KristopheH

Mar 8, 2018
is there a thread for issues regarding custom stories? I'm having problems with mods being just an empty house.
You've probably got a version clash going on. If you try using a custom story built using an older game build with a newer version of the base game, an empty house is what tends to happen. Double check the version of both your game and the customs story you're trying to play - make sure they match.

P.S. if you're playing custom stories - try 'Random Party'. That one's my favourite.

Reactions: stormcalled

cesid

Nov 2, 2019
I have tried the old CSC with the new Unity and the new version of the game. Usually it doesn't work very well when you try before the matching version, this time is worser....seems that CSC 0.17 can't read anything of 0.18. That is because directory are changed? Old House Party had assets and another folder, the new have different one.

frankstallone

Jul 27, 2019
I have tried the old CSC with the new Unity and the new version of the game. Usually it doesn't work very well when you try before the matching version, this time is worser....seems that CSC 0.17 can't read anything of 0.18. That is because directory are changed? Old House Party had assets and another folder, the new have different one.
You should 1) use the specific version of Unity they tell you to use and 2) wait for the updated version 18 CSC to work on version 18 story files. It's not that hard to understand. They even tell you this on the CSC download page.

DaBiTo

Dec 8, 2018
I wanted to know if I can play without taking the risk of making my steam account banned, can anybody answer me ?

cesid

Nov 2, 2019
You should 1) use the specific version of Unity they tell you to use and 2) wait for the updated version 18 CSC to work on version 18 story files. It's not that hard to understand. They even tell you this on the CSC download page.
I downgraded Unity and I managed to mod with older CSC, even new features like new radial work now.

VoidSite

Jul 6, 2018
EekGames_Erasmus If you dont know already, German language has its own charakters. We call them "umlaute". That would translate into "idioms" I guess.
However. Playing the game on German is not possible. Whenever you choose an option from the ring-menu that has an idiom in it, it's just do nothing.

For example: "Open" (door/drawer etc.) translate in german to "Öffnen" wich is totaly correct. But if you choose it, nothing happens. And I think there is no need to mention how far the game is playable if you are not able to open any doors ^^

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
This game is extremely difficult to navigate. I feel like a need to have a PS4 controller to move the character around and navigate through the house. Trying it with the keyboard and mouse is just too much. For an adult game, that's too much to ask the player, IMO.

Jun 14, 2018
I hate games where if you don't play each update you might miss scenes because the dev decided to change it or to make some items to have a different impact in the future versions.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
long time i give up on that bad "story" of this game and enjoy modded story.

there is soo much missed opportunity on the standard story. It became boring soo fast because i don't want to replay the same thing over and over to unlock different things by doing the same shit again.

playing Random Party or else give that game way more fun. it's maybe just a simple change, but it give a fresh air everytime.

3.60 star(s) 64 Votes