EekGames_Don

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
I also received this error on the original story.
This could be on us, or not. Generally 0xc... errors ARE software related. The file that actually has the best info in this case is going to be your output_log.txt. This will be found at (or equivalent location on your system): C:\Users\Shitty\AppData\LocalLow\Eek\House Party

I need one big screenshot of anything there that mentions (CTRL-F if you have to) an exception, and a shot of the ====OUTPUTING STACK TRACE==== section. Should resemble what's in the attachments.
example1.PNG example2.PNG

Then, from the error.log file I need a shot of as much as you can get of the Stack: section. It will look like:
Stack:
0xb9d7eed0: 00000000 00000000 0dad09e0 0000008a ................
0xb9d7eee0: 0dad20a0 0000008a 5efa3320 0000008a . ...... 3.^....
0xb9d7eef0: bd25dd48 0000008a e9ffb050 00007ff8 H.%.....P.......
etc. etc.

The error and output_log files need to be obtained at the time of the crash, as while the error logs get saved away in folders with date and timestamps, the output_log file hangs out by itself and eventually overwrites itself. We are aware of a handful of method call issues that are causing similar errors for some users at times, but the more info we have the better. Thanks!

EekGames_Don

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Done. If anyone else has some copies of custom stories, post them there, so they do not get lost completely.
Awesome, thank you. Trying to restructure everything ASAP including original story creator credit, titles, etc. We may be backed up and all that fun stuff now but getting people back and into things after a perceived 'total loss' is rough.

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Lol Erasmus. . .
Lol Hans, why do you have to be that guy? If he chooses to post here or not it doesn't change much. The people of this community are potentially beneficial for publicity, some of them are even supporters or future supporters. No offense to Erasmus, but others and myself don't like funding projects that aren't complete, and may never be complete. There is a large number of games on this site that are dead in the water, and all the supporters are shit out of their cash.
In other matters, thank you Erasmus for the feedback. I hate to be that guy myself, but I'm stoked for future releases related to HP. I will definitely buy your hard work when it has some of it's features fleshed out. But for it's current state, I would not pay for it already knowing what it has to offer.

jarb01

May 18, 2017
Lol Erasmus, why are you commentating on a forum that provides a free version of your game.
i doubt he's the first dev to come to a thread about his own game on this site. there's even a developer tag you can get for your profile on here. (speaking of which, why hasn't he gotten one, mods?)

also, sometimes people here can provide feedback and bug info that might be useful.

either way, i'm not going to complain about a dev using an alternative platform to communicate with their playerbase.

Reactions: sniff3005

jarb01

May 18, 2017
Can anyone create a Mega Link for 0.8.8? That torrent file is over 4 gigs for each OS....
also, i think the torrent is a bit outdated. they released a hotfix, or "redeploy" for 0.8.8 (i propose we call it "0.8.8r"), and i don't think that's what's in the torrent.

Funke420

Oct 25, 2017
also, i think the torrent is a bit outdated. they released a hotfix, or "redeploy" for 0.8.8 (i propose we call it "0.8.8r"), and i don't think that's what's in the torrent.
Hmm I've seen links for rapidgator on another forum but dice for a mega link on f95...

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Can anyone create a Mega Link for 0.8.8? That torrent file is over 4 gigs for each OS....
Depending on what torrent downloader youre using, it should give you a prompt for which files you download before it even starts. I can recommend qbittorent.

Empire0075

Feb 14, 2018
m
Here yah go, still have mine, this version ONLY WORKS IN v0.8.3!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
man how can u run 0.8.3 version of the game??After downloading from mega when i start running is says "could not find story files!please ensure the application has access to write to document folder!"

Funke420

Oct 25, 2017
I've found a link for 0.8.8 both 32 and 64 bit win on Rapidgator,keep2share,fileboom, and uploaded. If anyone has access to premium host link generator or a subscription to offcloud.com(or similar link converting service) Please DM me. Each file is around 1 gig archived..

Morpheas

Oct 28, 2017
I'm uploading a copy of 0.8.8 Win 64bit on Google Drive.
Will take a few hours, but hopefully it will work (MEGA doesnt work for me).

jarb01

May 18, 2017
House Party 0.8.8 Win 64
thanks! do you know if this is base 0.8.8, or the redepoly? either one works, really.

UPDATE: looking at the dates that the files were modified, it looks like this is actually the redepoly. thanks!

3.60 star(s) 62 Votes