VN Ren'Py Abandoned House That Jack Built [Update 5] [Slonique]

1.50 star(s) 2 Votes

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Yeah and that's a shame too, because Bright Sun Studios actually did have a couple of rather promising games and the writing was rather good too, but trying to make so many different games in such a short time, each one getting abandoned after first release, or within 4 updates at most and never finishing even one...obvious cash grab is obvious, sadly :/
isnt the dev who changed name everytime with a new game ? that doesnt help too

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
isnt the dev who changed name everytime with a new game ? that doesnt help too
only once i think..but painted her/him/itself into a corner of lies..got found out fast and totally disappeared in a smoking cloud of utter humiliation..at least with slonique you ALWAYS know the perp..HAHAAA..i still wish he/she/it would hire a writer and just do renders and nothing more...because regardless what we think of how bad the games are..the renders are always great.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
only once i think..but painted her/him/itself into a corner of lies..got found out fast and totally disappeared in a smoking cloud of utter humiliation..at least with slonique you ALWAYS know the perp..HAHAAA..i still wish he/she/it would hire a writer and just do renders and nothing more...because regardless what we think of how bad the games are..the renders are always great.
clearly the weak spot of Slonique is the story. seems like he start having an idea each time, but cant think about what happen after 5 minutes of this story.
wich explain why he start new game all the time.

Reactions: Lucifer_Morningstar

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Why they burned the great library of Alexandria? Why there were religious wars and prosecutions? Why there was a holocaust? Why another Slonique's game exists?

Reactions: Monster Cockzilla

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Why they burned the great library of Alexandria? Why there were religious wars and prosecutions? Why there was a holocaust? Why another Slonique's game exists?
its all part of the plan...

wich plan ? meh, dont ask me , i dont know ... lol

Reactions: vir_cotto

Xymma

Feb 14, 2018
Despite the horrible criticism, as a die-hard Metallica fan, I feel duty-bound to at least watch this one. (Yes I realize that it is almost guaranteed not to be related to Metallica in any way.)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Yeah and that's a shame too, because Bright Sun Studios actually did have a couple of rather promising games and the writing was rather good too, but trying to make so many different games in such a short time, each one getting abandoned after first release, or within 4 updates at most and never finishing even one...obvious cash grab is obvious, sadly :/
Pretty spot on.

BSS could have done really well for himself, he was growing at a steady pace and more people were starting to notice and then he ignored everything people said to him because he knew better and started abandoning games trying to get that 1 big hit.

Not he's never going to get anywhere.

It's a damn shame, Blooming Love was great and I was enjoying HSCS then he went full Kotaku.

The sad thing with Slonique is he's in the same boat. Too many half finished games, starting a sequel before finishing the first, firing out game after game trying to pull in an audience when all it's done is make him a meme.

Thing is, Slonique has some pretty decent renders as renders go. Stories tend to be generic and half arsed but if he slowed down, just focused on 1 game at a time, he'd probably be able to make something half decent.

As that requires actual effort though I guess we'll just see more of these.

But, really......

Do guys here really get off watching some kid boning women?

Not mocking, it's genuine curiosity. I see a lot of young male protags and I wonder if guys are into that kind of thing. I guess as far as lesbo content goes i'd be okay seeing a college age chick tongue fucking her way through pussy paradise but some of these guys barely look old enough to have finished puberty.

I don't mean into it in a gay way looking at a kids penis I mean seeing women fucked by a young guy. Just clarifying before someone thinks i'm calling everyone gay. Which would be rich coming from a gayette.

ENF Master

Jul 16, 2017
Pretty spot on.

BSS could have done really well for himself, he was growing at a steady pace and more people were starting to notice and then he ignored everything people said to him because he knew better and started abandoning games trying to get that 1 big hit.

Not he's never going to get anywhere.

It's a damn shame, Blooming Love was great and I was enjoying HSCS then he went full Kotaku.

The sad thing with Slonique is he's in the same boat. Too many half finished games, starting a sequel before finishing the first, firing out game after game trying to pull in an audience when all it's done is make him a meme.

Thing is, Slonique has some pretty decent renders as renders go. Stories tend to be generic and half arsed but if he slowed down, just focused on 1 game at a time, he'd probably be able to make something half decent.

As that requires actual effort though I guess we'll just see more of these.

But, really......

Do guys here really get off watching some kid boning women?

Not mocking, it's genuine curiosity. I see a lot of young male protags and I wonder if guys are into that kind of thing. I guess as far as lesbo content goes i'd be okay seeing a college age chick tongue fucking her way through pussy paradise but some of these guys barely look old enough to have finished puberty.

I don't mean into it in a gay way looking at a kids penis I mean seeing women fucked by a young guy. Just clarifying before someone thinks i'm calling everyone gay. Which would be rich coming from a gayette.
You calling me gay faggot!!!??? No but seriously, I would love a game where a digusting greasy looking fat guy fucks gorgeous women sick of pretty boys in games.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Brith Sun Studios tried the same in the same situation. Ended in an abandoned game after abandoned game. Now their Patreon is gone. Because they failed to learn from the mistake and success of others. They just wanted instant success.

They kept repeating the same pattern, expecting different results. And we all know what that's a sign of.
"Mistake" implies something that's not intentional. I'm not familiar with BSS but in this case I'm pretty sure the dev is pretty aware of what he's doing and the reasons for doing so. He's still pulling a decent amount from patreon after all, at least from what I saw on the last game thread. Disproportionate amount to the quality delivered for sure.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
You calling me gay faggot!!!??? No but seriously, I would love a game where a digusting greasy looking fat guy fucks gorgeous women sick of pretty boys in games.
I'd hardly call him a pretty boy. Granted a dyke probably isn;t the best judge of what is attractive in guys but I don't think it's that.

I just always assumed guys would prefer playing as someone with a bit of life experience. Someone in their mid 20's or so that had done a bit and lived a little. I don't quite see the appeal of playing a virgin kid, personally.

It's like if a female protag was the daughter from Dating my Daughter, I couldn't play it. She's too young and stupid it would probably be the most frustrating game ever.

My point is, I just always thought people would prefer a character that knew what they were doing. Guess I was wayyyyy off the mark.

1.50 star(s) 2 Votes