VN Ren'Py Abandoned House of Seduction[v2.2] [Madzeal]

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
Nice game. Also side note for developer: I may have encountered a memory leak problem. The first time a discovered it was above 7GB. I managed to recreate a problem.
The first memory fail is when i open the menu for save (for example before a choice).
After that every time I save it goes up with around 400-500MB for each save. (it is not required to close the menu just press save after save, each time a new save)

Tested: Version: 0.1.1

I hope I could help.

View attachment 137993
Any help is appreciated

Calyps0

Mar 24, 2018
Everytime I turn around, I see another game that knocks my world around. What will it be? I guess we'll just wait and see. MAC VERSION PLEASE!

Reactions: Kratos33

Jackbite

Jan 2, 2018
Great addition to the fold! I Like the models and the animations a really good as well, Two thumbs up from me!

Yeto1964

Nov 12, 2017
Nice work, but
save is not functioning!
I can click it, the menue appeares, but "new save" is not clickable!
Well, I run House of Seduction in Linux (wine) and normaly unity
has no problems, but maybe here???

Xyzzy

Jan 24, 2018
Okay, first of all, I like what I've seen of this game so far. I like the characters, and it's good to see some new models that haven't been used a lot in other games. I think there's a lot of potential here, and I really would like to see where you take the story, so please, please, please, ignore those who just bitch and complain and try to tear down your work.

Now, that said, I think there are some problems. What follows is not intended as a rant, but hopefully will be taken as constructive criticism. Here's my list:

1. What is the MC's name? I like that I'm able to choose a name for him at the beginning, but then his name changes. I saw him called Mack, Timothy, and my favorites, in spots he's called MC and Ooops. Sorry, but that's just sloppy and weak.
2. It's "would have", "should have", "must have", "could have", etc., NOT "would of", "should of", and so on. PLEASE fix this, it's terribly annoying!
3. Is Elaine the MC's mother or not? He calls her Elaine, she often calls him son. It really looks like you got past Patreon's ridiculous rules by doing a wholesale change of "Mom" to "Elaine". This is evidenced at times when the MC says things like "She's my Elaine", and there are other references to him being her son. If you're going the landlady route, you need to revisit all of the dialog and fix it all. If she is his mom, then why can't he call her "Mom"?
4. I am somewhat disappointed that Elaine is not (at least currently) sexually available to the MC. There's a gorgeous, provocatively clad MILF striking sexy poses there, but no, you can't have her. It just feels like an unnecessary tease.
5. There are some points in the game where the player makes decisions, but there seems to be insufficient follow-up to those decisions. An example:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you're going to force a particular path from the previous decision point, then why have the decision in the first place?
6. Two or three "Brain to <whatever>" lines is funny. But you've got a bunch of those lines already in the game, even at this early stage, and I think it's become tiresome already.
7. There are a number of missing words, some mispellings, and poor syntax and grammar, as well. Most games suffer from that. I'm a technical writer by profession, so I naturally zero in on that kind of stuff.

So I think you're doing pretty good work so far, and I have faith that you'll improve even more as the game progresses. I'll be looking for the next update.

Reactions: Shmurda and ontach

kok

Sep 13, 2016
incest patch for this game this will change landlady to mom
AppData\LocalLow\mz\hos\Saves delete everything in Saves folder and extract content from rar file to that folder
after that open patch profile and load the game

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
Okay, first of all, I like what I've seen of this game so far. I like the characters, and it's good to see some new models that haven't been used a lot in other games. I think there's a lot of potential here, and I really would like to see where you take the story, so please, please, please, ignore those who just bitch and complain and try to tear down your work.

Now, that said, I think there are some problems. What follows is not intended as a rant, but hopefully will be taken as constructive criticism. Here's my list:

1. What is the MC's name? I like that I'm able to choose a name for him at the beginning, but then his name changes. I saw him called Mack, Timothy, and my favorites, in spots he's called MC and Ooops. Sorry, but that's just sloppy and weak.
2. It's "would have", "should have", "must have", "could have", etc., NOT "would of", "should of", and so on. PLEASE fix this, it's terribly annoying!
3. Is Elaine the MC's mother or not? He calls her Elaine, she often calls him son. It really looks like you got past Patreon's ridiculous rules by doing a wholesale change of "Mom" to "Elaine". This is evidenced at times when the MC says things like "She's my Elaine", and there are other references to him being her son. If you're going the landlady route, you need to revisit all of the dialog and fix it all. If she is his mom, then why can't he call her "Mom"?
4. I am somewhat disappointed that Elaine is not (at least currently) sexually available to the MC. There's a gorgeous, provocatively clad MILF striking sexy poses there, but no, you can't have her. It just feels like an unnecessary tease.
5. There are some points in the game where the player makes decisions, but there seems to be insufficient follow-up to those decisions. An example:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you're going to force a particular path from the previous decision point, then why have the decision in the first place?
6. Two or three "Brain to <whatever>" lines is funny. But you've got a bunch of those lines already in the game, even at this early stage, and I think it's become tiresome already.
7. There are a number of missing words, some mispellings, and poor syntax and grammar, as well. Most games suffer from that. I'm a technical writer by profession, so I naturally zero in on that kind of stuff.

So I think you're doing pretty good work so far, and I have faith that you'll improve even more as the game progresses. I'll be looking for the next update.
This is a great critique and so it seems only fair that I address each point

1) Name: Not sure where Mack came from as for Timothy, that is reference to a British sitcom called Sorry! When the main character in that show use strong language his mother would say 'Language Timothy'. Ooops is a nickname because he was conceived after his father's vasectomy, hence he was an Ooops baby. The 'MCs' yep that's my fault I simply wrote the tag for his name wrong
2) I've tried to use more natural speech for the characters and most people use 'could of' 'should of' etc instead of 'could have' 'should have'
3) Elaine is the Landlady and there will be a 3rd party patch which will change her to Mom which leads into your next point
4) Yes there will be scenes between MC and Elaine
5) We didn't have the resources to do scene as originally written so blank screen. The rewrite of that scene was a bit of mess and probably still is and that's something we will put right at some point
6) Yes the 'Brain to' was getting a bit tiresome so I've stopped using them
7) I'm going to have some strong words with my proof reader concerning this point. As for misspellings I'm not sure if that is just language differences or not. I'm English so I use English spellings and if you are an American or more used to reading American English then some words will appear to be misspelt

Thank you for having faith in us and it's comments like yours that are helping us to improve

Reactions: ontach

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
incest patch for this game this will change landlady to mom
AppData\LocalLow\mz\hos\Saves delete everything in Saves folder and extract content from rar file to that folder
after that open patch profile and load the game
Can someone add this to OP please

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
2) I've tried to use more natural speech for the characters and most people use 'could of' 'should of' etc instead of 'could have' 'should have'
That's not the case. People often shorten the 'could have' 'should have' to 'could've' 'should've'. People with poor English skills mishear these as 'could of' 'should of'. We should avoid propagating errors like these.

Arless001

Jan 21, 2018
So is anyone else having this issue or is this the end of this part of the game for now i come to this sentence, "God I'm so bored, really bored, so bored in fact I'll have go at fixing the bathroom tap. That's how bored I am" my game just stops and i mean everything is gone just the background pic of your bedroom

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
So is anyone else having this issue or is this the end of this part of the game for now i come to this sentence, "God I'm so bored, really bored, so bored in fact I'll have go at fixing the bathroom tap. That's how bored I am" my game just stops and i mean everything is gone just the background pic of your bedroom
Game ends, when your screen goes black and it says "End of v0.1|"

Xyzzy

Jan 24, 2018
This is a great critique and so it seems only fair that I address each point

1) Name: Not sure where Mack came from as for Timothy, that is reference to a British sitcom called Sorry! When the main character in that show use strong language his mother would say 'Language Timothy'. Ooops is a nickname because he was conceived after his father's vasectomy, hence he was an Ooops baby. The 'MCs' yep that's my fault I simply wrote the tag for his name wrong
3) Elaine is the Landlady and there will be a 3rd party patch which will change her to Mom which leads into your next point
4) Yes there will be scenes between MC and Elaine
5) We didn't have the resources to do scene as originally written so blank screen. The rewrite of that scene was a bit of mess and probably still is and that's something we will put right at some point
6) Yes the 'Brain to' was getting a bit tiresome so I've stopped using them
7) I'm going to have some strong words with my proof reader concerning this point. As for misspellings I'm not sure if that is just language differences or not. I'm English so I use English spellings and if you are an American or more used to reading American English then some words will appear to be misspelt

Thank you for having faith in us and it's comments like yours that are helping us to improve
Well, thank you for your compliment of my critique. I'm glad that you found it useful. Just a couple of points:

Yes, I am American, but I am well used to English spellings (like the English colour instead of the American color, and so on), so that's not a problem for me. I figured you were either English, or had at least learned "British English" as opposed to "American English" due to some of the slang and colloquialisms you used that were definitely English and not American. I watch quite a bit of British programming on TV. Where I live we have a TV channel that is dedicated to British shows 24/7, so a lot of the language differences are familiar to me.

But that brings up a case in point -- you have an international audience. I've never seen the show "Sorry!", so the "Timothy" reference was lost on me. I also had never heard of the term "Oops baby" until you explained it. It makes sense, but then again, this girl shows up from out of nowhere and calls him Oops. We don't know who she is or where she came from, nor do we know the backstory of his conception. Perhaps a bit of exposition might be called for.

The "have" vs. "of" issue was already further discussed (thank you ontach). It's just a hot spot for me, so I'll get off that particular soapbox now. And thank you for the heads up about Elaine and the MC, mom or not. I'm an old fart, so I'm more into the MILF thing.

Keep up the good work, I'm keen to see what's in store.

Reactions: Madbadbutajoytoknow
2.80 star(s) 4 Votes