LewdKitty87

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2024
Damn, this looks cool as heck. Might have to treat myself to this one. For sure keeping an eye on it.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Is it true some scenes are locked behind a paywall?
Basicly nearly everything is. You need to wait till 28th.

I understand the dev idea of only unlocking content after, but man, this has so little content it doesn't encourage anyone to pay.

Sure next releases could have less content, but on first release having barely 10 minutes of gameplay isn't a good way to ask for patronage. If the content avaiable wasn't enough polished I would think it was a scam.

I don't want to sound rude, and as I said, I understand the dev's idea, but first release is important for first impressions. And this isn't what encourages me to subscribe.

edit: had anyway instead of anyone lol

Last edited:

cuteperce

Game Developer
Jan 27, 2022
I like the emphasis put on sound effects and music. Makes for a nice experience so far. However, putting paywalled scenes in a first release, no matter if done with the intention of a later removal, is a big no-go. A first release like this is meant to get to know what the dev is cabable of, an introduction to art style, writing and general storytelling. Cutting it short like this is not going to help to build up a proper following for this work of art.
You limiting scenes to patreon only is a tarnish on this project. Bro. let us free people have the full game and take the patreons who want it because they just want to support and can.
The music is beautiful. The art most likely Ai but used with good scene posing. The dialogue reads well. Characters have personality and back and forth interactions. The music, the music and SFX. You tried so hard and it is amazing. Really good stuff. You've done something with the themes of Naruto. Expanded on the brutal world of ninja and I want to see more. I really want to enjoy this experience and give reviews with almost every update you put out.

But man, you blocking the content. You denying us the story and moments. There's a clear love in this game and I respect that. Your putting soul here. Rely on that, don't gatekeep.
I will accept the promise of all content becoming free. And a word of thought. I like the idea a lot of being the inheritor of the Fox Demon's Chakra and being the tyrannical overlord. Please, let the dominant and romance routes be your main focus. I know the NTR gang is going to rise up and ask for content and it is what it is. Everyone has their fetish, but there is so much NTR shit. A game where you are the powerful dominating corruptor is rare and has awesome story potential.

I really don't want another NTR trope conga line of bad feels powerless protag storytelling. To become a great shinobi lord, that has creative fire that will keep me and other readers invested. You've earned my respect and I shall be waiting for the first release and I will give greater feedback as it comes out. In depth.
Good job
Basicly nearly everything is. You need to wait till 28th.

I understand the dev idea of only unlocking content after, but man, this has so little content it doesn't encourage anyway to pay.

Sure next releases could have less content, but on first release having barely 10 minutes of gameplay isn't a good way to ask for patronage. If the content available wasn't enough polished I would think it was a scam.

I don't want to sound rude, and as I said, I understand the dev's idea, but first release is important for first impressions. And this isn't what encourages me to subscribe.
I appreciate your level-headed feedback in regards to early-access content for supporters (Can we call it that instead of paywalls in the future please!)

While the pre-release in hindsight could have been handled better, it's now in the past. Looking forward, I would like to find balance between keeping most of everyone happy, while ensuring HoS's future commercial viability.
Here's a few pointers on the subject matter:

1. The upcoming initial release contains around 200 options that are related to "sex" scenes. Of those 200 options,
ONLY 2(or 3) are behind early-access (Which will of course be opened-up to free players in a succeeding update)
That's only 1-2% of all options reserved for early-access

2. I am looking into the possibility of posting an unlocked version on the 21st (If it won't interfere with thread promotion) so that free players can go into the initial-release on the 28th having experienced the entirety of the pre-release.

3. Codes will always eventually be leaked. Hell, someone already hacked the pre-release and posted a patch. I am not going to go out of my way to fight piracy and the powers that be. If you can't/don't want to support HoS and if you can't afford waiting until early-access content is made free, then there will always be methods to get what you want. I only ask you do so silently and without going out of your way to slander HoS.

As a reminder, unlocked content for free players:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
I appreciate your level-headed feedback in regards to early-access content for supporters (Can we call it that instead of paywalls in the future please!)

While the pre-release in hindsight could have been handled better, it's now in the past. Looking forward, I would like to find balance between keeping most of everyone happy, while ensuring HoS's commercial viability.

1. The upcoming initial release contains around 200 options that are related to "sex" scenes. Of those 200 options,
ONLY 2(or 3) are behind early-access (Which will of course be opened-up to free players in a succeeding update)

2. I am looking into the possibility of posting an unlocked version on the 21st (If it won't interfere with thread promotion) so that free players can go into the initial-release on the 28th having experienced the entirety of the pre-release.

3. Codes will always eventually be leaked. Hell, someone already hacked the pre-release and posted a patch. I am not going to go out of my way to fight piracy and the powers that be. If you can't/don't want to support HoS and if you can't afford waiting until early-access content is made free, then there will always be methods to get what you want. I only ask you do so silently and without going out of your way to slander HoS.

Will the game have eida?

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017

While the pre-release in hindsight could have been handled better, it's now in the past. Looking forward, I would like to find balance between keeping most of everyone happy, while ensuring HoS's future commercial viability.

You got my comment wrong though. I don't share the same opinions of other comments you quoted as well. I can understand the idea of a dev using a paywall (even if I don't like it), it's still a marketing choice. And let's be frank, some comments you quoted are just people who clearly are thirsty for content and don't give a shit about the dev's property. That's isn't what I meant. What I said is that it shouldn't be applied on first release due the first impressions it gives. Unfortunely many games out there tend to share a tiny bit of content and end up being abandoned. If it's fair to those who actually release content? No, it's the way it is.

Finally, the effort that is being made in a paywall could be better applied on game content, but who am I to judge. If anyone is to blame, is the ones who leak the content.

As much this is a piracy forum, I still try to be fair and comprehend the dev's will to protect their property. Hence why I wanted to distance myself of other comments around, because I felt my goal on the criticism wasn't completly understood. After all, I complained mainly due being first release.

Last edited:

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
I will accept the promise of all content becoming free. And a word of thought. I like the idea a lot of being the inheritor of the Fox Demon's Chakra and being the tyrannical overlord. Please, let the dominant and romance routes be your main focus. I know the NTR gang is going to rise up and ask for content and it is what it is. Everyone has their fetish, but there is so much NTR shit. A game where you are the powerful dominating corruptor is rare and has awesome story potential.

I really don't want another NTR trope conga line of bad feels powerless protag storytelling. To become a great shinobi lord, that has creative fire that will keep me and other readers invested. You've earned my respect and I shall be waiting for the first release and I will give greater feedback as it comes out. In depth.
Good job
Just one reminder, netori and netorare are completly 2 different things. NTR is used for netorare. While I love netori, I absolutely despise netorare. If this game is mainly to steal a girl from other love interest (which I believe it is), then it should have the cheating tag instead the netorare tag.

Anyway, tastes are tastes. As long the game doesn't force me a content I don't like (or is like game over, but easy to avoid) then I don't mind.

Reactions: Fantasyerotica1234
Jul 9, 2017
in regards to early-access content for supporters (Can we call it that instead of paywalls in the future please!)
You can call it whatever you want, but that doesn't change the definitions. Early-access is paying customers have access to v0.2 while freebies have access to v0.1. But what has people bothered is that you have given access to v0.1, but parts of the game that users have been given are blocked because they haven't paid. That is the literal definition of paywall.

Early-access(paying users are X number of updates ahead of free releases) is perfectly fine. The other is greatly frowned upon.

Btw, I'm not telling you how to market/release your game, that's all up to you. What I am saying is that you shouldn't get surprised if people raise a stink if you try to sell them a spade while calling it a fork.

Last edited:

PsychoKayron

Aug 15, 2018
And here I was thinking that paywall couldn't get any worse.. this game launch 0.1 and still with locked content kkkkkk that's just hilarious hideous.

9alwa

Sep 16, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to explain. That sounds fair in my opinion. Good luck with the game :PogChamp:

JLuckas

Aug 4, 2018

POHA all this, there is a game with four times the production time and it doesn't have even half of that in NSFW content, (without naming names)

https://f95zone.to/threads/innocent-witches-v0-11-alpha-sad-crab.330/

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes