VN Ren'Py Abandoned How Far Will You Go [Part 4] [ntrgames]

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
there is stil a lot of interest in Dev's work. Not sure how many contributed.... but I think if he stuck with it it could have been profitable.

Reactions: Echbert

BeastMaster59

Jun 12, 2017
there is stil a lot of interest in Dev's work. Not sure how many contributed.... but I think if he stuck with it it could have been profitable.
It's still profitable without him posting anything, he is still receiving over 400$ for nothing.... So I think that is pretty profitable if you consider it, as his last release was Dec 2020.
Makes over 3000$ for doing nothing.
Just my thoughts.

VolksKrieg

Apr 6, 2018
It's still profitable without him posting anything, he is still receiving over 400$ for nothing.... So I think that is pretty profitable if you consider it, as his last release was Dec 2020.
Makes over 3000$ for doing nothing.
Just my thoughts.
If someones game is abandoned, it is okay creating his game right? what i mean is continue?

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
If someones game is abandoned, it is okay creating his game right? what i mean is continue?
The developer retains IP rights to work that was published, whether it has an "abandoned" tag on a pirate game site or not.

Having said that, the IP protection only applies to elements that the dev created themselves, not to a general story or use of existing graphics. So, you could continue the game (even roughly recreating the existing game) so long a you don't use any assets or unique lore created by the dev.

For instance, you could use the name Zoe, because that's not something the author created. Even the name of the game is a common phrase and so not protected. The name ntrgames is protected, and probably the exact image of the protagonist (but you could copy it pretty closely without violating IP protections). The specific dialogue is protected.

But I'd ask you the same thing I ask everyone who wants to continue someone else's game; if you have the skills and desire to create a game, why not make it your own game? Use the original as an inspiration, but don't voluntarily restrict yourself from doing as you please. Plus, explicitly recreating/continuing someone else's game is always going to attract a degree of hate because you "aren't doing it right" according to some self-proclaimed expert in the original game.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Only if you get permission.

Devs still keep the rights to their games, you can't just take someone else's game and carry it on. Well, you could but they could claim any money you make from it.

How weird to assume anyone cares for IP rights around here... :rolleyes:
We don't because we can afford to not care, we aren't making any profit from other peoples IP's.

A dev trying to profit from something should care because it's them that get screwed over with copyright laws.

Common sense really.

Reactions: VolksKrieg

anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
Absolutely. Go right ahead.

I would advise against trying to connect any of your personal bank accounts to any such project, but other than that, knock yourself out! :)

Reactions: VolksKrieg

anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
Only if you get permission.

Devs still keep the rights to their games, you can't just take someone else's game and carry it on. Well, you could but they could claim any money you make from it.

We don't because we can afford to not care, we aren't making any profit from other peoples IP's.

A dev trying to profit from something should care because it's them that get screwed over with copyright laws.

Common sense really.
Why do you assume he's attempting to make any profit out of it, is what I'm wondering.

We're all pirates here. We don't know words like "permission", "rights", or "IP".

don't voluntarily restrict yourself from doing as you please
Good advice actually!

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
We're all pirates here. We don't know words like "permission", "rights", or "IP".
Most of us do because we have common sense.

People that don't use that little bit of common sense soon learn words like "court", "lawsuit" and "fine".

• Haha
Reactions: riddikk91

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
You really are on the wrong website, aren't you...?
The adult gaming world is a bit bigger than you seem to realize. If VolksKrieg was only interested in continuing the game for the small handful of people here on F95zone, you'd probably be right that he needn't concern himself with IP considerations. However, the original game was not unique to F95zone and there is no reason to believe that a continuation would be any different.

You really are on only the one website, aren't you...?

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes