Cluck Norris

Jul 20, 2018
Kinda ironic how I paid for this game a while ago, but Gamejolt version is outdated AF. Thanks for the updates, at least I can see what might be included in next update I paid for, whenever that happens...

Sebille

Aug 17, 2018
Kinda ironic how I paid for this game a while ago, but Gamejolt version is outdated AF. Thanks for the updates, at least I can see what might be included in next update I paid for, whenever that happens...
I am not familiar with the platform, but perhaps its like Steam where they've got only the stable versions?
If so, then its normal and to be expected.

For the newest/alpha builds, the legit way to get them is by being a Patreon, afaik.

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
GameJolt, Steam and Itch.io catch up once they are done with each cycle. Those platforms only get stable releases. You have to be a Patron on Patreon if you want to get in on testing unstable versions.

Cluck Norris

Jul 20, 2018
Don't get me wrong, I don't regret supporting the creators, but sometimes it feels weird when they release another version of custom story creator, and newest version you have is not compatible because it's too old :/

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
0.13.2 is out on patreon! changelog from the site:
lea might actually have a voice now!
She does, and it's pretty cool. Performance seems way up also. I also feel like it looks much better too, but I can't put my finger on what the difference is...

Sebille

Aug 17, 2018
Clunky in what way? I think it plays pretty smooth.
He probably means the poor performance/optimization issues, since its a pretty demanding game, and possibly the glitches that still plague the game.
Now queue in the person that will deny this, as if the game is buttery smooth (if it was, it would be released as a finished game).

Reactions: PurplePatch

PurplePatch

Sep 6, 2017
He probably means the poor performance/optimization issues, since its a pretty demanding game, and possibly the glitches that still plague the game.
Now queue in the person that will deny this, as if the game is buttery smooth (if it was, it would be released as a finished game).
Clunky in performance, also the game glitches out with items disappearing. When you use the console to put the missing object in, it blocks the achievements. Plus story lines are a bit clunky too. Yes I know some paths close off others, but outside of those parameters story lines are rather stilted and choppy.

However, I bought the game, I still play it from time to time. The potential is there, unlike many patreon games, but just my concerns.

Reactions: Cirro84 and Sebille

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
Yeah I mean it runs great for me, but what I don't understand is that everybody wants to run this game on Ultra with no issues, even if they have an older system. If they made "Ultra" accessible for all systems it wouldn't be Ultra. I never said it wasn't demanding on Ultra settings, but my FPS increase by double when I switch to "High", and it still looks great. You don't really get a degradation of quality until you hit Medium and Low, but I mean, you start having a pretty old system when you need these settings. I dunno, I play a lot of 3D games, and this is pretty standard stuff. Of course this won't run like a Renpy game.

3.60 star(s) 61 Votes