Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Ideally, I would like a command that works for everyone, to force them to stay in 1 place, but it seems this isnt possible at this time (0.8.7).
Sadly I think you are correct, the dev has admitted before that the roaming command wasn't implemented correctly. Maybe they still haven't actually gotten around to making the command work the way it should, maybe even ran into some issues. The state 27 command probably only works on specific characters. Will test eventually.

Reactions: Morpheas

p22

Jun 21, 2017
I tried those commands several times, but even though the console tells me the operation was completed successfully, the characters are still able to roam, at least most of them.
Stephanie keeps trying to walk to the living room, even though both speakers are turned off and there is no music playing.
Rachael just wants to get out of the room for no reason, and so is Madison. Basically they are forced to roam, because they keep walking around the room and occasionally try to get out but the door is locked.

Ideally, I would like a command that works for everyone, to force them to stay in 1 place, but it seems this isnt possible at this time (0.8.7).
Commands actually do work, but they only prevent roaming. The random unscripted walking.

Stephanie has trigger to get to the speakers with music. Disabling roaming will not stop that. Also she already has roaming disabled by default. All its movement is scripted.

There are also reactive triggers for some scenarios in Original Story. Like some girls getting offended when seeing you intimate with other character, and trying to get out of area. Also some characters emit "get out of here" aura around them, in some condition, making other characters get away from them (this can actually be turned off, since it is also one of the states, check "help state" in console).

For anybody interested, story and character files for Original Story are all in nicely formatted JSON files, that are readable, and with some effort you could figure out what scripting is there for each character.

Also some of the persistent running scripts (not all) could be disabled by triggering variable that is condition for it. Use "modifyvalue" command to change values of variables.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Sadly I think you are correct, the dev has admitted before that the roaming command wasn't implemented correctly. Maybe they still haven't actually gotten around to making the command work the way it should, maybe even ran into some issues. The state 27 command probably only works on specific characters. Will test eventually.
This is actually new roaming command. It's the old one that was not implemented correctly.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Yes.

Note that custom stories are also JSON, but are not formatted (everything in single line), and have some binary segments at start and end of file.

Morpheas

Oct 28, 2017
Commands actually do work, but they only prevent roaming. The random unscripted walking.

Stephanie has trigger to get to the speakers with music. Disabling roaming will not stop that. Also she already has roaming disabled by default. All its movement is scripted.

There are also reactive triggers for some scenarios in Original Story. Like some girls getting offended when seeing you intimate with other character, and trying to get out of area. Also some characters emit "get out of here" aura around them, in some condition, making other characters get away from them (this can actually be turned off, since it is also one of the states, check "help state" in console).

For anybody interested, story and character files for Original Story are all in nicely formatted JSON files, that are readable, and with some effort you could figure out what scripting is there for each character.

Also some of the persistent running scripts (not all) could be disabled by triggering variable that is condition for it. Use "modifyvalue" command to change values of variables.
Ok, thanks, I will make sure to check this stuff out. I didnt know that there is this "get out of here" state that you're talking about, hopefully I'll be able to disable it.

Does anyone know how to change a characters interests/affection (what ever its called)?
Yes you can to use the social command. Type: ? Social in the console for more info.

jarb01

May 18, 2017
there's supposed to be a special story that the devs are releasing on valentine's day, but don't know if it'll be out on time. they're also having technical problems with their website and forums, and i doubt that's helping.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
There is 0.8.8 beta on Patreon.

No idea what was added, since website is down. Maybe that new story and some fixes?

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
There is 0.8.8 beta on Patreon.

No idea what was added, since website is down. Maybe that new story and some fixes?
Yep, it's exactly that. You can see the release notes on Steam:

jugde

Oct 28, 2017
Copy from steam

House Party 0.8.8 is Now Live With a New Story!

14. FEBRUAR
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! We've released a special new Valentine's Day story in this surprise release. Hope you enjoy!

CHANGE LOG:
  • Added "A Vickie Vixen Valentine" Story
  • Added alternate panties to Vickie's model
  • Increased the clickable area on the gutter
  • Adjusted the way some items are shown in the inventory
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes dialogues can break and you can't talk to anybody anymore.
  • Updated console help and feedback responses

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
. . .that's bullshit
Hypnohouse hasnt worked for a long time, it was fan made for like, v7 something. Somebody made an update in their own time to make it compatible with 8.3 I think, but it is not from the dev nor is it the dev's responsibility to conform to a mod. You can find a legacy release and continue to play hypnohouse if you would like. But dont complain about your personal issues here, go try to mod the game yourself and see why nobody is keeping mods updated to the current version.

jarb01

May 18, 2017
there's supposed to be a special story that the devs are releasing on valentine's day, but don't know if it'll be out on time. they're also having technical problems with their website and forums, and i doubt that's helping.
well, i guess i was wrong. the new valentine's story is out with the release of 0.8.8, on time for valentine's day. apparently it has a few small bug fixes too.

now we just need to wait for someone to upload.

TanatOS

May 5, 2017
House Party v0.8.8 Beta
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Win32+Win64+Linux+MacOS in attached torrent
OR
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In case of downloading Original Story problems, extract attached zip in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Eek\House Party\
and maybe once party will be held also in the office.

3.60 star(s) 62 Votes