VN Ren'Py How I Became the Bodyguard of the Saintess! [v0.6] [Lunardis]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I loved how he just thought of himself as ordinary because he was comparing himself to his sister. What a twist and how it was revealed was awesome the Sword Princess unable to make a move against him than putting 2 + 2 together to figure out he is no ordinary person.

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Really liking the story so far, and was sad when I got to the end of the current build. What a trip, and look forward to more.

Dev's are doing a good job for making me feel attached to the main (and side) characters, as well as hating some aspects (covered below - story/lore about certain character's situation) to the overall story - not bad hate on the story/writing/etc, instead it's hate/anger/disgust/upset I feel/suspect the Dev's want ppl to feel about certain points/aspects in the story/lore.

Discussed my thoughts in spoilers... due to length and as I cover story points and such.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for your comment. I'm really glad you're enjoying the story so far.

I can't answer everything because a lot of it would be complete spoilers for what's to come, but I can still say a few things:

Thanks again for your comment. I’m very happy there are people like you enjoying the story so far!

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
OK my take on the story and my thoughts.

First of all yes the Prime Minister had some influence on her but very little due to her upbringing but I think it will be easily broken by her family.

Second she was able to live at home so she was able to maintain her being a child at home and living normally as a loving family.

Third the MC is now her guardian and he is not influenced by the bitch PMS (that is my nick name for her the Prime Minister).

Fourth the MC and her mother have WAY MORE influence over Angie than that bitch PMS.

Last there is no way he will let her die and so he will break that evil brain washing by the PMS.

When others realize just how powerful he is and he breaks the PMS hold on his sister which he will DEFINITELY do he hates her with a damn passion after seeing how she treated his sister. He will help to free the Sword Country from the grips of that evil PMS who is nothing but a power hungry dictator.

MC and her mother raising the Saintess is her ultimate trump card she is probably very sick of how her Goddesses have been treated all this time and he is there to break the chain and stop the deaths of her Saintesses being treated as tools and not getting the respect they deserve. In the past the Saintess were taken from there families which the families probably feared like the father did running away, but this family held together and still loved her this is what is different about this Saintess from others. There is no way a damn stranger will overcome a family that grew up with love!

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
OK my take on the story and my thoughts.

First of all yes the Prime Minister had some influence on her but very little due to her upbringing but I think it will be easily broken by her family.

Second she was able to live at home so she was able to maintain her being a child at home and living normally as a loving family.

Third the MC is now her guardian and he is not influenced by the bitch PMS (that is my nick name for her the Prime Minister).

Fourth the MC and her mother have WAY MORE influence over Angie than that bitch PMS.

Last there is no way he will let her die and so he will break that evil brain washing by the PMS.

When others realize just how powerful he is and he breaks the PMS hold on his sister which he will DEFINITELY do he hates her with a damn passion after seeing how she treated his sister. He will help to free the Sword Country from the grips of that evil PMS who is nothing but a power hungry dictator.

MC and her mother raising the Saintess is her ultimate trump card she is probably very sick of how her Goddesses have been treated all this time and he is there to break the chain and stop the deaths of her Saintesses being treated as tools and not getting the respect they deserve. In the past the Saintess were taken from there families which the families probably feared like the father did running away, but this family held together and still loved her this is what is different about this Saintess from others. There is no way a damn stranger will overcome a family that grew up with love!
I mean, Ms. Prime Minister already gave us the answer to the problem...indeed, the streets can be dangerous...would be a shame if she will be found dead alongside her bodygards there...probably some monster which escaped our heroic knights :devilish:

skryks

Mar 16, 2018
Like Wtf , how do you find any time to make so much content with that much money , i mean you should have a great motivation.
I just get angry when i see great devs with regular updates don't get attention . i din't saw any problem by now that there aren't any h scenes , all because story it's so great and you don't get every 5 sec sex scene and all that . What can i say ,you won my heart and another patron even if am more into Ntr suff :D .
opera_IfVT1avCH6.png

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I mean, Ms. Prime Minister already gave us the answer to the problem...indeed, the streets can be dangerous...would be a shame if she will be found dead alongside her bodygards there...probably some monster which escaped our heroic knights :devilish:
I think with a bit of training it will be nearly impossible to kill the MC. After all the Swordsman killed an S class and he is finding the Swordsman slow. So how does anyone think it would be easy to kill him? Training will make him aware and he can already sense things and it will nearly be impossible to ambush him.

Reactions: Lunardis

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Like Wtf , how do you find any time to make so much content with that much money , i mean you should have a great motivation.
I just get angry when i see great devs with regular updates don't get attention . i din't saw any problem by now that there aren't any h scenes , all because story it's so great and you don't get every 5 sec sex scene and all that . What can i say ,you won my heart and another patron even if am more into Ntr suff :D .
I'm thinking exposure plays a big part. This thread has 105K views which seems like a lot, but most of the really popular games I've followed have at least 1M. The average is probably closer to 5M.

Having fans throw on a signature probably helps get some people to check it out, but I don't post too much so mine's probably not too helpful haha...

Other than that I guess the dev could do cross promotions or people could mention it on other sites?

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.6 + IC Toggle

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 984 MB

Come find me on Discord:

Last edited:

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
Thanks for your comment. I'm really glad you're enjoying the story so far.

I can't answer everything because a lot of it would be complete spoilers for what's to come, but I can still say a few things:

Thanks again for your comment. I’m very happy there are people like you enjoying the story so far!
Response, thoughts, and question - in spoiler's so no 'wall of text' and no story spoilers.
Thoughts/concerns regarding the story arc'ing situation
I do have 1 major story related question, that I'm gonna ask in spoiler - as it relates to a major plot point/setup in the game.
Anyway, thank you again for the interesting and enjoyable game, and look forward to seeing more of it. Also thank you for taking the time to respond to my thoughts/question.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
What a game! I came here after playing Master Rune, and was a little put off at first by the MC's insistence that he was just an ordinary guy with no talent, but the repetition of that quickly presented itself as a Chekhov's gun situation. When the magical perception he has became clear, I was sure that it was only a matter of time before the matter of his self perceived poor swordsmanship would be corrected. What I didn't expect was exactly how that would be done, and I was very very pleasantly surprised by how it was done. I assumed it would have been a deus ex machina situation and he would just magically be actually great for seemingly no reason, but the whole thing of him being bested by his sister time after time during his training and having that lead to his flawed perception of his own skill was very satisfying and realistic.

Anyone who has ever grown up in the shadows of a sibling's superior talent at fighting or at a sport can probably agree that you never really understand just how much of a positive impact that constant dose of losing to them can have for your own skillset until you finally face more balanced competition. Like I thought I just objectively sucked at basketball and boxing until I played and sparred against people who didn't have over a half decade worth of experience and skill development over me.. not to mention the benefit of having been the one to teach me everything I know in the first place. Realizing that I was actually pretty good was a beautiful moment of self actualization for me as a teenager, and I'm quite pleased to see that same sort of thing happening in this game. I'm curious about just how powerful the MC will become by the time the story ends. So curious that it wasn't until I reached the end of the current content that I realized that there's been essentially no lewd content thus far. That's damn fine writing, imo.

That being said: anyone have recommendations for similar games/stories? I'm a bit on a binge lately in regards to the super powerful protagonist in a world full of danger and intrigue trope, and I'm quickly running out of popular VN's to try out.

Last edited:

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Ok, that was PRETTY AWESOME! I just finished it for the first time and I loved it! Excellent work, dev! Can't wait for next update!

• Red Heart

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Hello everyone. It took me a little more time than I thought, but here we go with my thoughts concerning the latest release.

First, it seems the first part of chapter 4 was appreciated. I'm very glad about that. It’s an important part in the story. The revelation about the main character seems to have surprised a few of you ?That was my goal so… Yeah for me, I guess!

About chapter 4 part 1:

I hesitated regarding the flashback of Melope and her first meeting with Angie. I thought about doing it earlier, I thought about doing it in her path, later. In the end, I chose to do it now, in chapter 4, as I thought it would be better to give a clearer view of her character before her path, so you can choose whether you want to see her story or not.

Don't misunderstand the ending, Swordman got hit because he wasn't vigilant enough. He thought the guy in front of him was a novice, so he let his guard down. MC is good, but not that good he can defeat him so easily. Also, Swordman is very tough. He has been hit, but he’s far from being defeated. The fight between our MC and Swordman is just beginning.

In fact, there’s an interesting duality between these two, as they are both very similar. They both chose to become strong through the sword, and both were faced with their own limit, comparing themselves to powerful existences like the Saintess.

This release also included the transcendances scenes done by Cephalon Wilzuki. I hope you like his work? If so, feel free to leave a positive comment, as I'm sure he'll be very happy to read it.

About what's coming next:

Now it's time for the last part of Chapter 4. Of course, we have to see the end of this fight. After all, it's far from being over. There are a lot of action scenes I need to create. And many of them will involve our protagonist. Now that the cat is out of the bag, there's no reason not to involve him. I'm working on it, and damn, I can't wait to share the result with you.

There will also be more peaceful moments. There is a lot of character development that needs to be done. Especially on the romance side. My goal is that for each heroine, a romance seems possible at the end of this chapter, so that regardless of your choice, it doesn't seem over the top when they begin a relationship.

You'll also see our heroines in swimsuits. Fanservice time! The fate of the country may be at stake, but there are priorities!

Last thing I'll share: Chapter 4 will end with an ultimate choice, a choice that will be very important. I think you''ll be surprised.

That's it for me. Thank you all for your positive feedback, and a special thanks to those who support me. I have many ideas, many stories I want to tell. For this game, but also after. My goal would be to share everything with you. Thanks again.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes