Ren'Py Abandoned How To Build A Harem [v0.3.3] [Studio Mystic]

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
Another author with paid only updates. Well, I never considered supporting greedy authors and I still found "paid only" stuff on other sites so be it... :-D
Last released free / public version was 5 months ago. If you want version 0.3.2 for free, make things like me.

Go to author's Itch.IO page
Name your price: Okay, ehem, $0 is good for everything.
Enter your mail: some-fake@adress.tld :-D
You do not need to verify your email, just prepare yourself for downloading 3.39 GiB from Mega site.

Edit: I really don't know why you facepalm me. I'm trying to save you $5 or other price if you don't go to patreon. Maybe some other players see this useful.
Because if you scroll down to click on Download now, the "No thanks just take me to the downloads" link is working. So 3.2 is the latest puplic free version.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Massive props for pausing the patreon charges.
Whether you are happy or po'd about 'pausing' this game, the Dev is handling this very very well.
There are other devs that just continue to soak folks for as much as they can and as long as they
can.

Cheers

Studio Mystic

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2020
Sorry guys! I'll be un-launching my Patreon until I've got a product that's actually worth showing. Development on HTBAH became increasingly more frustrating as I realized the game was released too soon. First-time game dev noob mistake there. I got in over my head trying to juggle too many characters, a complicated quest log, and code that I didn't understand. I had fun building the game's main storyline, but I had to keep asking my friend for help when I couldn't figure something out. Sandbox games where you jump around within multiple time slots are surprisingly difficult. Throw in a quest log and you have a nightmare lol. It's doable, but slow.

But yeah, pausing development on the game is a breath of fresh air. I'll be able to progress on this next title at my own pace without worrying if I'm putting out enough content each update. Pausing payments on Patreon and focusing on something else is hopefully okay with everyone. I appreciate any donations you guys made though! I just didn't want to take everyone's money for no reason.

Going forward I'll be developing a linear title. I suspect this will be much more doable. I can just break the story I've written into sections and knock each day out until I've got something worth showing. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
Cudo's to being a decent dev that doesn't suck the money out of their patreons with a unfinished game. That sort of thing has become rather the norm instead of the exception. As for your next game, good luck and i will personally look forward to seeing it in the future. HTBAH was a good game, with likeable characters. If your new game has the same or even better quality then this one, I'm sure people will like it, i will at least.

Good luck, and see you in the future.

Powerack

Jul 13, 2020
Well, author gave us these links, but since october 31st NOBODY reported thread and asked for update version. Lazy people these days :-D Author can do it himself, but you see that "notice" to not being updated at the end of post... Nobody is perfect, but really...? If you working on game and want to share update, you need only report thread it and ask for it...

damias

Sep 13, 2020
Sorry guys! I'll be un-launching my Patreon until I've got a product that's actually worth showing. Development on HTBAH became increasingly more frustrating as I realized the game was released too soon. First-time game dev noob mistake there. I got in over my head trying to juggle too many characters, a complicated quest log, and code that I didn't understand. I had fun building the game's main storyline, but I had to keep asking my friend for help when I couldn't figure something out. Sandbox games where you jump around within multiple time slots are surprisingly difficult. Throw in a quest log and you have a nightmare lol. It's doable, but slow.

But yeah, pausing development on the game is a breath of fresh air. I'll be able to progress on this next title at my own pace without worrying if I'm putting out enough content each update. Pausing payments on Patreon and focusing on something else is hopefully okay with everyone. I appreciate any donations you guys made though! I just didn't want to take everyone's money for no reason.

Going forward I'll be developing a linear title. I suspect this will be much more doable. I can just break the story I've written into sections and knock each day out until I've got a few weeks of content. Maybe I can release the project once it's more than halfway done, though I might be tempted to just complete the whole thing. I want to make sure the player's initial interaction with my next game is quite lengthy. HTBAH is only a few hours long so I'm sure I can at least double that within a few months. Not worrying about all that complex code is going to be great. Plus I'm excited to work with studio neo v2. I've just finished downloading a ton of mods that'll make this next title look great.

P.S. I noticed the thread is no longer being updated. If you'd like to play the latest version of HTBAH (0.3.3), you can find it here.

PC - Mega
MAC - Mega
any way to know your next project once it comes out ,I would advise some shameless plug here at least on this thread or people who liked the look of your project

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
just curious is there a game where the girl is in a harem and she has to fuck her way up to the top?
You know, that's actually a premise I don't think I've ever seen in a game. Not really something I think I'd enjoy but it's a very interesting idea. I too wonder if a game like that exists out there. If you come across one, let me know so I can sate my curiosity. I will do the same if I do find one.

DGun23

May 17, 2018
How is it on hold if a new ver was just released and it is already on 3.4 with ver 3.3....How?

Kavalor

Jan 29, 2021
because the dev asked that a month ago, and he has not written something else her to indicate he changed his mind.

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
So, to be clear, can someone answer if this is on hold or abandoned? The tag is on hold but that dev post looked like they are abandoning the project.

Edit: Patreon, Discord, Itch.io all gone dark. This looks more like it's abandoned than on hold. Pity, I thought he was doing well.

Last edited:

ChrisHaze

Nov 12, 2018
Edit: I really don't know why you facepalm me. I'm trying to save you $5 or other price if you don't go to patreon. Maybe some other players see this useful.
Don't feel too bad man, I probably get facepalmed more than anybody on this site, cause I'm very vocal about wanting good animations, harems so I don't have to play the game over and over just to get all the scenes and not paying some random person money for a game that will most likely be abandoned, I'm a finished product kind of spender lmfao.

Reactions: hentai charley

Bse

Aug 1, 2019

Going forward I'll be developing a linear title. I suspect this will be much more doable. I can just break the story I've written into sections and knock each day out until I've got a few weeks of content. Maybe I can release the project once it's more than halfway done, though I might be tempted to just complete the whole thing. I want to make sure the player's initial interaction with my next game is quite lengthy. HTBAH is only a few hours long so I'm sure I can at least double that within a few months. Not worrying about all that complex code is going to be great. Plus I'm excited to work with studio neo v2. I've just finished downloading a ton of mods that'll make this next title look great.

P.S. I noticed the thread is no longer being updated. If you'd like to play the latest version of HTBAH (0.3.3), you can find it here.

PC - Mega
MAC - Mega
Thank you to show this way. I really like it Thank you

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes