VN Ren'Py How I Became the Bodyguard of the Saintess! [v0.6] [Lunardis]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes
Jun 30, 2017
For now, only four routes are planned, one for each of the main heroines. I’m pretty open to add side routes for secondary characters. They’ll be more optional though, the story I want to tell will still be centered around the main heroines, but that could allow to romance other girls in the game.

Now that I think about it, it was a "bonus" that I was planning to add later in my goal, for Patreon/Subscribestar but… I’ve just added it now, it's better that way…

View attachment 1995002

Now, let's just wait and see when/if we get there... :unsure:
Hmm, Alyssa route is..................interesting, imagine trying to push your friend into MC but yourself also get head over heels with him.
Goddess route is also very interesting to me, it is pretty rare to have a goddess route in a game like this
MC's mother is just another of many "mother" route game out there
Other routes i'm not interest in.

This is my opinion

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Question? Does the Saintess get paid and are there characters that had to broken into other characters?
Angelica is not paid, because she is supposed to be above money and material things, the country doesn't give her anything (yeah, it's completely unfair).

And... sorry, I'm afraid I didn't understand your second question...?

Ribbit-Rabbit

Aug 1, 2018
Angelica is not paid, because she is supposed to be above money and material things, the country doesn't give her anything (yeah, it's completely unfair).

And... sorry, I'm afraid I didn't understand your second question...?
For the second question, I meant did you have to break up one character into smaller characters? Like Kenry and Liam being the same guy at one point?

Reactions: Lunardis

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
This game deserves to be in the top 5 games here. Very underappreciated... I already wrote a review I just wanted to wish you best of luck with your game, Lunardis. :)
You know, even if the game doesn’t have as much success as a wish, those messages really help me stay motivated, so thank you!

For the second question, I meant did you have to break up one character into smaller characters? Like Kenry and Liam being the same guy at one point?
Oh, I see. Hmm, I thought about that a bit, but no, I don't remember breaking a character in two. In fact, your example is funny because I remember thinking at one point about putting Liam and Kenry's characters together. In the end, I didn't, though...

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
V0.4 progress status (+ special news)

Avancement 0.4V3.png

Hello everyone,

Well, I have some news for you, but first, let's talk about v0.4. I'm not going to lie, the last few weeks have been a lot busier than I expected, I've had stuff with my family, stuff with my work, and I even managed to get sick. Yeah, it's funny how everything seems to fall on you at the same time, right? Except I didn't laugh much. The good news is that I'm back in business now. Finally.

That being said, that doesn't mean I haven't done anything. I'm up to about 600 renderings now. To note that I started the part where there is a lot of action scene, which means the renders take longer to be created. 600 is not as good as I expected, but it's not that bad either...

I am more and more determined to make a 3.5 version, for several reasons that I will explain another time. This means that I am close to 80% of the work done before the next release, not 40% as indicated.

Now, let's talk about the big news I wanted to share with you. You see, for some time now, I have been in contact with someone on the Koikatsu discord server. I was very impressed with his work, he did some very good renders, and I wanted to know if I could use some of it to improve my game. We ended up talking, and one thing leading to another, he agreed to help me with some scenes in my game.

So yes, Cephalon Wilzuki has been working for a few months on the transcendence technique you have seen so far. I'd like to think that I didn't do a bad job, but let's face it, he's much better than I am. The next version will have those new scenes added. And in my opinion, he really did a great job.

You can find some example of his work here:

CharaStudio-2022-09-30-21-30-55-Render.png
CharaStudio-2022-08-28-23-01-00-Render.png
CharaStudio-2022-08-13-11-49-12-Render.png

For those interested, you can find more here:

That's it for me, see you soon guys!

firelord112

Dec 14, 2018
Again. A absolutely FANTASTIC Update!

I just love how you combine really funny storrytelling with great art, but at the same time tell a really interesting and exiting story. This is one of the few games I really enjoy just because of the story and that coupled with these amazing renders makes this one of the best games that are currently out there.

I really love your work and look forward to the next Update.

Thank you for this gem of a game and all your hard work <3

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Hello everyone.

The poll for chapter 5 has just been opened. Yes, that's right, with the release of chapter 4 part 1 (very very soon) comes the time to start choosing which heroine you want to see the story first.

You can find the poll or (Patreon/Subscribers access only).

To make sure that everyone understands exactly how this is going to work, I have made a little diagram. I will add to it as the development progresses to show which chapters are finished and which ones are still to be done.

Diagram.png

Some complements:

• Each path will focus primarily on one heroine, specifically the relationship between the MC and her.
  • Each chapter after chapter 4 will have at least one sex scene
  • Each heroine's route will focus on one main enemy. Which one? Well, I'll let you guess, most of them are easy to find.
  • More than just romance with the heroine, each route will focus on what our main character will become. He will have a very different fate in each route.
  • The final chapter on Angelica’s route will be locked until all other heroine routes are released. There is a very good reason for this. Let's just say that there is some vital information you need to learn in other routes in order to fully understand the final on Angelica path.
That's it for me. Thanks to everyone who has supported me so far. I'm still doing my best to deliver the best game I can. See you soon!

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Hello guys,

V0.3.5 release is out for Saintess tier, with 10 000 words and 800 renders.

Other release dates will be:
  • Commander tier - 16/11/2022
  • Knight tier - 19/11/2022
  • Public release – 26/11/2022
There are several new preview pictures in my discord channel , if you're interested.

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
I already said thanks for the update in discord but I'll say it here too. Really enjoyed this one as well, so thanks!

Honestly, when I played the earliest version of the game, I liked it, but it was still pretty early in development, so I hadn't developed much of an opinion regarding it yet. It's really grown on me with each successive update though, and it's definitely become one of the ones I look forward to most.

Definitely an underrated game.

Edit: Spelling =P

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Nope, no harem. And yes, I know harem is popular, I really hesitated over this one. As much as I want to please this community, my priority is to tell a coherent (and good) story, and I can't find a way to integrate a harem without making the characters step out of their personality.
I have a couple of questions.

Personally I only see one ending. So I would be interested to know how many LIs there are and if you can avoid all sex scenes with all but one LIs (and with all the girls that are not LIs).

After the common route, I'll ask for each new update the girl people (=patreon) want me to focus on. To say it differently, after some time, the game will propose different parallel universes, and you will have the possibility to look at them in the order you want.
Ok, I don't know if I have finished understanding this.

So, after the game is over, will you create routes on what would have happened in a parallel universe?

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Personally I only see one ending. So I would be interested to know how many LIs there are and if you can avoid all sex scenes with all but one LIs (and with all the girls that are not LIs).
There are four main LIs, each with a specific storyline. This means that you decide which heroine the game will focus on. If you choose Angelica, you will have a sex scenes only with Angelica. Same with Melope, etc...

In other words, the story can develop in four different ways. You can choose to see only one, or see all four.

So, after the game is over, will you create routes on what would have happened in a parallel universe?
Not exactly. Once the first part is finished, very soon, the second part can be very different. You will have four different “parallel universes”, each with a story centered on a specific heroine. You can choose which one you want to see.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
There are four main LIs, each with a specific storyline. This means that you decide which heroine the game will focus on. If you choose Angelica, you will have a sex scenes only with Angelica. Same with Melope, etc...

In other words, the story can develop in four different ways. You can choose to see only one, or see all four.
Actually, first I have to see if I'm only interested in one of the 4 LIs, if I like 2, 3 or all 4 (something that usually happens) I will almost certainly prefer not to choose.

Not exactly. Once the first part is finished, very soon, the second part can be very different. You will have four different “parallel universes”, each with a story centered on a specific heroine. You can choose which one you want to see.
Once I have chosen one, the other 3 aren't going to interest me.

• The final chapter on Angelica’s route will be locked until all other heroine routes are released. There is a very good reason for this. Let's just say that there is some vital information you need to learn in other routes in order to fully understand the final on Angelica path.
Will angelica's ending be able to be played even if the other routes aren't played?

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Will angelica's ending be able to be played even if the other routes aren't played?
Yes. The only negative is that there will be important references to other characters stories in the last chapter of Angie's route. This chapter is a general conclusion, sort of. That being said, if you are not interested, you can play Angelica's route and ignore the reference to other characters' story.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Yes. The only negative is that there will be important references to other characters stories in the last chapter of Angie's route. This chapter is a general conclusion, sort of. That being said, if you are not interested, you can play Angelica's route and ignore the reference to other characters' story.
If I play, it will only be one of the routes: I never see more than one ending. But for this, I have to either only be interested in one of the LIs, or one of them will interest me much more than the others.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes