as each "friendly" monster would need a seperate AI to disable their ability/impulse to TF downed enemies.

We've looked at this and while it's not impossible, it requires very specific code to be added to specific monsters. For the foreseeable future this will remain something exclusive to demons and cupids; when the other cupid types from the Handbook are added they'll be included in the handbook as well.

Dev specifically didn't want to be linked on here, so I can't do that. Sorry! I'll repeat, however, that while I am not actively developing this game through actual coding I am pretty involved in general (next version will even have a monster of two made by me :D ). If there's ideas here that haven't been tabled before, I'll pick them up with tl to discuss possibilities. I can only very rarely make guaranteers about what will or will not make it in since I'm not the one coding, and I don't want to put the dev on the spot.

Alternatively, since you're familiair with the TFGS post, there's a forum thread there that the dev DOES visit, so that's an option too.

It's 3D Custom Girl (or 3DCG for short) with a crapton of mods to create all the monster forms (and in fact, all humans have modded parts too...)
Well if my idea has already been brought up before i'm not going to bother with prying and bothering the devs, if they already been asked about the same thing.

Yes i also found out it was 3DCG which i tried myself after i found a shared folder filled with all the assets that were used with this game, It's a real pain to find more mods for it though as most sites seem to be dead that would have hosted a large collection of mods, Only reliable site i have found was 3dcustom.xyz site which still doesn't contain even over half of the mods out there, I know that because there is a site dedicated to every known mod for 3DCG, Alot being lost in time it seems.

aaaac

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2019
Well if my idea has already been brought up before i'm not going to bother with prying and bothering the devs, if they already been asked about the same thing.

Yes i also found out it was 3DCG which i tried myself after i found a shared folder filled with all the assets that were used with this game, It's a real pain to find more mods for it though as most sites seem to be dead that would have hosted a large collection of mods, Only reliable site i have found was 3dcustom.xyz site which still doesn't contain even over half of the mods out there, I know that because there is a site dedicated to every known mod for 3DCG, Alot being lost in time it seems.
Well if you don't look and ask you will never know if they have already been asked about the same thing.

I was the person who ended up resurrecting 3DCG and finding most to all of the old assets to remake the character sprites. We made a guide about how to make assets. It also includes links to a copy of the all 3dcg assets in the game and a few places where you can find some more.

Sadly the ultimate place would have been hongfire, but they went down a few months after we found everything. If what you want is a copy of every asset ever made you have to try your luck with torrents.

What's this about a handbook?
It's something the original maker of chambers of pandemonium made. It features a lot of monster girl forms and general world building. The unity edition has been using it as inspiration for forms to add. You can find a copy here:

godhan69

Jul 27, 2019
Well if you don't look and ask you will never know if they have already been asked about the same thing.

I was the person who ended up resurrecting 3DCG and finding most to all of the old assets to remake the character sprites. We made a guide about how to make assets. It also includes links to a copy of the all 3dcg assets in the game and a few places where you can find some more.

Sadly the ultimate place would have been hongfire, but they went down a few months after we found everything. If what you want is a copy of every asset ever made you have to try your luck with torrents.

It's something the original maker of chambers of pandemonium made. It features a lot of monster girl forms and general world building. The unity edition has been using it as inspiration for forms to add. You can find a copy here:
Yeah what happened to hongfire anyways? it was the perfect place to download japanese game mods, And a place i used to get alot of honey select mods from.

I thought about torrents but quite frankly i don't really trust them lol, I had experienced with torrents that didn't turn out so well.

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
Is there any chance for creating 32bit version, please?
Appearently there is; currently patches are being worked on to fix some of the bugs in this beta. The final build may include a 32bit version :)

any way for this to run in a potato pc?
Turn the settings to lowest, enable to framerate cap in the options, enforce a maximum amount of entities, etc. There's a bunch of options that could help!

Katsunaru

Mar 2, 2020
Appearently there is; currently patches are being worked on to fix some of the bugs in this beta. The final build may include a 32bit version :)

Turn the settings to lowest, enable to framerate cap in the options, enforce a maximum amount of entities, etc. There's a bunch of options that could help!
It crashes after the Unity logo though, so i can't even get into the options menu

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
It crashes after the Unity logo though, so i can't even get into the options menu
Would you try downloading it a second time? I've heard a report like this before, and it was actually the result of a bad download. If that doesn't help, it's possible the future patch may fix it, but I can't make any promises there.

EDIT: Could you open your task manager and look at your RAM usage? The next patch (if there's no major bugs, it should be out soon!) will have a different booting procedure which decreases RAM usage, so that might help you!

Last edited:

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
An update has been posted~

This is a patch for the current beta, so there are no new forms in this build. Several quality of life adjustments have been made, some balancing has occured, and a whole bunch of minor bugs have been fixed.

A bunch of under the hood changes have been made that should make it possible to run the game on low RAM systems, the mac version should now run properly, and there's a first attempt at a 32bit version. This should hopefully make it possible for everyone to run the game! Please let us know if you cannot.

aerdon, please let us know if the 32bit version runs! We cannot test it locally, so if it doesn't work your input will be needed to tinker with it. That said, we're not sure if it'll be possible in the first place, but we're willing to try!

DL Links:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes