Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
so how do you talk to theodmer when you do get to his house and try he tells you do you want to see mu mu's asleep and you go back to him and it says the same thing how to get past that heres my save id appreciate the help
I will check it out as soon as I can.

Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
In chapter 3 the names of the locations aren't showing on the map, but if you hover your mouse you can still select them.
Did you start it from the beginning? Or did you load saves from the second chapter?

hobobobb

Jul 25, 2017
Holy shit, didn't notice this was Max's life developer, thanks for the heads up. Time to abort, don't wanna get burned again.
Kinda in the same boat, Max's Life was great for a while and then it kinda went to crap. I mean Dev can do what Dev wants to do, and I totally respect that, but in the case of Max's Life their decisions cost them my $upport.

How I Became a Hero looks fantastic and the promise from the Dev " There is no plan for ntr/sharing scenes " is all well and good in theory, but from what I've been told Max's Life (I quit support/play at Chapter 3) has a "No NTR" option but it doesn't really stop half of the "non-MC" content.

Someone, please correct me if that's wrong.

In any case for me, I'll be "wait and see"... for a looooong time before I dare to get into another Kuggazer-made game.

Really sad how hard it is to trust dev's these days.

Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Kinda in the same boat, Max's Life was great for a while and then it kinda went to crap. I mean Dev can do what Dev wants to do, and I totally respect that, but in the case of Max's Life their decisions cost them my $upport.

How I Became a Hero looks fantastic and the promise from the Dev " There is no plan for ntr/sharing scenes " is all well and good in theory, but from what I've been told Max's Life (I quit support/play at Chapter 3) has a "No NTR" option but it doesn't really stop half of the "non-MC" content.

Someone, please correct me if that's wrong.

In any case for me, I'll be "wait and see"... for a looooong time before I dare to get into another Kuggazer-made game.

Really sad how hard it is to trust dev's these days.
I understand you, but with Max's life I lost not only your support, but that of many others. You can believe me or not, but I will not make the same mistake twice. The mistake of making sharing scenes optional. I thought I was not hurting anyone this way, I was wrong. Also because it's easy for things to get out of hand sooner or later.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
So will this be a dual world typ thing were he will go between worlds ?

Or will he be stuck in this other world ?

Enjoyed the third chapter tho pretty funny stuff happend

Will keep a eye on this

Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
So will this be a dual world typ thing were he will go between worlds ?

Or will he be stuck in this other world ?

Enjoyed the third chapter tho pretty funny stuff happend

Will keep a eye on this
Absolutely one will be able to travel between the two worlds once mc has found a way to return home.

Reactions: michael1984

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
You have listed almost everything. The importance of virginity, having to live under the same roof or not giving importance to friends or npc's.
You don't necessarily have to have sex with everyone you meet on your path.
Virginity is a matter of personal taste for each one, but in general it is not something that, at least for me, gives too much importance, except for some specific type of LI.

Regarding the NPCs, it's quite extreme, I don't see that including male or female NPCs is bad in itself. It depends on how you do it, a male friend of the MC can add a lot, and it's always necessary to include side characters (male and female) with whom the MC has no intention of forming a romantic relationship and these may well have a relevant role in the story, even if it's secondary.

On the other hand, that the MC lives in the same house with all the LIs is something not so necessary, if it fits the story, then go ahead, but if for the story it's better that an important part of the LIs live in their own houses, and for the MC to share housing with only one or two of the LIs (or none), that's fine too. Sharing the house with some LIs is always nice, but it can be problematic for the plot sharing the house with all LIs. So, it all depends of what the Dev wants for his/her game.

On the other hand, I think that a lot of people who like harem games with romance, as is my case, aren't usually interested in casual sex (as is my case), the MC having sex with a prostitute, or with a girl who is in a bar, or similar, in general doesn't contribute anything to the plot nor does it allow the MC to advance in the last objective of achieving a romance with all the LIs. The same is for see anonimous couples fucking, it apports nothing to the plot and in general I think that is a waste of time.

I am still talking with my friend about the free roam matter.
We may decide to remove it if you don't like it. It would be much faster for us to work on the game without free roaming.
I will wait for some more opinions from those who are playing it.
It partly depends on what you want to do. If the game is going to have a more or less linear story, then a VN will be a perfect choice. In case you want to include a large number of romanceable (or not romanceable, but fuckable) and optional side characters, a sandbox may possibly be more effective. Likewise, if you are going to include RPG elements, such as combat sistem or management elements (buy stores and manage their operation, take control of a kingdom, etc.) a sandbox will be much more efficient.

What the sandbox allows is to repeat scenes without having to go to a gallery, simply by talking to the LI in question.

Reactions: DodgeDadRamDaughter
Dec 9, 2020
In chapter 3 the names of the locations aren't showing on the map, but if you hover your mouse you can still select them.
Did you start it from the beginning? Or did you load saves from the second chapter?
This is weird I was gonna post about the same thing, but then I went and started a new game, auto sped through some of the story, didn't save, went back to main menu, loaded save from chapter 3 and the names are showing again. :whistle:

Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
This is weird I was gonna post about the same thing, but then I went and started a new game, auto sped through some of the story, didn't save, went back to main menu, loaded save from chapter 3 and the names are showing again. :whistle:
It could be related to some variable. By creating the gallery I modified something.
I need to check what went wrong.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I understand you, but with Max's life I lost not only your support, but that of many others. You can believe me or not, but I will not make the same mistake twice. The mistake of making sharing scenes optional. I thought I was not hurting anyone this way, I was wrong. Also because it's easy for things to get out of hand sooner or later.
In my case if they are optional (and there is a button at the beginning that removes any kind of possibility and comments about the sharing/NTR) then there is no problem. In any case, the other day I started chapter 5 of Max Life with the NTR (sharing) disabled, and in the summary scenes of previous chapters other guys than the MC appeared fucking (although the MC also appeared in the scenes also fucking), or naked with the LIs, or in rather sexually affectionate situations with them. I don't know if it's a mistake or if it really happens that other guys appear on the screen having sex with NTR/sharing disabled in those chapters, but in my case those images were a turn down. I closed the game and I don't think I'll feel like trying it again.

What I mean by this is that if you do something optional, it has to be completely and absolutely optional, in no case should another guy appear having sex if the player doesn't want it, since then it's not optional.

KKonaBROthere

Jan 14, 2019
I vaguely remember playing Max's Life when it released thought Wow what a great game. And then the NTR happened. Just like many others have said mine and their support went out the window at that. Cant sneak NTR in midway through a game and expect people who were HARD at the original conception to stick around.

4.10 star(s) 52 Votes